IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Take of two different halves at RiverBend CC (69.1 / 122) today from the whites (49 front, 43 back for a 92). No penalty shots on either side, pretty much a first.  Front nine was all over the place, just no rhythm.  Three holes with 3 putts where I was laying 3 or 4 onto the green.  Back nine started with par on # 10 and was bogie, bogie, par thru 13. Doubled on 14 after a great tee shot. Parred 15, bogies 16 & 17, with a double on 18.  We did have a 30 min heavy rain delay between 15 & 16.  Made the last 3 holes cart path only.  Overall, a much better day compared to the previous two rounds which were trip digit scores.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played a solid round today at home. 5 bogeys with 3 birdies. 10 greens and 28 putts. One over each side for a 72. Hi light of day would be on 5 playing through a 4 some on a par 3. Landed a 7 iron a foot from the hole. Dropped the putt. Always feel good when you play through and look like a golfer. Couple shots I want back but I’ll take the round today!

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

One of the more frustrating finishes I've ever had. New course and very tricky played longer than 6500 a lot of doglegs requiring long irons off the tee and 8-6 irons in on par 4s while only 1 of the par 5s is really reachable. I was playing well for a while and I had probably my best short game day ever set my personal best in putts (helped by the fact I only hit 4 greens) but was right next to the green and chipped it to a foot or two virtually every time. I was just 2 over through 13 then couldn't keep the ball on the planet lost drives on 3 of the last 4 holes and pulled 2 approach shots into the water as well. Shot 10 over with 6 of those strokes from lost balls. 

image.thumb.png.b3ef9a479e7402ade559783d5dd7be16.png

Had a strange day at a local 9 hole course, Bamble GK (par 34, 2400 yards), on Sunday: 

Round 1: +1, 35 strokes, 3/6 FW, 7/9 greens, 16 putts (2 threeputts) 1 lost ball, 3 bogeys and 2 birdies. Played solid golf pretty much on every hole except hole 9 where I sliced my teeshot in the hazard. The putter was icecold though and prevented an even better score. 

Round 2: +13, 47 strokes, 2/6 FW, 2/9 greens, 17 putts (no threeputts), 2 tripples, 3 doubles and 6!! lost balls. Could hit get a ball in play off the tee, didn't sink a single putt outside of 3 feet. A horrible round from Start to finish. 

Round 3: +1, 35 strokes, 4/6 FW, 4/9 greens, 11!! putts, 1 lost ball, 3 bogeys and 2 birdies. Not perfect from tee to green, but solid. Shortgame was fantastic. 

I really can't understand how these three rounds were played by the same guy on the same day. Some serious Jekyll and Hyde stuff going on here....    

Edited by Troy Ocker

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

90. I broke 90 a few years ago. I haven't seen it since. I thought it might have to do with my attitude, giving up and going for bogeys and not for pars. So this round I kept the heat on for pars on every hole. Yes I got bogeys. I had a shot at 87, but I got unlucky on the 7th hole. My shot cleared the bunker and ricocheted off a rake up, back and fell into the bunker into what turned out to be the worst lie I'd ever seen.

I had successfully extracted from three other bunkers on the 3rd, 5th, and 6th holes. The 3rd hole ended with a par. The 5th a bogey, and the 6th with a par. So my bunker game isn't bad. I'm getting the ball reasonably close. 7th hole... in the bunker and short sided. So I made the attempt and the club went right under the ball and the ball didn't move. Next attempt, a little less open on the club face. The club went under the ball and the ball moved about two feet and rolled into a different spot. Thank God. Third attempt, Out and about 10' away. Ended up with a triple.

So this lit a fire for the 8th hole... I hit my best drive of the day, but was on a sidehill lie about 110 yds from the green. I played the shot perfectly and my ball put a crater in the green 6' from the hole. One putt. Birdie.

32 putts on the day. One three putt. Yes, I made some bad shots that were more likely the cause of not breaking 90, but I know if I'd gotten out in 1 and even bogeyed that hole it could have been 88 for the day. Still 44 on the front 9 with a triple wasn't bad. There was that 46 on the back 9 though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

88, 45/43. Finally broke 90 on this course, Suffolk Golf Course. 
Driver is working ok.  Approach shots just not getting on the greens.  

76 on #4, 40 on the front 9. Little distracted by the impending weather which hit us on the 16 hole. Shot even on the back 1 birdie, one bogey.  This was round 159 for the year.

I was reviewing my last 50 rounds, 48 / 50 were in the 70’s, including 18 in a row. Low of 71, high of 79.

All my prep for the Club Championship was for not, will miss it unfortunately.

This is a combined score with my last 2 league rounds. The ridiculous 9 last week I followed up with shooting my best score ever on the back by 2 strokes last night. So combined for a 5 under 66 took a bad bogie on 18 to miss shooting under par on the back (they have the 9s reversed on the scorecard). This dropped my handicap 2 strokes which I was surprised a single round could do. You may notice the eagle there that post is going over in the best shot of the week thread and if there was a best shot of my life thread it would be going in there.

image.thumb.png.c5204a779166ca9826ae4b81e01ddb0b.png

image.thumb.png.4a562dd95c62ddd7742949ea40837db5.png

• Like 3

77 (7.2 differential) on a 6,000 yard par 70.  I was erratic except around and on the greens.  Two birdies and several very good up & downs for par.  The rough was tough.  Not long but it was dense and the ball settles down.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

93 at Minnesott (69.2/119 from the whites just over 6,000yds) today.  The split was 44 front / 49 back.  Hit 8 of 14 fairways so I was happy with the drivers though I was off in distance some.  GIR as a dismal 1 while I had 4 nGIR's.  Struggled with the back nine with several doubles and triple for good measure.  Heat was oppressive before the 40 minute rain storm delay.  Not a single penalty stroke today, which is a major milestone (even kept the same two balls in rotation the entire round - another rarity).  I stuck to the pre-shot routine I've been working on this week at home during backyard workouts.  This new routine really stepped up the confidence factor on the shots, enough that I went greens hunting today.  Enough so that I was consistently in the short grass from tee to green.     

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

I got in nine holes at Croasdaile with a buddy yesterday before weather halted play. I managed a 44 and hit the ball well, but I could not buy a putt. Two putts hung on the lip, one missed 18-inch putt and one that did a full revolution around the cup and popped out.

Paired with an earlier nine hole round, that brings my handicap down a few more notches to 12.6. Hopefully I can get in one more round before school starts on Tuesday.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Celebrating another round of breaking 90 (although barely at 89) at Riverbend CC today, playing from the whites, just over 6,100yds (69.1 / 122) with a 44 on the front and 45 on the back.  Was 6/14 on Fairways hit, only 3 GIR but another 4 nGIR which were simple chips w/the 8i or 58 or 54 wedge depending on the lie.  Greens on the course while improving are not easy to putt out.  You have to be really confident on in the stroke as timidity will leave you way short or worse.  Had two great looks at birdie - 9 (par 3), tee shot left me about 6 feet from the hole however the "rough" nature of the greens, more on that later caused the ball to just deflect right to lip out.   The other birdie look on 17 (par 4) had me about 5 feet after the 2nd shot.  This one did not have as much trash grass to deal with but it did just enough to cause it to catch the right lip at bout 3'oclock and went counter clockwise to about 9 o'clock where it slowed.  My thought - its gonna just hang there, when it took a solid plop to the bottom of the cup for birdie!  I was stoked!  Speaking of putts - total of 36 putts - 16 holes w/2 putts only, 1 hole w/1 putt and 1 hole w/3 putt.   Two of the holes have the greens under full repair/restoration so the green was a cut down area of the fairway.  Big takeaway today, gaining confidence in the approach shots.  Seeing more opportunities for GIR and if the tee is played short, then settling in to make the 2nd long enough for the the 3rd to get on the green if a longish 4.  Par 5's (the course only has 3)  - were two of the 3 nGIR (both were misses wide of the green, long enough just not accurate enough).   Good day for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Yesterday was my on my second time out in three months with little practice so I was definitely rusty.

Front: 48 with 2/6 Fairways, 3 greens, 2 three-putts

Back: 38 with 5/7 Fairways, 6 greens, one three-putt.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Shot a 9 over 80 on my home course for my new PB. It’s a 71.4/125 rated course so it was a 7.8 differential so my handicap will be down to 12.0 in the morning. I was so close to breaking 80 which was one of my goals for the year. Getting there 👊

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Tidy little 72 this morning. Played #1 as all the other courses are tied up with inside and outside events. Started off well, 1 over thru 6 a few bogeys the a birdie for a 36 on the front, 2 over at that point. Back nine started with 2 pars followed by 2 bogeys, the birdied three of the last 5 with an even back nine par of 36.  #1 is a par 70 course, plays at just under 6100 yards.  10 fairways, 11 GIR’s and 31 putts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shot 81 (38/43) this morning, 14 GIR/nGIR, 34 putts, and 3 penalty strokes.

Did my best to swing freely without any technical thoughts, and it worked well. Full swing felt unencumbered and I made good contact with the ball for most of my swings, although start line and curve were not perfect. Short game was sharp enough. Putting was good, but I had a frustrating 3-putt par bogey on the front 9, and another 3-putt par on the back-9. Had some good birdie chances from inside 10 feet that I didn't convert, but I did make two birdies in the round.

The front 9 was going great, until I smoked an adrenaline-fueled tee shot about 30 yards deep into a penalty area (right after sinking a really nice birdie putt after getting out of an impossible lie in a bunker). I did find my ball, but it was not in any position to make a stroke to get back in play, so I ended up taking a drop. Still ended up with a 38 on the front.

Back 9 started well with a par on the difficult-for-me 10th, but followed with a double bogey after chunking my tee shot and only advancing it to the front tee box (ended up with a double bogey). The 2 penalty strokes on the back 9 came on the 14th and torpedoed the good round. Blocked my tee shot into the trees on the right. Took a drop, and feeling somewhat irritated, rushed my alignment and blocked my approach into the trees again, and had to take a second drop. Finished with a triple bogey 7. The rest of the round was uneventful pars and bogeys to wrap up with a 43 and an 81 total.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Shot a 2 over 9 this evening. Opened up 5/5 in greens and 5 pars. Bogey at 6. Bird at 7. Made an awful double at 8 and hand only 45 yards to the green which made that worse.... up and down at 9 for a par and a 2 over side. Meeting a friend at his home course Wednesday afternoon and wanted to get some on course action before making that trip. If my putter stays hot I should be able to post a nice number. Made it through 9 today with just 14 putts. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls