IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (October 2015)

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes mirror work. Hip turn. Used grass range yesterday with pretty decent results. My 50 yard pitches cut like bunker shots, so looking at setup. Could have also been tension in the arms.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes mirror work. Hip turn. Used grass range yesterday with pretty decent results. My 50 yard pitches cut like bunker shots, so looking at setup. Could have also been tension in the arms.

Practiced some chips and putts waiting for one person to walk towards me on a fairway? We had a laugh as I passed him by pointing the other direction. :-D

Played 17 holes today, took a bogey on a hole I usually par or better to skip some slower players. Shot "81" (72.9/131), 34 putts (with sandy greens), 7GIR, two missed near greens, 3 doubles, 3 bogey, bunch of pars.

I think all this practice is improving my game even though my scores don't show "radical" improvement. My swings are much more "comfortable", and my putts and chips are much more relaxed and "un-panic(y)". The round was not at all exciting, it felt more like me driving around in a cart and occasionally hitting balls. IDK how to describe it other than that? Glad this "challenge" was suggested. . .:beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Worked on my backswing again today. Hit over 100 balls at a nice slow pace. I was at the course all afternoon. Today was better than yesterday but theres still so much room for improvement. Shortening my swing has been so hard and the right arm staying straight has been nothing but mixed results for me. I feel like keeping the right arm straight adds nothing but tension to my swing. I did some mirror work this evening for a half hour working on my backswing.

Had a lesson today. Worked on keeping my arms in front of me back and through. This is helping my path. I come so far from the inside and that is the cause of most of my issues with my golf swing. We also revisited steepening the shaft in the backswing.

After my lesson I went back to my home course and hit range balls working on what me and my instructor went over. One of my golfing buddies showed up and I then went and played 9 holes. I shot 37 which was my best 9 hole round in 3 weeks. I worked pretty hard on the game today!

9 hole practice round early in the morning. 10 minutes of drills 

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Had our annual Ryder Cup against another club in town. Played well on the last 9. We played 27 holes. Trying to work everything Ive been practicing on and bringing it to the course has been a struggle. Im playing tomm. so hopefully my momentum will continue.

Two buckets practicing my drill piece and hip turn.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Did some hip turn drills and the wrist loading drill in preparation for range practice and chipping practice.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Played 18 today at a nice course with my cousin. I shot 80 which I was very happy with having not played the course before. Came back home and went to the practice green. Worked on the gate drill then did a couple drills on distance control with my pitch shots.

Range session in evening. Upper range was closed today. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

2 large buckets same drill and routine. Hit one drive to the fence using the steel driver. First time I ever hit it on the fly. 92F humid conditions. The balls were going far as long as the spin was low enough. Irons and hybrid went shorter and woods went further.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hit 90 balls at the range today. Still working on my backswing. Also I am working on my path into the ball. I have a tendency to come too far from the inside. If I maintain my tilt to the ball my path is so much better.

2 large buckets same drill and routine. Hit one drive to the fence using the steel driver. First time I ever hit it on the fly. 92F humid conditions. The balls were going far as long as the spin was low enough. Irons and hybrid went shorter and woods went further.

Nearly 2 more buckets at the lower range. Starting to get the flat wrist feel at impact. I seem to have enough spin to stop reasonably, but all my flights are even lower. Going to open up the face a bit tomorrow and see if it raises the trajectory some.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Played a practice round. Did a non-stop action vlog, but it's really boring :-P

Shot 4 over on 9 holes in the form of one triple, a bogey and 7 pars. I might break up the video and just show a few swings in my swing thread.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Did 5 to 10 minutes of mirror work. I am still not consistently doing a centered turn and getting my weight forward. Yesterdays round had several heavy shots and low trajectory shot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2015-10-13

With a new iPhone I've been recording my swing and uploaded to "member swings". So here's what I worked on yesterday from the response I received.

Hit 35 9-irons, and recorded the side-view, in my backyard net.  I've been having issues with pushing left and right with my mid-long irons and after looking at still shots on impact...my left leg has some bend and my body is staying back and not through the swing.

so....yesterday I worked on, with 45min of daylight left, allowing the lower body and weight to transfer forward on the downswing and "thrust" into the followthrough.

from the videos it's definitely getting better but still needs some work this week.

side note:  noticed in the vid that my back shoulder is considerably lower than my left, which I not in need of more trajectory and also my back swing resembles a 3/4 shot.  I have no problem with distance, 9-iron is about 157-160yds, but am not positive the club getting to parallel with the ground is a flaw!?

Driver: Titleist - 910 D2; 10.5*
3-Wood: TaylorMade - Burner Superfast; 15*
Irons: Tour Edge Exotics - XGC3 3-AW
Wedges: PING -56* & 60* Pro Wedges BlkDot
Putter: PING - G2i My Day
Ball: Bridgestone TOUR B330‑RX
Bag: PING - Hoofer 2 - Red/White/Blue
Shoe: Footjoy - Classic Brown Leather

Played 7 holes this afternoon. Didnt keep score and since the course was dead I hit random shots from different locations. Still working on my backswing and it seems to be getting better finally. Hopefully video friday will confirm this.

Note: This thread is 3090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!