IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Despite not playing in nearly two weeks, I actually played pretty well today. First team practice, I played five holes (1, 2, 3, 6, 7) and shot +5: one double, one par, but I could’ve been +3 (hit one into the trees on 6 and lipped out an 18-inch putt on 7). Then we hit a bucket of balls, and then I joined a buddy for four more holes (1, 2, 3, 9). Here’s my hole-by-hole:

PAR: 4-4-3-4-3-4-4-3-5–34

SCORE: 5-5-3-6-4-5-5-4-4—41

Despite the fact that it could’ve been a stroke or two better, I’m pretty happy with the way I played, and I’m hoping to get out for 18 tomorrow.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Recent scores

IMG_9869.jpg

IMG_9870.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

98 on the local course, yesterday.  The temps in the 40's, whipping gusts of wind, soggy everywhere so it was cart path only, in essence typical Eastern NC conditions for this time of the year.   49 front / 49 back.  Pars on 7, 14, 16, bogey 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13 - seeing these scores as improving consistency.  Yes, I still deal with the doubles and sadly triples.  Overall - I enjoyed the day to be out and playing, the forecast is for more rain for the next 48 hrs, thinking maybe next week will have a shot at the course again.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

I ended up grinding out 18 holes the other day. Played the front with a buddy, started double-bogey, and battled back to shoot 43 on the front. He shot 40. Then I made the turn to the back and started with a triple on the tenth hole.

Unlike the front, I couldn’t make a good enough comeback on the last eight holes, and therefore shot 47 for a 90 total. Really not a bad score for me at all, I just had one really tough hole. No birdies, although I had five looks, the most realistic one on the 14th, where I had about a 12-footer. Two putts there. Also parred the 15th, and I had to make a dicey 3-footer. Par isn’t easy to get on 14 or 15 at my home course, and I parred em back to back.

My putting was fine save for an awful five-hole stretch (four 3-putts in that stretch, none of them should’ve happened). In fact, I had 16 putts on the front, and my three-putt on the ninth, the first hole in the bad stretch, was from a spot where I should’ve two-putted.

First golf match in about a month, and I’m planning to start a blog about our upcoming season this weekend!

WITB:

Shot 81 today with 14 GIR/nGIR, 29 putts, and 1 penalty stroke.

The penalty stroke came on the par-3 16th hole when I topped my tee shot into a penalty area. Looking back at my scorecard, if I had made bogey or better on this hole I would have broken 80. It was the only horrendous mistake of the day.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

26 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

Shot 81 today with 14 GIR/nGIR, 29 putts, and 1 penalty stroke.

Nice putting!

and only 1 penalty stroke! ☺️

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

5 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Nice putting!

Thanks! The total number is a little deceiving as I had some putts from the fairway/fringe that weren’t counted as putts and my short game was pretty good. In total I used my putter 32 times. But lagged well today and made some 6-10 footers that I miss more often than not. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

45, walking.  Cold, muddy, it was great LOL.  Only did 9 holes but it was walking only. Made a birdie on the short par 4 and no 7’s on the card.  A nice easy outing.  

97 today (course as still soggy, especially the front greens (water pumping under shoes as you're standing to putt)) - consistent 48 on the front, 49 on the back.  Nothing worse than double bogie, no "SNOWMEN" today!   Just too many double bogies and three putts.  Was happy coming off the tee with 9 of 14 fairways hit the others were just off by a yard or two at most.  Putter struggles on the front with 24 but better on the back with just 18.  Overall a good day as temps moderated into the 50's with sunshine.  Takeaways from today - putting needs work (caught myself rethinking the ball direction mid-takeaway should have stopped and reset, approach shots within 75 yards need more work - not trusting the club and wanting to "help it by flipping".  On the positive side was the driver, fairways and hybrid - struck those consistently today, chips/pitches onto the green (less than 15yards) were spot on.  

image.thumb.png.cd9f406b47fd85a02365fbc50d59b964.png

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

I’ve played each of the last three days: some bad, but most of it good or at least okay.

TUESDAY: Nothing much to say here: played five holes (1, 2, 3, 6, 7) and hit the ball okay, but duffed two chips and three-putted twice for bogey. +7 for those five holes, two doubles.

