IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

43 (7 over 36). couple pars, couple not pars, one really not not par!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey Β Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 86 on a 6000 yard par 72 yesterday. After a mixed start,Β I'm very happy with the last 10 holes. 3 O.B. tee-shots and a tee-shot that found a bush 3Β yards right of the fairway is responsible for +8 of the score and a couple of bad approach shots on the frontΒ +3-4 more. Hit 2 of the first 6Β and 6 of the last 10 greens and made no 3-putts on very slow and bumpy greens (33 putts total). Hit my short irons really well from the short stuff (hit all the greens from 150 and in from fairway/semi), but struggled a bit from thick rough and with my longer irons.Β 

Finished the round with a nice birdie on 18, a 310 yard dogleg right par 4 playing a little uphill into the wind. Hit my drive well and it ran through the fairway a couple of yards into the left rough, and left me with 50 yards to the pin. Piched a smooth AW to 7 feet an sunk the putt.Β 

Shot of the day came on hole 11, a short, downhill (10 yards), 275 yards par 4 with a false front (uphill the last 30 yards). Hit a perfect 4 wood directly at the flag and itΒ landed 2 yards short of the green (268y),Β jumped aΒ yard back because of very soft conditions and left me with 8 yards left to the pin. Made the up and down for a nice birdie there as well.Β Β Β Β Β 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.Β Β Very happy with the set and the gapping.Β 

Not so good - 103 (48/55).Β  Shot the back nine first and was all over the place.Β  First two holes were triples - may have been the early morning or just one of those days.Β  Funny thing, only par of the day was on 15, a short par 3 that I was fat with the 7i to about 5 yds short of the green.Β  Used the 54 to get it up and down close to the pin for a 1 putt par.Β  Rest of the time it was double/triple bogie.Β  Front nine was more settled as it was bogie on six of the holes with double on the other three.Β Β 

Ping G400 SFT 10degΒ  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Sugar Hill Golf Club - Front Nine

Stupid mistakes cost me on three holes.

I went bogey, triple (8 on a par 5), bogey, double, bogey, bogey, double, bogey, par.Β  On both doubles, I couldn't find my ball and had to take a drop.Β  On the first one, I never heard it hit any trees or anything, but I lost it into the setting sun.Β  I have no doubt that it was somewhere in the deep Bermuda rough along the right side of the fairway, but I never found it.Β  The second was well struck (out of the rough because of a topped 3 hybrid) and based on my aim, it should have been okay, but it was nowhere to be found.Β  The par-five ninth was a series of five almost perfect shots on a difficult, sloping double dogleg hole.

:ping:

• G400 - 9Β° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16Β° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5Β° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff β€’ / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff β€’
  • Glide SS - 54Β° / CFS Wedge β€’ / Glide 2.0 SS - 58Β°/10 / KBS 120S β€’ / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"Β  -Β  :titleist: - Pro V1 / WhiteΒ  -Β  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Shot 79 today, with 14 nGIR/GIR, 32 putts, and 1 penalty stroke. Low event round, nothing awful, and nothing exceptional.

Changes from my last lesson basically took my bad hook misses out of play, which really helped. I felt confident that I could aim and know that if I missed, it would be a playable right miss. I'm still working up to full speed with the change, so hit a little shorter than normal (about 1 club loss of distance) today, but my home course is narrow and position/accuracy are more important than length on most holes. The penalty stroke came on the one hole where a right miss isΒ penal, and my tee shot, which was headed a bit right, took a hard first bounce further right, and rolled into a creek.

Made 4 up/down from nGIR, which was also helpful in scoring, including a nice one on the 18th hole, where I had about a 20 foot putt for par to break 80, and nailed it.

-Peter

• :titleist:Β TSR2
  • :callaway:Β Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg:Β GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon:Β ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:Β  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

In a Chapman style two man scamble (net) me and my partner shot 81 on a tough private course. It was a bit long for us, both seniors, at 6270 yds. Strangely, though, it wasn't as much the distance as our approach shots, even inside 100 yds. For me, I am having issues with distance, not direction, hitting 60 yd lob shots over the green a bit (5 yds into the rough). We did manage to come in 2nd with a Net 75. Beautiful day in michigan for golf!

Thomas Gralinski,Β 2458080

Shot 99 Sunday.  Front 9 was awful with 52.  Back 47.  Birdied a par 5 hole 16.   220 yards uphill through 2 strategically placed trees on fairway.  One of those "I have a window and I'm going for it because today sucks already".   Struck perfect with my 3h, through the gap, pin high on green.   Left 15 foot eagle putt 4 feet short🀦

I’ve played several times in the past week and a half, four rounds to be exact, so here we go!

5/6:Β Decided to play 18 holes after school, and I’m happy I did! My front nine was spectacular: two birdies and two bogeys, the rest pars for an even-par 36. One of the birdiesΒ was on the tough fifth hole after I bombed a drive and hit a wedge to six feet. That beats my personal best nine by two strokes!

I started par-bogey on the back, but went +12 on the last seven holes to shoot 49 on the back for an 85 total. Still a solid number, but it was disappointing after the front.

Β 

5/8:Β I played a handicap match with a buddy at Croasdaile. Because of the tees we were playing and out handicap difference, I got twelve strokes, including nine in a ten-hole stretch.

After five holes of the match, I was six over, and down two. But then started the stretch I mentioned above, and I took advantage, winning five holesΒ to take a one up lead through 13. But then came the turning point of the match. I was sitting two on the par-3 14th about three feet out, and since I was getting a stroke here, I had a great chance to go two up with four to play. But then Zack chipped in, and my par putt, not for just a half, missed. All square with four to play. Because I got a stroke on two of the last four holes, I still had a chance to win. But momentum was with Zack. He went +1 on the last four holes, good enough for a two up win.

My final numbers: 45-45 for a 90 from the blue/white combo tee (6241 yds, 70.8/133). Despite losing the match, I’m pretty happy with the round. Didn’t putt well on Croasdaile’s quick greens, but hit it well for the most part!

Β 

5/11:Β Played the home course again, and because a league was going off the front, IΒ had to start this round on the tougher back nine. I managed three pars on the back nine, including the signature 18th hole, and I shotΒ 45. Given the way I was playing, I figured I could shoot low 40s on the front nine.Β 

I was right. Five pars on this side, and with two doubles as well, I shot 42 to finish with 87. Another solid round withΒ solid putting (only 30 putts!)Β that saw my handicap drop a tenth of a stroke (16.0 to 15.9)!

Β 

5/17:Β In prep for the Durham Amateur tournament at Hillandale, I went to play Hillandale yesterday. From the blue tees.

On the tougher front nine, I shot 44 which included a par on the tough par-3 seventh. Then, because I had only an hour and 20Β minutes until all golfers needed to be off the course,Β I took a cart for the back nine.

Playing kind of fast because I was pressed for time, I actually did okay. Despite playing holes 10-15 in only 45 minutes, I was +7 for the back. Not bad at allΒ because all of the tough holes are in the stretch I’d just finished.

I then went par-bogey,Β meaning a par on the short par-5 18th would bring me in with 88. I proceeded to hit my tee shot into an environmentally protected area, which, lucky me, played as a hazard, so I could just drop. It didn’t help me much though, because I was on in five, and three putted to finish the round with a 47 for the back and a 91 total. Didn’t hit it great, but I putted well again (32 putts here), so that saved me. Short game was also solid!

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

2nd week ina row has to play league night with no partner. This time dudes partying up on vacation in Florida.... another terrible start. Took 3 to get down from the fringe at 10 and double at 11. Settled down solid par at 12 and a 3 putt at 13 followed by a miss green from 60 at 14. Some days you realize that getting off the course without snapping a club is a win. Ended up hitting 5/9 greens. Took 18 putts with a pair of 3 jacks- airated greens didn’t help at all. Worst putting all season! Β There was potential to hit 7/9 greens with the fringe at 10 and a miss from 60 at 14. I make any putts at all and eliminate a bad shot or 2 I’m looking at a 37 as opposed to 41. Getting 3 I’m looking at being under par net.... sure he nice when I have a partner again after 2 weeks of playing on my own!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid,Β Ping 2016 G 4-UW, Β Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree,Β Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree,Β Ping Craz-EΒ Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot 88 on my homecourse yesterday, which is exactly at my HCP (I got 16 shots on this 6300 yards, par 72, ratingΒ 72,7, slopeΒ 147).Β It was a good mix of play: 1 birdie, 7 pars, 4 bogeys, 5 doubles and a tripple. 31 putts is allways good.Β Β 

- The tripple started with a fade into a hazard and continued with a pull into the woods on the opposite side of the fairway.... (2 penalty strokes) Could definitely be avoidedΒ 

- The doubles was a mix of 3 lost balls (two into the woodsΒ never to be found and one into a hazard. Costed 5 shots total), 1 horrible lie in thick rough and 1 missed green followed by a 3-putt. Could all be avoided

I hit 8/13 fairways, which is good for me. Best one was my first shot of the day: A 310 yard drive to the right side of the fairway on a 535 yard par 5.Β 

I hit 6/18 greens which sadly is around what I average on this course. Should have hit more greens with the teeshots I hit yesterday. 5 of the birdieputts I had was between 12' and 20', and I made 1 of them. My short game was very good and made some nice up'n'downs.

Not great, but not bad either. If I leave the complete misshits (3xOBs and 2 hazards) at home I will break 80 with the short game I delivered yesterday, so there's plenty of positives to take from this one.Β Β 

Β 

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.Β Β Very happy with the set and the gapping.Β 

Well, l scored 31 stableFord points, few N/R’s but in my defence, l just got my second COVID jab today and I’m really not feeling great, so I’ll take it haha

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bree1982 said:

Well, l scored 31 stableFord points, few N/R’s but in my defence, l just got my second COVID jab today and I’m really not feeling great, so I’ll take it haha

I didn’t even play or practice the day after my 2nd Moderna shot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Its the Astrazenica jab over here in the UK, feel rough today, but nothink like l did after the 1rst Jab.

However l have a 515pm tee time on Friday and l wanna break 80 lol, if there is a golfing god, pls let it be hahahah

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I went straight from both Pfizer shots to the range and hit lots of balls. The guy who jabbed me said that he was recommending to everyone to use their arm "a lot" after getting the vaccine as in his experience it keeps the arm from becoming sore. It may have beenΒ psychosomatic but my arm wasn't even a little bit sore after either shot. ... that and I got to hit a lot of balls. "But honey, it's doctors orders!"Β 

• Like 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

1 minute ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I went straight from both Pfizer shots to the range and hit lots of balls. The guy who jabbed me said that he was recommending to everyone to use their arm "a lot" after getting the vaccine as in his experience it keeps the arm from becoming sore. It may have beenΒ psychosomatic but my arm wasn't even a little bit sore after either shot. ... that and I got to hit a lot of balls. "But honey, it's doctors orders!"Β 

I practiced the morning of the shot. The next day I felt hungover and tired the whole day. I was fine the day after.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

You can not argue with the Doctor..!

• Funny 2

Finally a round where it looks like I know what I’m doing on the golf course. 73 today. 3 over front and even back. Hit 11 greens. 34 putts is a bit higher than I like to see but recently they punched the greens so they are not in the best conditions. Haven’t been playing too well yet this year so hopefully this is the round that jump starts my season.Β 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid,Β Ping 2016 G 4-UW, Β Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree,Β Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree,Β Ping Craz-EΒ Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Well, since the 12th, I've shot a 76, 74, 76, 81 (Sunday, with the wife), 73, 86, (Back Tees, and game wasn't cooperating), and today a 72.Β  A little ticked after going into the last 2 holes at 1 under. I was really looking at that 71. Par 5, hooked the drive, no problem, have a clear shot, hooked the second shot, right behind a monster oak tree. Ok, I can get over it, but I can't reach the green if I go over it. Chipping, putting well, today, so take the shot. Chip long, and miss the putt coming back. Par the last hole. I guess I can settle for the 72 today.

Game seems to be coming back.

Β 

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro