IGNORED

Paging Mike Boatright

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 3108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm new to this thread my goal is to help members out with their swings and offer any technical advice or comments from my vast knowledge of reading over 500 golf digest magazines and 15 years of the golf channel B-) Anyway This guy PHIL MCGLENO called me out and publicly made me out ot be an idiot who doesn't know what he is doing. I will say this dude seems like a... JACKASS> I'm trying to do my best here and have fun with I don't need weasels like this commenting on my mistakes as a newb to this site.

I'm new to this thread my goal is to help members out with their swings and offer any technical advice or comments from my vast knowledge of reading over 500 golf digest magazines and 15 years of the golf channel  Anyway This guy PHIL MCGLENO called me out and publicly made me out ot be an idiot who doesn't know what he is doing. I will say this dude seems like a... JACKASS> I'm trying to do my best here and have fun with I don't need weasels like this commenting on my mistakes as a newb to this site.

Well those are terrible sources of information. Your comments in the instruction section have NOT been helpful or demonstrative of any deeper understanding and this is why.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again."

-Alexander Pope

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Newbie Mike, if you base your expertise on 500 golf digests and watching the golf channel, I'd have to say Phil McGleno is spot on as to his opinion.

Problem with golf magazines and TGC is people feel they are doing something when they are doing something else. You will see a text description of what they say they are doing, and then the pics or video are completely different - feel ain't real. I stopped reading golf magazines 10 years ago.

I tend to shy away from offering much swing advice as we have pro instructors here. And it's tough to give advice based on "I am hooking" or "I can't get the ball off the ground, what is wrong?" One needs a video. One might say, "In my experience, this is what I did to correct this issue, but what I did may have nothing to do with your issue without seeing what you're doing."

Tell you what, take a look at several threads that summarize "the greatest hits" on TST. They will help.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Lol. Hilarious. I call for THUNDERDOME!!!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Newbie Mike, if you base your expertise on 500 golf digests and watching the golf channel, I'd have to say Phil McGleno is spot on as to his opinion.

Problem with golf magazines and TGC is people feel they are doing something when they are doing something else. You will see a text description of what they say they are doing, and then the pics or video are completely different - feel ain't real. I stopped reading golf magazines 10 years ago.

I tend to shy away from offering much swing advice as we have pro instructors here. And it's tough to give advice based on "I am hooking" or "I can't get the ball off the ground, what is wrong?" One needs a video. One might say, "In my experience, this is what I did to correct this issue, but what I did may have nothing to do with your issue without seeing what you're doing."

Tell you what, take a look at several threads that summarize "the greatest hits" on TST. They will help.

You gotta be kidding right> I don't need to validate my credentials Iv'e been playing the game since I was 6 years old I played in high school,college and professional. Golf digest has articles from the best teachers in the world! The golf channel has teachers like martin hall who is probably the most knowledgeable teacher in the world with a unique style. By the way what is your credentials what have you done or anyone else here? Is this a site with only pga tour pro's am I out of my element :-D I don't care im going to offer my expertise like it or not I know what i'm talking about if you don't understand something then you need a refresher in golf fundamentals..

I'm new to this thread my goal is to help members out with their swings and offer any technical advice or comments from my vast knowledge of reading over 500 golf digest magazines and 15 years of the golf channel  Anyway This guy PHIL MCGLENO called me out and publicly made me out ot be an idiot who doesn't know what he is doing. I will say this dude seems like a... JACKASS> I'm trying to do my best here and have fun with I don't need weasels like this commenting on my mistakes as a newb to this site.

Ok, so at this point im not taking sides but there are better ways to defend yourself than resorting to using name calling. We're not in the playground now you know ;-) .

There are a number of guys on this forum who offer advice for free and really know their stuff, Phil's one of them. Now no-one is saying you shouldnt comment on peoples swings, however the comments should be at the level of your experience (if that makes sense). As a high handicapper, i can only offer observations from a neutral party rather than advise/instruction. Sometimes all that is needed is another pair of eyes and to say "hey, did you notice you did such and such in your video?"

We are all goingt to have disagreements on a discussion forum, after all if we agreed on everything there would be no discussion, but as long as we are all civil all's good.

Wow, never thought id be the goodie two shoes. Now play nice or i'll tell on you all :-D

