IGNORED

any guys here ever game a ladies club?

Sante TwoGloves
Note: This thread is 3083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I once had a 7 wood that a friend gave me that was a woman's club.  I used it for several years for some specific shots, particularly from the rough.  I liked the club.  But I finally gave it to my daughter and she still uses it. 

Butch

With drivers, the shaft flex doesn't make that much difference. What makes the biggest difference is if you're making a center strike or not, and then the loft of the club.

I have a Razr Fit driver that had the original shaft cut down from its 45.5" to 44.5". It dropped the SW to D3. That helped, but it also had a Aldila RIP'd NV shaft in R-flex. Now R-flex in Aldila is for SS of 90-100 mph, which is right in my range, right? It's supposed to fit me. This is the same as a S-flex in some other shaft brands. I hated the shaft. It felt like I was swinging with a board. It felt like I had to swing out of my socks to get a decent shot.

On the machine, I got very good numbers with this club with the RIP'd NV shaft. 225 yds carry, 2200 rpm total spin, and +/- 8 yds for 5 shots.

I put a senior flex shaft in it. I got 228 yds carry, 2250 rpm total spin, and + 5/-10 yds for 5 shots.

I got the idea to try this after hitting my friend's Ping G15 women's driver 13.5 degrees. The launch was too high, but it felt a lot better.

The verdict. The shaft flex made virtually no difference in performance. I kept the senior flex in the club because I prefer the softer feel. It doesn't feel like a board.

Then I found this:

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

awesome info.  it was the length and loft that made the biggest difference for me. im part midget at 5' 5 " plus my swing speed is slower swinging right handed right now. less speed more loft needed i heard is a good rule of thumb. 

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

We live in Germany but have a house in Thailand. Inorder to save stress (and money) travelling backwards and forwards with clubs, we have a second set in Thailand. I had to decide which driver to leave there, we went to the range and tested everything we had. My wife had a TaylorMade 580 ladies' driver and I was able to hit it farther and straighter than any of the men's drivers we had with us (R9, Callaway, Mizuno, etc.). In the end, I chickened out and selected a (men's) Mizuno driver, though I'm not proud of it!

Yes,  Got my wife a new set of irons... had to swing a few.  She has a sand wedge in there that is heavenly to hit.  It filled a big gap in my distances and I hit it straight every time.  It took me buying about  7 used sand wedges to try and find one comparable.  Should have just taken in, but it was about 1/2-1" short.

Also broke my putter and forgot to replace it.  Grabbed my wife's putter for a round with the guys... her putter screams "LADIES" in huge letters on the shaft.  I explained myself on hole 1, just before sinking a 15 footer.  Only heard a handfull comments later.

I tried her driver, which used to be my driver, but it's too whippy now.  I hit it much shorter than my current one.  It's a high loft, and can clear some tall trees.  I like having her playing with me if I need to go over something rather than around it.

Edited by wasilvers

Note: This thread is 3083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!