IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

86 from the back tees at my home course (only 6300 yard). The highlight was an uphill (can't see the surface but can see the pin) shot from 115 yards out, into the wind, pin in the back. Hit my 7 iron (normally my 130-135 club), and hit it well. I mention that it was my best iron shot of my day. Get up to the green and no ball, so I pull my putter and 52 degree out of my bag, but when I get halfway across the green I decide I should check the hole first. Turns out it was the best shot of my life, because sure enough it was in the hole. It was a birdie, not eagle, because I duffed my drive, but man I'm on cloud nine.

Good for you, brother.

That's always a great feeling. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Good for you, brother.

That's always a great feeling. 

by far my farthest hole out....the second farthest came at the NY/PA weekend, from 40 yards for par on a par 3....embarrassing.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Had a good front side, but the back side I made too many dumb errors that resulted in the bogey train.  79.

IMG_0382.JPG

7 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

86 from the back tees at my home course (only 6300 yard). The highlight was an uphill (can't see the surface but can see the pin) shot from 115 yards out, into the wind, pin in the back. Hit my 7 iron (normally my 130-135 club), and hit it well. I mention that it was my best iron shot of my day. Get up to the green and no ball, so I pull my putter and 52 degree out of my bag, but when I get halfway across the green I decide I should check the hole first. Turns out it was the best shot of my life, because sure enough it was in the hole. It was a birdie, not eagle, because I duffed my drive, but man I'm on cloud nine.

Congrats on the hole-out birdie!  Have yet to add that to my list of accomplishments.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

11 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

by far my farthest hole out....the second farthest came at the NY/PA weekend, from 40 yards for par on a par 3....embarrassing.

Awesome. It's a par on the scorecard though. 

That was a fun meet up.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Awesome. It's a par on the scorecard though. 

That was a fun meet up.

True. It was a net birdie as well, winning me a net skin, so there is that as well.

Edited by Bonvivant
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

79 today, 17 GIR/nGIR, 30 putts, 1 penalty stroke.

The penalty stroke came on a wayward drive on the par-5 8th hole, but still managed to get in for a 6 with a nice pitch from just off the green.

Broke 80 with a tap in birdie the 18th, nice way to wrap up a good round.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

92. A sloppy round.  Normally on a new course I play the senior tees but yesteday I played the whites.  Got not 1 GIR.  Putting was spotty too. Driver is still good but my irons are way short.  Need to work on that.  

Played just the front nine today as I wanted to walk instead of riding with a minimal for me club set (3w, 4h, 5-7-9irons, 50, 54, 58 wedges and  putter).  In review of the scoring, as I manually and electronically track clubs, I could have left the 58 home as well as I did not use it the entire round.  In fact I could have just kept the 54 and dropped the 50 as well as there was no shot that with the 50 that I could have not used the 9i or the 54 to play.  I played up one set of tees (the reds here (just over 2,600 yds) as opposed to what I play the golds (just over 2,800yds )or if I am feeling it, the whites (just under 3,200yds).  I stay on the golds for the par 3's as I normally use irons in on them. 

Started off bogie, then birdie on the first par 5.  Par, bogie, par on the next three par 4's,  Par on the first par 3, Bogie on 7 finished with pars on 8 and 9 (another 3 I played from the golds).  Overall a personal best for nine holes with a 39.  Just 3 over par.  No penalty strokes as well.  It was a good to challenge myself to not only use fewer clubs but to really think about the next shot(s) that have to happen, which walking seems to inspire more of that type of thought process. Good round of 9 holes of golf.  

Edited by WillieT
grammar edit

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Shot 46 but it easily could have been better.  I had 3 nGIR but no GIR.  Per GG my short game was real good but my approach shots stunk.  Driving was also an issue with only 1 fairway and 2 mishits of which one only went 12 feet (OUCH!) and led to a triple bogey.  I felt I putted well but when I calculated my SG Putting I actually lost 3.3 strokes vs Scratch.  I had 17 putts but upon closer review my proximity to the hole was pretty good so I should have had fewer putts.  I 3-putted twice (56 & 12 feet) and 1-Putted three times (all 3 feet or less) The other 4 holes were between 5 & 10 feet and 2-putted each of them.  The 3-putt from 12 feet really hurt. 