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

@Mike Boatright I am not threatened by people like yourself. I have decades of actual golf instruction experience and thousands of great results. You have a bunch of posts on a forum-Almost none of which are valid. I am not the hater in this situation nor am I jealous of your knowledge from reading 500 golf magazines. Who do you think AUTHORS those types of articles? Guys like me. The guys who run this site train instructors and wrote a ****ing book. I am not great at the Net but knowing that someone responded is pretty standard stuff. You post in a thread, someone quotes and responds to you, pointing out that what you said makes no sense, and you ignore it. You probably even get emails about them when someone quotes you. You have missed MANY responses to your posts. [quote name="Mike Boatright" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright#post_1204061"]I'm going to keep posting and adding my thoughts and opinions followed by factual information and ideas to help other members out in their game or golf equipment questions.[/quote] Please do not. You are not helping anyone. [quote name="Mike Boatright" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright#post_1204061"]Your just Going to have to Deal with it Phil grow up! I don't spam or add copyrighted photos I link valid you tube videos and photos to help members with their swing good day sir..[/quote] Yes, I am the one who is in need of personal growth and understanding. [quote name="Mike Boatright" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright#post_1204061"]To answer the second part of your question I do sometimes get the just of someones question and add my 2 cents or just analyze their swing video because that's what they asked.[/quote] You ignored the fact that the swings you are commenting on are YEARS old in some cases. [quote name="Mike Boatright" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright#post_1204061"]My swing philosophy is bases upon the basic fundamentals of the game with a few minor tweaks against the norm of golf instruction. Phil Mickleson,Ernie els Rickie Fowler all get lessons from time to time they have been playing all their life yet still need help from time to time of course im going to ask questions in fact im posting my swing for some feedback tonight it's fun.[/quote] You are not a golf instructor yet you are more confident in the drivel you have posted than any instructor I have ever seen. [quote name="Mike Boatright" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright#post_1204064"][URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/35576/help-how-to-move-swing-bottom-forward]http://thesandtrap.com/t/35576/help-how-to-move-swing-bottom-forward[/URL]   I provided in depth answer to this guy's problems with Bobby Clampetts impact zone technique. He was struggling with it so I gave him my 2 cent's which was more than enough if you can read. Don't ever do anything Like this again Phil got it bud I'm really just trying to help people on here I think it's fun im not spamming and if you can't read my run on sentences then go to another forum or just leave me alone![/quote] You told him to move the ball back. That is lousy advice IMO. You also did not even get Bobby Clampett's advice right. The divot does not extend four inches past the ball-He says LOW POINT is four inches in front of the ball. The divot still goes after that. That is simple stuff and yet you say it with the conviction of a, well honestly, of a crazy person because no golf instructor I know is as confident as you seem and they have MUCH better info than you do. [quote name="Mike Boatright" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright#post_1204068"]The first post is the thread starter I have no reason to read 9 pages of everyone else s opinions on the thread starters original question that would take all day. A good example would be why do I slice the ball with a few videos. I see what I see then add my response im not going to go into others people's answers that would not make any sense. [/quote] You responded in several threads where the video in the thread starter was YEARS OLD. The swing has changed since then. They are working on different things. [quote name="Mike Boatright" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright#post_1204097"]I'm not afraid to be myself that's what gives plus I didn't know I was getting responses. Im just trying to help people all of my responses have adressed their main question and are from basic golf fundamentals I wanna know hat gives actually?[/quote] You are not helping people. [quote name="Mike Boatright" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright/18#post_1204117"]I'm new to this thread my goal is to help members out with their swings and offer any technical advice or comments from my vast knowledge of reading over 500 golf digest magazines and 15 years of the golf channel B-)  Anyway This guy PHIL MCGLENO called me out and publicly made me out ot be an idiot who doesn't know what he is doing. I will say this dude seems like a... JACKASS> I'm trying to do my best here and have fun with I don't need weasels like this commenting on my mistakes as a newb to this site.[/quote] And yet you tell me I am the one who needs to grow up. Reading 500 golf digest magazines? I can only hope the smiley means you are joking because that is a HORRIBLE way to learn about the golf swing. [quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright/18#post_1204144"]Newbie Mike, if you base your expertise on 500 golf digests and watching the golf channel, I'd have to say Phil McGleno is spot on as to his opinion.-Tell you what, take a look at several threads that summarize "the greatest hits" on TST. They will help.[/quote] Sage advice. [quote name="RussUK" url="/t/84604/paging-mike-boatright/18#post_1204182"] Now no-one is saying you shouldnt comment on peoples swings, however the comments should be at the level of your experience (if that makes sense).[/quote] Bingo. And your level of advice is that you can help beginners, a little. ---------- In a nutshell you need to do a lot more LEARNING here on TST and a lot less TELLING. Discuss things. Do not just blare at people and say stupid shit like-Just swing like Jason Day. That is pointless. Even a BUFFOON knows that.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator

You gotta be kidding right> I don't need to validate my credentials Iv'e been playing the game since I was 6 years old I played in high school,college and professional. Golf digest has articles from the best teachers in the world!

Be honest… you're just trolling us at this point, right?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And I am going to write the Great American Novel, based on my years of doing over 500 crossword puzzles and word scrambles.

A clue:  golf magazines and The Golf Channel are some of the absolute worst sources for usable swing help.  You cannot become a swing guru by reading magazine articles and watching TV.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I think this is Mike?

Pretty powerful swing. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I think this is Mike? Pretty powerful swing. . .

Great. He was a 6 handicap listed a few days ago. So what? Does it matter that Hank Haney's swing looks like a fish lunging on the dry dock? Not really the topic here @Lihu . I just want @Mike Boatright to learn more than he tells around here as it is clear he has a lot of learning to do. And unlearning to do.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I think this is Mike?

Pretty powerful swing. . .

Great. He was a 6 handicap listed a few days ago. So what? Does it matter that Hank Haney's swing looks like a fish lunging on the dry dock?

Not really the topic here @Lihu. I just want @Mike Boatright to learn more than he tells around here as it is clear he has a lot of learning to do. And unlearning to do.

Yeah, jumping into the middle of something is not exactly helpful. . .

Also, I watched a meandmygolf video and noticed that Hank didn't actually swing his club. Now I know why, I guess. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yeah that's me in the video 270 yard 3 wood on the green was a nice shot thanks

Cool.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!