IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 87 on my home course on wednesday. 35 stableford points. Not great but on the plus side, I had 4 birdies which is the most I've ever had in one round so I was happy about that. 3 were on par 4's and 1 on a par 3. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot an 83 today, but couldn't make a putt. I had about 7 putts for birdie and missed every one of them. I just missed an eagle chip in that rolled past 3 ft and missed the putt coming back. A sand shot out of a bunker on a par 5 hit the stick in an eagle attempt and I missed the putt coming back. I'm ready to buy a new putter.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

Played a course with 5 par 5's, 5 par 3's , postage stamp greens and tiny little gaps in overhanging trees through which to hit ones drive. One par 5 featured a 15yd wide window one had to land in after covering 500 yards, to hit a 65 yard wedge to a tiny green tucked in a 90degree dogleg. And it rained half the round, wind blew the other half. I quit keeping score on the back. Place played like a 6400 yard miniature golf course with the windmills replaced by trees. Stupid.......... I will never go back.

29 minutes ago, Esox said:

Played a course with 5 par 5's, 5 par 3's , postage stamp greens and tiny little gaps in overhanging trees through which to hit ones drive. One par 5 featured a 15yd wide window one had to land in after covering 500 yards, to hit a 65 yard wedge to a tiny green tucked in a 90degree dogleg. And it rained half the round, wind blew the other half. I quit keeping score on the back. Place played like a 6400 yard miniature golf course with the windmills replaced by trees. Stupid.......... I will never go back.

save us the same fate, what's the name of the course?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Shot 87, 40/47. Two blowup holes near the end derailed a great round.  One, the par 5 that gets me, I dunked it into the stream that bi-sects the fairway.  Double bogie. The next hole is a par 3. Tee shot into the sand trap, took 3 strokes to get out 😡. The last hole is a par 5 and I ended with a bogey.  Except for that stretch it was a great round.  
i think my nutrition was off so my concentration was diminished.  Gotta experiment with that some more.  

Decided to go out yesterday afternoon as a solo walker.  I expected to join a group but when I arrived there was no one on the first 3 holes so off I went solo.  Eventually caught a guy and his girlfriend (not good and very slow) but they let me through at the turn.

I played brilliantly save for a few shots.  The one fairway I missed was a stroke & distance penalty.  Missed two birdie putts from inside 6 feet.  The 16th & 17th holes have very sloped greens.  While I was on both in regulation, 20 feet away, the result was 3-putt bogeys on each.  Ultimately, I was very happy with my 78 despite the stumbles.  My game has come a long way after being in the dumps for most all of 2021.

p.s. I should mention that I play a blended set of tees at this course to shorten the length to about 6,050 yards.  This is no Oakland Hills.

Edited by bkuehn1952
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brian Kuehn

Shot 86 and didn’t particularly like the round. Lost 3 balls (2x OB 1x water hazard) so that’s probably why I wasn’t really satisfied. A lot of bogeys on the front and then 40 with two doubles and a birdie on the back. 

On the 18th par 5 I drove the ball to a water hazard that was about 290 out that I didn’t think I could reach so after the drop I hit the green and made the put for birdie. So instead of making my first eagle I ended up with a bogey with a penalty stroke. I guess that doesn’t happen too often either, so I got that going for me...

Well after back to back 86s at two different courses.  Followed up past week with a 95, 102, 101.    I was hitting my irons well with the 86s.   Now I'm chunking, or hitting a weak fade coming up 10-20 yards short.   Idk what's going on.  Kind of feels like my weight is hanging back too much and/or my swing feels too steep

87 today at my home course.  Hit 4 GIR:  holes 1, 17, and 18, but only one in between (#8, a 4-wood into the wind to about 15', had a tap-in par on that one).

• Thumbs Up 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Back from a 13 day trip to the north of Norway. I got to play Stjørdal GK twice (a 6050 yards par 71 course, rating 69,9, slope 142) and shot 85 and 77!! (New personal best on a 6k plus course). Salten GK once (a 6020 yards par 71 course, rating 71,0, slope 124) and shot 85. Shot of the day there was definitely the 2nd shot on hole 16, a 550 yards par 5 where I hit a good drive that left me with 260 to the pin, and I hit my 4W to 5 feet from there to set me up for my first eagle of the year. Missed the putt though.... Teed off at 9 PM there and played the round in the midnight sun. Fantastic place! Played 3 rounds at Lofoten Links (a 6050 yards par 71, rating 70,2, slope 130) and shot 88, 84 and 83. It is a ridicilously hard course in the wind and it possibly one of the most beautiful places to play golf in the world. Midnight sun and daylight around the clock in the summer makes it even more special. Very happy with my game on this trip, especially the short game. 5 threeputts in 144 holes on big and slopy greens is fantastic by my standards. 

Back on my homecourse yesterday I played 2 rounds from the yellows (6300 yards, rating 72,7, slope 147) before the bad weather arrives today. Had a decent first round at 87 before I shot a new personal best 80! on the second round. I lost 3 balls (3 doubles) and made 4 birdies on the 80 round. Made a couple of worldie shots as well and played pretty solid a part from the the obvious misshits. Not a single 3-putt in 36 holes.

Highlights from the 80 round:

Hit 4 300+ drives (only one of them in the fairway, but the other three all in the semi close to the fairway).

Hit a 7 iron from a flyer lie over the green from 220 yards on hole 1 after hitting my drive 320 to the semi on the left from tee (up'n'down for birdie from there).

Hit an insane 85 yard shot with my 60° from a downhill lie in the rough over 40 yard high trees to 5 feet after pulling my approach 50 yards right on hole 7 (missed the slopy putt, but still felt good about leaving that hole with a bogey).

Hit a fantastic 8 iron from an uphill flyer lie from 220 yards on hole 10 over 40 yards high trees to the fringe 18 feet from the pin (made the up'n'down for birdie) after hitting my drive 305 yards to the left semi.

Sunk a 25 footer for birdie on hole 13 and left myself a 5 footer for birdie on 15 (which I sunk).

I don't even feel bad after hitting my 4W 10 yards from the middle of the fairway on 18 and ending up with a bogey there, needing par to shoot 79. If I continue to play like this, 79 is not far away.  

A superb day on the course!    

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

Shot 82 yesterday, 14 GIR/nGIR, 29 putts, zero penalty strokes.

Ball striking was pretty good. No exceptional shots, but all my misses were manageable, except one approach that I toed so bad I almost missed the ball completely.

Driver contact was higher on the face the usual, which resulted in some higher and shorter drives. 

After putting in some practice time on chipping and pitching last week, there was a noticeable improvement in my short game.

I had 5 GIR, and each birdie putt was in a makeable range, but none dropped, but made up for it with some 1-putt pars, including a sand save.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Played what I call my other local course today.  94 (46 / 48).  This course is one of the most improved in the area.  Really enjoyed the round.  Takeaways for the day, had pars on two hole on each side, hit 6 of 14 fairways (the balance were no more than two yards off the fairway - feeling good about the big stick), 4 of 18 GIR with another 3 nGIR, total of 40 putts, however I had 4 holes where I 3 putted.  Looking to play there again soon.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Played a strange 85-shots round at my home course yesterday. 1/13 fairways and 4/18 greens (12/18nGIR) was actually flattering with the long game I displayed. An absolute horrorshow of ballstriking. Thinned it, sliced it, shanked it, pulled it and duffed it short, left and right. 

Hull 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Out 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 In Totalt  
Par 5 3 4 3 4 4 4 3 5 35 5 3 4 4 5 3 4 4 5 37 72  
Truls Ljådal Utslagssted:     --              Gul              Hvit              Rød           5 3 5 4 4 4 5 4 5 39 8 5 4 4 5 3 5 6 6 46 85

Fairway RIGHT   LEFT   RIGHT LEFT RIGHT   HIT 1/6 LEFT   RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT   RIGHT LEFT RIGHT 0/7 1/13  
GIR Y Y N N Y N N N Y 4/9 N N N N N N N N N 0/9 4/18  
Putts 2 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 2 14 2 2 1 1 1 1 2 1 2 13 27  

Upside: From 50 yards and in was excellent and I made 9 up'n'downs from 50 yards and in and no 3-putts. I haven't hit a single 3-putt on my homecourse in the last 5 rounds. My long game can't possibly get any worse and I still shot 85 and 36 stableford points. 

Edited by Troy Ocker

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

9 hole Best-ball round with our church men's group (mostly retirees who are not serious about golf in terms of who is better), so this was a "What'd We Shoot Today" score of even par.  Anyway the team I was on ranged in age literally from 5 to 85 (well maybe 82, but 85 rounds out better).  This included my grandson, his first time dealing with best ball format.  All contributed shots that we played from, which was good.  For me it was the opposite of yesterday's round - big stick was inconsistent and putting was all near misses, iron play was typical for me.  Did manage to stick some good approaches on the green.  Now to have such a round without the help from my friends from 5 to 85.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

One of my better rounds, not great but better.  Shot 47 on 9 holes.  Putting saved me.  I  missed 7 of 7 fairways, had 3 GIR and 0 nGIR. Put 2 approach shots in hazards. One Tee shot could not be found so Stroke & distance (really felt I should have found that shot 🤬).
All things considered not bad for me.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Last evening played on a 9 hole league. Short, fairly easy course. Drove wildly, putted poorly. Still shot a 41. It helps when your drive can be in the adjacent fairway and you can still reach in regulation with a 9 iron or wedge.......