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

92 today (45 front / 47 back).  We played the back nine first as there was a small group just starting on the front and the course supt. said to play the back first as rain was coming in.  Actually it came in about when we were to tee off and so we had a half hour delay in our start.  Stats for the day are what I have been putting up pretty much of late 8/14 fairways hit (the 6 misses were just off the fairway - maybe a couple yards off at most) - felt good about driving overall.  Only 2 GIR and several nGIR, was heavy on a number of approaches that left me short.  Putting was off today with a number of 3 putts.  Seeing a steady improvement in shot accuracy and overall distance.  These improvements have me looking to see more rounds in the 80's.  Favorite hole of the day was #12, relatively short par 4 that left me about 145 to the middle of the green after the drive.  This is a medium 6i for my current game (can recall when I would be struggling with a hybrid to get there at that yardage).  Made solid contact and watched the ball land mid-green and then hop, skip, roll off the back about 2yds.  8i chip got the ball back on, but not good enough to par out but rather a bogie.  That is when I started thinking, I should have swung the 7i.  Love having that kind of confidence.    

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

I shot a 78 yesterday in the gents competition. I played a horrible second 9. I started the round par, birdie, birdie, birdie. Followed it up with a double on 5. Turn at level par. My second birdie was on a short par 3 150 yards to the pin who was stuck behind a huge bunker. I thinned my 9I slightly and didn’t make the carry to the green so ended up in the bunker, took my lob wedge and hit a great shot it slam dunked the cup but came out again hit the green ones and spinned back in hole. First birdie was on a par 5 witch i reached in 2 and 2 putted. Third birdie a 400 yard par 4 hit 3 wood - 9 iron to about 6 feet and holed the put

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I played Carrington Golf Club in Monroe, MI.  I shot a 82.  Best round of the year, includes 1 birdie.  I'm so happy about the round; yes there are shots I missed, but on the whole, it was good, especially for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Played a course that I haven't played for at least a year.  It has huge greens that were rolling fast and well.  Played from tees that are a bit longer than I typically play from on my home course.  Shot an 80 and am not unhappy with it.  I did struggle with a wet sand trap that resulted with my only double bogey, but answered it on the next hole with a nice birdie on a par 3.

Shot 9 under. But it was a Texas scramble. I did actually hit the ball fairly well, and was able to compensate for being exactly between clubs a number of times by working the ball either way.  These T300s are growing on me the more I play them. At first I thought they were one trick ponies, high and straight everything. 

Edited by Esox

I shot 99 at my "home" course last week in a disastrous and utterly forgettable round, due in part to not practicing or playing for two weeks. Today I played the same course and shot 85 with six pars and two birdies. I had the best putting day I've had in a long time - hit all my lag putts inside of 4' and made them all from there. Also holed three putts in the 10-20' range.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Shot 52 on a late afternoon Nine.  Was hitting the ball longer than normal which hurt on a few holes.  One hole I hit my Sand Wedge 124 yards according to GG and on another I hit my Pitching Wedge 148.  There was not much wind and these were not shots I bladed, they were real nice contact and just longer than normal.  My S is normally my 100 yard club and my P is my 130 so these are really outside the norm.  Of course, that meant each shot went over the green.    

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

Shot 83 at Quail Brook today for a 9.4 differential. Had another good putting day, but not as hot as yesterday - longest putt I holed today was 8'. Short game was pretty good, too. I got up and down five times: twice to save par and once for birdie. I hit the probably the longest drive I've ever hit in my life off the tee on #12, about 365 yards. This was a pretty good weekend of golf for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread