IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 83 today at Mesa Linda, which may become my home course soon.  No birdies;  a double at #1 and a triple at #18, with par-or-bogey for the other 16.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Missed my league night on vacation in Virginia Beach last week. Hadn’t played in 2 weeks. Decided to go early and do extra short game work prior to my tee time. I expected to be a little bit off and need my short game. It paid off. I didn’t hit the ball well at all but managed to post a solid score. Right out of the gate I pulled a 9 iron left at 1. Ball on heavy rough, with a green sloping away. Chipped to one foot to save par. Bogey at 2 missed a short save. At 3 I got up and down again. Caught a flyer at 4 and missed a little deep. Made bogey. Up and down at 5. Bogey at 6. Then got hot. Stuck a wedge to 8 feet at 7 and lipped out the putt. Wedge to 6 feet at 8 made birdie. Stuck another wedge to 5 feet at 9 for birdie. Closing birdie birdie got me to +1 for the side. -2 net. Not bad considering I only hit 3 greens in regulation. 13 putts for the side is good for the score card.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Par 73 rated 70.7/120, 6425 yards.  Shot a 102.  Back was a little tight which i believe caused me to turn the ball right to left more than normal which contributed to at least 2 of my 4 penalty strokes with driver.  Also led to a bunch of missed greens on the left.  When driver cooperated, i hit some good ones. Putting was ok as i drained a 25 footer...for an 8.🥴

Screenshot_20210804-165918.png

Edited by RFKFREAK

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Shot 49 yesterday.  Not great but better than I have been doing for a while.  Only took 1 drop.  Where my league plays there is no range to warm up and I guess I was just not ready for that 1st tee shot and hit a line drive into the crap on the opening Par-3.  At least I was able to take my drop, get on the green and 1 putt for bogey.  Putting was a little off with 18 total putts.  I checked and I lost 1.89 strokes putting vs Scratch due primarily to a 3-putt from 6' and a 3-putt from 12'.  I also had a 3-putt from 30' but that does not bother me as much (but it does bother me).  I was thrilled to have 3 1-putts from 1', 15' and 34'.   I do not know how to calculate strokes gained off tee or on approach but I was happy with 1 GIR and 3nGIR.  If anyone has a way, without Game Golf, to get those stats I would appreciate it.  I'm know I am losing strokes on both, just not sure how many on which.  I was in 2 greenside bunkers and one was an awful lie next to the edge.  That was on a Par-5 and I was in the bunker on my 3rd shot but the lie was so bad I could not get under the ball and bladed it all the way to the rough on the far front side of the green  (of course the Pin was in the back) requiring me to chip on for 5 (a bad chip at that) then I 2-putted from 27' for double bogey.

10 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

i drained a 25 footer...for an 8.🥴

I feel your pain, we've all been there.  How about a 3-putt for bogey?  Yup, I did that yesterday.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

5 hours ago, StuM said:

I feel your pain, we've all been there.  How about a 3-putt for bogey?  Yup, I did that yesterday.

I would have preferred that - haha.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

18 hours ago, StuM said:

Reminder:  if you thought you were going to get a birdie, and end up with bogey, it's called a Maltese Falcon.  Inform your playing partners next time you witness one :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

48 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Reminder:  if you thought you were going to get a birdie, and end up with bogey, it's called a Maltese Falcon.  Inform your playing partners next time you witness one :-)  

Nice to know, fyi...The first putt was from @ 30' so I did not expect to sink it, but leaving it 10' short was not what I had envisioned either.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Almost played well today. Hit snaphooks off the tee on the finishing holes on both sides. On 9, hit a snap hook onto the 10th tee box. On 18 hit a snaphook OB, had to take the dreaded 3 from the tee. 

1505447621_2021-08-05score.thumb.jpg.3a20324c30dbc60fd962b9ce9b4c44d9.jpg

I should mention the greens were freshly sanded this morning. I was the first to play on many of them. You could see neat little sand trails everywhere I putted. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Second venture into the 80's today - with an 88 (45 front/ 43 back - par 71 course).   Had three double bogies and four pars, with all the rest being bogies.  This was the most consistent round I have played.  The course was wet from about 5" of rain the past few days, with the front night open to carts on fairways and the back cart path only.   This meant low to no roll-out on tee and approach shots.  Played one club longer when possible to have carry cover roll-out.  Putting was best ever with a total of 32 putts.  Course stats are pretty much what I have been having of late.  Biggest takeaway from the day, thinking through the "next" shot made the current shot much easier.  

image.thumb.png.548bb6d2c18de51999ad964e029a098d.png

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Pretty impressive round today though we had to take given putts.  They were sanding and working on the greens and fringe.  Aerating and sand filling meant you had no idea how to putt.  We figured inside 5 feet was about 1 putt and over that was 2 putt.

Started with 6 pars in a row, with most of them GIR.  One or two were up and down from nGIR where i chipped it to tap in distance.  Then double on a par 3 where I put the ball in the water. Then par, bogey, par x 4, bogey, par, double on the same par 3 with water again, bogey and par.

This is a 9 hole course with different tee boxes and double greens with two flags.

• Informative 1

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Shot a nice 83 today at Hillandale from the blues. After starting double-triple, I scrambled my butt off to turn in 43, then shot 40 on the back with a two-putt birdie on the par-5 18th.

After the first two holes, my short game was the best it’s been in a long time. Ballstriking steadily improved too, but it really took a turn for the better once I made the turn. Glad I stayed with it today after a rough start!

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Played a par 3 course on Lake St Clair. Fairly breezy, but that is no excuse for what happened. Played the front in 3 over, which wasn't bad given the horrid condition of the greens. The back, well...... 7 over. For some reason I started missing greens and wasn't getting up and down.

Hello, shot 158 but it was my second ever round (and first over 18 holes). Par 72, CR 71.8, Slope 136. Ended tired but not too discouraged. Driving better than expected, approaches, chipping much worse, lost 8 balls (4 on one hole having to play over a hazard!) …. Had fun though. Played alone as was too nervous and self conscious to join a flight/group. Have just joined a club (as my son has joined to learn to play in the junior section) so hopefully I will improve soon! Great views even if my score was painful!761669AF-C38D-4F50-9162-918C7B2EB4AD.thumb.jpeg.81f3b1b26d7d5069dc5f090c5faeda44.jpegCCBC5B2E-1B5A-4BD9-8CB3-5BF519F54C85.thumb.jpeg.517b4dd8e8d82a9d07dcc0f53c8040c3.jpeg

• Like 1

Whoo hoo - 2nd round in a row in the 80's!    Scored 87 today (43 front, 44 back) in rainy conditions from the gold tees (5518yds) (course was open to carts on fairways, but after the 3rd hole, it was rainy enough that I stuck to cart paths only).  It was a die-hard day as I along with 4 others are all who were on the course.  The score would have been 83 with the exception of two tee shots on the back nine.  The first being the par 3 13th where the first tee shot that was 2 yards short of clearing the pond that guards the right side and 2/3 of the front of the green.  2nd tee shot landed perfectly just off the left side of the green between the green and the bunker.  Easy chip with the 8 and single putt for what should have been par but I pulled it so it was a dbl bogie 5.  The other was the last tee shot on the 18th where another pond runs down the right side from tee boxes to about 120 yds out and then it connects via a culvert to the other pond that protects the green.  As one who fade/pushes the ball when I try to kill it, I knew this was goin to be close to the water's edge.  Not close enough as the ball was about 4 feet into the pond at splashdown.   Therefore a second tee shot that was just right of center of fairway that led to triple 7 instead of what should have been a bogie 5.  I know you can't discount the penalties but the fact that my score without penalty strokes was 83 made me realize that parts and pieces are starting to come together.  Stats from the round  - one triple bogie, two doubles and six pars.  9 of 14 fairways hit, but there was definitely no roll happening in the rain today.  Only 3 GIR but there were 6 nGIR to go along with that.  A lot of chips with the 8i today, feeling confident with that club to look at where I want it to land and roll out.  Also the putter was consistent, the four one putts countered the lone 3 putt.  Good day, even if I was soaked to the skin from the rain after playing.    

image.thumb.png.c0815856b5f81f9b02ad6fa39ac6e16b.png

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Shot my best 18 hole round in a very long time.  Shot 96, and that was with taking a 7 on a Par 3 (OUCH!) and a 9 on a Par 5.   Got 7 pars and was so close to a birdie.  Took only 1 drop and that was when the ball was @ 1 foot into the woods but no way to hit it out.

Stuart M.

79, 38/41.  Two blowup holes and needed to par the last three holes to break 80.

Driver was on the money today. Hit 12/13 fairways.  Approaches were on or just on the fringe.  Putter was on fire.  It needed to be since my approaches were not close.  Only 1 3-putt. 
Two birdies on the par 3’s. The shot was so close the ball should have just gone in. 
One of those magical days.  

Played the course I used to be a member at. Ended up having to rain check 9. They had an outing and let groups out too soon. We were on the fairway at 11. Group on green at 11. 3 groups waiting on 12’s tee. Really ruined what was an enjoyable day otherwise. 7 pars, a bogey, a birdie and 2 doubles. +4 through 11. Made 2 putts over 25 feet. Wasn’t hitting the ball great but would have probably managed to shoot mid-high 70’s.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

86 today, 14 GIR/nGIR, 33 putts, 3 penalty strokes.

Fog was much heavier today than typical Bay Area summer mornings and visibility was almost nil. So I spent the first 14 holes playing with a 3/4 swing to control the start line as much as possible, because any ball not in the fairway or nearby rough was almost impossible to find.

Usually I score better with as many GIR/nGIR as I had today, but after a solid 41 on the front, penalty strokes resulted in 2 doubles and a triple on the back, and a 45.

I did have a nice tap-in birdie on 18 to finish with a nice feeling. 

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1