WEDNESDAY: Yesterday I played one of my favorite courses: Hillandale. Par 71. The tees were moved up, so it probably played under 6300 from the blues (scorecard yardage 6425) and maybe around 5900 from the whites (scorecard yardage 6026). I was hot from the start, going +1 through four, but playing just mediocre golf on the last five holes on the side, save for a brilliant birdie on the tough par-3 seventh, gave me a 40 for the front, which I consider the tougher nine:

I failed to record a par on the back, and with three doubles, I shot 48 on the back for 88. I’ll take it though, having not broken 90 since November. Short game stunk after my hot start, three or four duffed or thinned chips, terrible distance control with wedges, and even two three-putts from below the hole. Despite the fact that I could’ve easily shot 85 or lower, I’m satisfied.

THURSDAY: Now to today. After about 45 minutes of team practice, I played nine holes. Ho-hum start, two bogeys, could’ve gotten up and down on either hole, but I knocked off another birdie on the challenge by hitting a dart on the third hole and converting. Parred four and three-putted again on five for bogey, again from below the hole. I made routine pars on the next three, although I missed a three-foot birdie putt on the sixth after a beautiful wedge.

Going into the last hole, I was +2, meaning a par there, a short par 5, would tie my 9-hole record. I made a bogey, but it was sort of understandable due to a bad break on the second shot when my seemingly perfect layup landed in a divot. I’m super proud of my 39 though, and I finished one behind my buddy Brycen (a 3 hcp) and two behind Jake (a 5 hcp). 

Due to poor weather scheduled for the next week or so, I probably won’t be playing much in that timeframe, but I will start my 2021 season blog soon!

WITB:

Since February 12th, I've shot 79, 79, 84, 87, 79, 78, 75, 89, and yesterday's round of 82.

Yesterdays round of 82, which consisted of a 44, followed by a 38 was crazy. We went to an away course, not my normal home course, and the greens were like glass. I just couldn't get the speed down. I had 4 double bogeys, all due to putting. I had three 4 putt greens. The game came around when I gotr so frustrated that I just looked at the hole while putting. And it worked. Last 6 holes went par, par, double, par, birdie, birdie. I wish I would have changed the putting style sooner.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

102 and no excuses.....Yes the wind was steady to gusting 15-20 mph, the greens were stupid fast and there is still mud in the low lying areas.  Seriously, I thought the day was going to be pretty good as I parred the 1st and then had a wonky drive off two (wound up playing my 2nd from the #8 fairway (which parallels part of the hole), wound up with a quadruple bogie.  Not another par until 13 a par 5.  Best stat of the day -  10 of 14 on fairways hit off the tee.  Putting was better - thanks to better than average chips/pitches that kept me within reason on putting.  Also played with "new to me" irons that I need to change the grips on, they look like they have the original TM grips on them.  Will be interesting to see how they play when the new grips are installed.  Oh well - it was a good day as I got to play in late Feb.     

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Shot 100 yesterday. 

I can tolerate that for now as it's just my second round after an extended layoff. Overall, I feel like I hit a handful of good shots and struggled from some inconsistency and a few bad decisions.

It also didn't help that it was windy all day (about 20mph).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Yesterdays round, back at the home course, was a pair of 38's, for a nice 76.

Front 9, had a bogey, birdie, and 6 pars, going into #9. Put it in the trap, and skulled it out, ending up with a double for the 38.

Back 9 was 4 bogeys, 2 birdies, 3 pars, for the 38.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played Pinehurst #4 today.  Wet fairways, but playable.  39/38, 77.  Struck the ball really well, 12 fairways, 11 GIR’s.  16 putts a side.  No birdies! Had many chances, several inside 8 feet!  I had fun!  My 34th round of the year.  I’m taking tomorrow off!

1st time on a real golf course since December. Didn’t play bad on the front. +3 but fell apart on the back going bogey, bogey, double, bogey to open the back. Wound up shooting +9 79 for the day. Considering my typical opening round of the year I’ll take it. Expected to not be all that bad since I played into December and a couple rounds on the simulator over the off season. I would have been happy shooting 100 to be honest. Just glad to have golf back!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls