IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played 18 yesterday on a beautiful Michigan spring day. I shot a 84 on this course:

6049 yds

Rated: 67.7

Slope: 124

My driving was very good, but my approach shots are suffering, as can be expected this time of year, only 2nd time out. Highlight was on a 512 yd par 5 when I was pin high in two shots in the green side bunker. Nice sand shot to 5 feet but missed the putt for par. The distance aspect was what pleased me.

Edited by Billy Z

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

75 today.

Had to play against the Club Champ in our Monday Morning Match Play. I struggled shooting a 40 on the first 9 against his 37. On the back after bogey on the first hole, I said, this damn ball isn't going in the hole, I'm changing balls. Ended up with a birdie on the second and third hole, and pars on the rest for a 35, He ended up shooting 38 on the last 9 for a 75, so we ended up even, BUT, he had to give me 5 strokes.

It's a team match play event, and my partner was struggling, so we ended up losing the match by 2 points, even though, they had us up by 5 points at the turn.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Probably a little early in the season for back to back rounds. Played Sunday and didn’t intend to blow off work Monday afternoon but my buddy’s grandma just died and he had a bereavement day. Wanted to golf. How could I say no? He was in my wedding and he would have done it for me. I should have said no.... my god did I hack my way around the course. 34 putts. I didn’t make a damn thing. Maybe if I hit 16 greens I could see 34 putts but when you hit 5 that means you couldn’t get one close to the hole or make a damn putt. I really did hit a few good chips from jail but my putter let me down. There really was no part of my golf game that was good. Goes to show how far my game has come over the years tho. My “I got nothing” score is 84. Shot a 77 Sunday with less than my best. Makes me feel better knowing that when I do put it together the score will be really low.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

9 hole superball round with our church men’s team.  Given that it was all good fun, we were an honest -1 for the round.  Love these rounds as it allows you to just play and know that there is no pressure to make “the” shot.  What did I gather from this - all the shots we played from were easily distances I hit which means I could have similar scores going forward.  Was a great day to play.

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Just finished playing :

35-41-76 (+5)

No Birdies, no doubles and a no sixes round. :banana:

• Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Played my first round of the year at the par 72 Turtle Creek G.C. in Limerick, PA yesterday. It was 38 degrees at 8:45 when we teed off but gradually warmed up to the mid-60s by the end of the round. I struggled with my driver, blocking them right consistently but my iron play kept me from blowing up. I've been trying to shallow my swing more to keep from coming over the top and I don't think I hit one iron shot thin or fat the whole round. Putting was ugly but that's usually the last thing to come back after a few months away from the game. I had an uninspiring 46 on the front but managed to right the ship a bit with 4 pars in the last 6 holes (missed two birdies by inches) and coming home with a 41. Felt so good to get out after a brutal winter here. Looking forward to the next round. 

82 today from the back tees. Started out strong. Pars on the first 2 holes, birdies on the next 2. Bogey on the 5th hole, birdie the 6th. then double bogey, bogey, bogey, for a solid 38. Then the wheels came off on the back and shot an ugly 44. No birdies on the back, but did have a few double bogeys.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Well that was an absolute roller coaster of a 9. Might have been the windiest day I've ever played golf in but it turned into my second straight time out playing 9 that I've had 3 holes under par, coming into this year my personal best was 3 holes under par in an 18 hole round. Back 9 still isn't open up at my home course so cant do a full 18 yet which is annoying. Also 2 three putts is pretty disgusting but they were in really tough spots and followed it up with a chip in so the luck evened out. 

image.thumb.png.ffff1eff20dba03615ae17ccbf1d101f.png

Played 5 holes yesterday before rain ruined our round. Some positives to take my short game and putter have been solid. My iron play seems to be the missing link early in the season. 
1. decent drive, solid hybrid layup, missed green from 70 but ball below my feet. Didn’t stay down. Chip wasn’t good but rolled in a 10ft putt for par.

2. Good strike on a 5 iron. Wind must be stronger than we gave credit. I was short left. My buddy didn’t even clear the hazard with his. I’ll take my 4. At least I wasn’t in a hazard and chipping 3 from drop zone.

3. Drive wasn’t hit well but my 3/4 9 iron was. 2 putt par.

4. Drive missed FW right again. Had a hook lie with a left to right wind. Balanced out nicely. Another good 9 iron. 2 putt par.

5. 7 iron was hit well but missed way left. I’m in jail. Short sided. Sloping away. Lay my 56 flat and pick a landing spot short.... I’ll be damned I hit my spot and the ball finished 2 feet from the hole. Pulled a rabbit out of my hat for a save. That’s when the sky opened up. Hard to bitch about 4 pars and a bogey through 5 when I really didn’t have my best. 

Edited by Dunit507
Miskey

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Played a local course that is struggling to stay afloat today.  By that I mean the greens are pretty lumpy, bumpy.  The fairways are somewhat mown - nothing like the carpets played earlier this week.  To be honest I felt more at home on what many would call a cow pasture type course, maybe its because it was like hitting the balls in the backyard - no perfect lies, the greens were unreadable and the bunkers were hard pack at best.  Still - in all that, from the whites, I shot 92 (46/46).  Total of 37 putts on greens that you could not be timid on but had to roll through the lumps and bumps.  Only two holes with more than a 6, both were par5s.  This was a good round on making "effective" course management decisions.  Driver was working but opted for the 3w on longer par4's where I normally go driver.  It was fun as it meant rethinking approach shots.  It did mean I did a fair number of chips onto the green with the 8i or get it up and down with the wedges. 

All in all great day of golf with the son for sure - he shot 94 by the way....

image.thumb.png.43cc9b75b4938c743128c1724c4ba6e2.png

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

A 79 (40-39) today. Just screwing around with the friends, no game, no pressure, just hit the ball, go find it, and hit it again.

I shot 87 today with only 4 GIR (ugh!), 10/14 fairways hit and 34 putts.

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

93... 2 pars all day. Kept trying to get my hands a bit deep and away from me at A3. Two FIRs. Spent the day trying to get outta jail.

If it weren't for my irons and wedge, would have had nothing. 

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

Shot 78 today, beating my personal best (79) by one stroke. Had 17 GIR/nGIR, no penalty strokes, and 26 putts. Had a few wayward tee shots, but recovery shots were really good (and a bit of luck to have a decent line to hit the approach). Very clean ballstriking today, no fat balls, and only two slightly thinned shots, although clubface control needs some fine tuning. One birdie, but it was a repeat hole. Also completed the no-sixes challenge.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Shot an 84, and it was a thing of beauty for the third round of the year.  Rained all night and morning. High was 46. Winds 18-22  frequently gusting to 36. I changed the bag up, taking a low spin driver for into the wind, high spin 3 wood for down wind ( Yes, high spin, downwind a low spin club gets knocked out of the air) Mid spin 5 wood, low spin (SLDR) 3 hybrid. High spin (Cleveland launcher) 4 hybrid. Usual iron suspects, old Mizzy irons and Vokey wedges. And the kid used to wonder why I have and practice with so many different long clubs.... he finally figured out my always telling him to take 2, even 3 more clubs than needed into/across the wind and use a 3/4 swing at most. "Chip" the ball from 165 yards........ Spin is a killer in a cross or into the wind. Its your friend downwind. ( He just started last year, we aren't at the point of holding a fade against the wind, but he can hit the draw)

Late entry: Sunday (now yesterday) I went up to the course around 2:30 pm with the intention of working on my short game. Things were pretty quiet by that time probably due to the temperatures being in the low 90's.

So I popped into the pro shop and asked to get out for 9. I went out on the front by myself and was nestled comfortably as a single behind a 3 ball. I actually prefer this once and awhile because it forces me to take more time for me. I shot 41 with 56% GIR but missed a few fairways and ended up with only 57% FIR. 19 putts due to a single 3 putt on the first hole after reaching in regulation.

I play or practice almost everyday here. So, going from the chipping area right to the first tee wasn't a concern. I was pleased to see that I really don't need to pound dozens of balls on the range with my driver. In the words of Dave Rotella .... "Target, Routine, Acceptance".

Fairways and Greens,

Frank

81 on Saturday. 41-40.

84 on Sunday, 44-40. 4 double bogeys, 5 bogeys, 8 pars, and a chip in birdie on the last hole.

Match Play Monday this morning.