IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

52 last week on the front 9

51 last night on back 9
In a rut, but hoping it is just from playing in the rain!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went out and teed off about 6:30 in evening to play as many holes as possible. Was even through 11. 2 3 putts were my only 2 bogeys. Hit 9/11 greens. Hi light of my day was a bomb off the tee at 9 leaving myself about 55 yards to the stick and nearly flew it in. Ball mark was literally on the edge of the cup. Tap in 3. Best I played all year despite not really making much in terms of putts.

On another note had been playing a Titleist tru feel for quite a while but also had a dozen pro v that I got for Xmas. Decided to play with a pro v today. Guess I will keep playing them for a while. I am sure that’s not the reason for the good day but no reason not to stay with it after this evening 

Edited by Dunit507

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

I played my second full 18 holes yesterday.  49-48 for a McDavid, as I like to call it.  I've been hitting more draws this year, and I only lost two balls during my round.  Things are looking up. 

After playing most of the winter in my garage sim, I was unimpressed by how crappy my chipping was first time out.  Yesterday was much better.  I even had two or three GIRs, as well as two pars on the front and one on the back.

Although the sample size is small, I've yet to three putt so far this year.  I'm disappointed that my ten footers are coming up an inch or three short, but my reads have been pretty accurate.

Corey

Played a horrible 98 yesterday at my homecourse (shot 83 on Monday). 

Some negatives to take from the round:

- Made my first ever 4 putt. (Hurray!) 

- Managed to hit GIRs on hole 1 and 9 and lipout twice on both holes (both parputts were 180° horseshoes) for 2 nice bogeys.

- Made 3 GIRs on the front: 2 bogeys and a double 🤮

- My standard shotshape is a fade, but today I shot multiple uncontrolled pulls (30-50 yards off line)

- Managed to slice a drive OB more that a 100 yards off line. 

- Lost no more than 5 premium balls

Some positive to take fro mthe round: 

- Managed to pull myself together and string 3 good holes together to finish the round sub 100. 

- Flushed my 7-iron 230 yards to split the fairway from tee on hole 6 (filled with frustration-adrenalin, down wind)  

- After barely getting out of the left greensidebunker, on hole 13, on my 5(!) shot of the hole (a par 4 where my first teeshot was lost). I flopped it directly in the cup from the rough with my sandy 60° in frustration, saving a double bogey. No practice swings of course. Just stepped up to it and swung the club with an open face. 

Funny how you can play so bad and be at such a dark place for almost an entire round, finish with a couple of good shots/holes and think to yourself as you walk to the car: "Phew!" .....and leave with a good feeling.  

Hull 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Out 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 In Totalt  
Par 5 3 4 3 4 4 4 3 5 35 5 3 4 4 5 3 4 4 5 37 72  
Truls Ljådal Utslagssted:     --              Gul              Hvit              Rød           6 5 7 4 6 6 5 3 6 48 7 5 6 6 8 5 4 4 5 50 98  

Fairway LEFT   LEFT   RIGHT HIT RIGHT   HIT 2/6 LEFT   LEFT RIGHT RIGHT   RIGHT HIT LEFT 1/7 3/13  
GIR Y N N N N Y N N Y 3/9 N N N N N N N N Y 1/9 4/18  
Putter 3 2 2 1 2 4 2 1 3 20 2 2 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 14 34
Edited by Troy Ocker

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

94 today (47/47) - That is back to back 94's on the same course.  Looking at the scorecard I see some real positives happening - made 4 GIR's and had 4 nGIR's as well.  Also had 3 pars, 9 bogeys to combat the 4 doubles and two triples.  All while having my grandson and missus with me.  As she noted when I said "Another bogey", this time two years ago you were excited to make a "double" and last year "bogey" was exciting.  Putting was the tough part today as I missed making birdie 4 times with the GIR holes.  Some of that is technique and some of it is the conditions of the greens (which are rapidly improving).  I have commented before that due to the conditions of the greens you almost have to say that making par is like making birdie.  Oh well day is done and time to ride on......

image.thumb.png.7b1480a1c498ef935b7fd973ad1d934d.png

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Sugar Hill Golf Club - Back Nine - 49

All the good from last week was washed away in a sea of double bogeys.  I have a mental block when it comes to the 14th hole.  I piped a five iron to just short of the 150 pole, because after that, the fairways stops and the hole plunges down into a ravine, and then rises back up to the green.  I top my approach shot EVERY time.  It's just mental weakness at this point, and I'm going to have to get over it.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

9 hours ago, bwdial said:

I have a mental block when it comes to the 14th hole. 

Boy, does that sound familiar.   I believe every course has such a nemesis hole, one that if you ever get it wrong the pressure to get it right next time amplifies in your head.  Have several courses that we play that have such a hole.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

76 at the home course today. 57% FIR, 44% GIR and 28 putts.

Lost some momentum at the turn and didn't finish strong. 35 at the turn for 1 under and a sad 41 finishing out.

:titleist:

:tmade:

I played 9 today. Played the backnine started birdie par double double all pars to the end! I mean 3 over on 9 holes isn’t that bad but not like this

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I am a 15 handicap golfer and I shot a 78 today but without a birdie to brag about. It was a perfect day in Michigan for golf, mid-70s with a slight breeze and mostly sunny. I would have to check the high temperature today oh, but maybe I shot the temperature at 78.;-)

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

League night. Still hung over from Memorial Day. Should have stayed home. Could count quality shots for the day on one hand. Luckily I strung a few of them together and birdied 16. Otherwise partner has a sore back.... even with my piss poor 43 gross we still won for the week and are still on top league standings. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Played a good round of golf again on my home course. It didn't start very good though...

Started on hole 10 today: The drive was ok, in the not too thick rough on the right, but the lie was very uphill and the ball far bewlow my feet. I ended up shanking the 2nd shot OB and startet the round with a nice tripple bogey. After that I played 9 really good holes (+1) with 2 nice birdies and a lot of nice shots on and around the greens. On the 7 hole stretch from hole 11-17 I only hit 9 (!) putts. A silly 5 on the easy, short par 3, hole 2, where I duffed my teeshot, landed in a GUR area, made a horrible drop and 2 chipped/2 putted from there, was not good. Also made a not too good 6 on hole 6, a short (360 yards) but narrow par 4, where I had some treetrouble after a slightly pulled 7 iron from tee. I managed to chip out to the center of the fairway around 100 yards left from there, and still managed to end up with a 6. On the final hole, a 500 yards par 5, I managed to slice my teeshot short left in the water, took the penalty, dropped it and flushed a 4  iron from there into the only tree on the right and had to chip it out from there. A pitch to 12 feet from there, but couldn't save the bogey and ended up with a double there as well.  Overall a very solid 83 round, but it could so easily have been sub 80 with a little more focus in a couple of situations.

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

44-45-89

Very frustrating round. I didn't strike it well off the tee but I scrambled very well but then I made almost nothing. I had legit birdie putts on three of the four par fives and only made one. I bogied the last four holes with very good looks at par and lipped three of them out. I had great lines on the longer putts but nothing went in. Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Bill M

Shot 88 last Sunday. Had 12 nGIR/GIR, 31 putts, 2 penalty strokes.

Iffy ball striking, especially off the tee, decent short game and putting. Had a couple disappointing 3-putts from just off the green (technically 2-putts), where I badly misjudged how the fringe would affect speed. Although also holed a 25 foot putt from the fringe as well, so sort of evened out.

Front 9 (42) was pretty good, aside from a triple bogey on #2 after a lost ball (+2) on my approach shot.

Scored poorly on the back 9. Five of my tee shots left me in terrible spots, and in combination with some iffy decision making on recovery shots, this led to sixes on 4/5 of these holes. I did manage to almost save par on one of them.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

a bleeping 50!!!!
topped the ball 4 straight times, missed greens, lost ball, timing off, 4 putted a par 5 (ball kept rolling back from the hole to its original spot, with a horrific, unfair pin placement)

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Haven’t posted here in a while, so I’m gonna catch up on some golf I missed from my past week and a half or so!

May 25: My brother and I decided to play Quaker Creek in Mebane, and we had a super early tee time (7:50 I think). I decided to play the blues (6554), which are one up from the tips there. I shot a solid 43 on the front with four pars, but by the time we got to the 15th hole I was back to playing bogey golf.

The last four holes on the course are a long par 3, two long par 4s and a par 5, in that order. My finish? Par-par-par-birdie, which included a near chip in on 15 and another near hole out for eagle from about 60 yards on the last hole. I finished with a 42 on the back for 85 total. My handicap dropped significantly after this round, from a 15.9 to a 15.2.

May 27: Another ‘Away’ round on the GHIN, as I decided to travel again to play The Neuse in Raleigh. I was gonna play the blues there too, but I was grouped with three others who were playing the whites, so I decided to play the whites as well. I managed a 42 on the front and a 45 on the back for 87.

Another solid round on a completely new course (never heard of it until I made the tee time the night before), but I butchered the par 5s, which were all under 500 yards from the whites, and I played em +6. On two of them, I had a chance to hit the green in two. Both times I had an initial decision to lay up, but pulled out the wood and went for it. Both times it resulted in a poor second shot, leading to disappointing doubles. If I had laid up both times, I probably would’ve walked off with pars and, given how my wedges and short irons were that day, I had a solid chance for birdie. Instead I let my ego get the best of me, and I paid the price.

But it’s a solid round nonetheless, and my handicap dropped again, from 15.2 to 15.0.

June 1: My most recent outing was back at my home course. My brother joined me again, and I played really well on the front and shot 39. Three bogeys, six pars. Then we made the turn. I doubled the tenth after being 80 yards out laying two (par 5), and I began to slip a bit before parring the last three holes to shoot 45 on the back for 84. A new personal record on that course.

Then I looked at GHIN and noticed a nine hole score that was unpaired. It was only 6:00, so back to the front I went, from the blues this time! I sliced my tee shot off the first tee and made double, but another comeback saw me shoot 43. Two doubles, three bogeys, four pars. My handicap dropped even further, from 15.0 to 14.5, and that is where it stands today. 

Looking at my handicap history, I noticed I was at 18.1 at the start of the year, and 16.7 at the end of April. That’s a three and a half stroke improvement this year, and a two stroke improvement in the last month! I wrote in my 2021 goals that I wanted to get to 14.0 and keep it there, and the way I’m playing right now, I think that I’ve got that almost in the bag. I might change that goal, but I’ll see what happens the next few weeks!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Not best round but shot 56 on 9 holes yesterday.  I have a few "Excuses" however.  First, it was a very hard course with a rating of 36.0/140.  Second, it was pouring rain and on the last 4 holes the clubs were slipping in our hands totally messing up shots.  One of my playing partners launched his driver 50 yards down the fairway.  I know the Pros play in rough conditions but I do not compare myself to the pros.  We walked off after 9-holes, just too much rain to continue to enjoy the round.  I did have some great shots including a 250 yard drive that "Missed" the fairway.  It was 1 foot long of the fairway and 2 feet short of the hazard.  In my mind that is every bit as good as hitting a fairway.  I was also unfortunate to end up in several bunkers including a 260 yard drive that landed in a fairway bunker.  I'm blaming that on the Caddy.  He told me to aim at the right bunker and that I could not reach it.  I hit it exactly where he said to aim it, just a little longer than he thought I could do. 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold)