IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Managed to fit in 18 today.  Glorious conditions - not exactly warm, but not bitterly cold either, and the wind has finally dropped after what feels like a couple of weeks.  I didn't have to wear so many layers (really felt bulky last time), and my hands weren't painfully cold!

Real mixture today.  Putting was good again - averaged 1.9 putts a hole.  Practice really feels like it's paying off, and my confidence when facing eg 4-8 foot putts is much higher than before.  Had a few blow-up holes, and more than I'm happy with duff shots, but equally some really good holes, and some excellent shots, and intelligent course management (at times).

Ended up on 106, but again, felt like I wouldn't be far from shaving off those half dozen to reach the magic 100.

• Like 1

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 81 today with 14 nGIR/GIR.

Shotscope watch took a dump mid-round so no stats. Had a streak of 3 birdies in a row on the front, and added a 4th birdie on the back, but it was a temporary green about 120 yards short of the actual green, so I don't feel like it is a real birdie.

Drove the ball well, even a couple that I necked went pretty far and stayed in the fairway. Approaches were decent, misses were leaking right. Short game was good enough, and putting was solid. If I had to guess, against my goal handicap I think I gained strokes off the tee, lost strokes approach, even around the green, and gained strokes putting.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

82; (diff: 11.2)

FW: 9/14 

Greens: 8/18

putts: 33 (5 one-putts and 2 three-putts). I think three of the one-putts were chips to 1-3ft so not too impressive.   SGP: 1.99

not bad for first round in a couple of months. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

I don't know what I shot yesterday. It was so bad that I stopped keeping score.

There were some extenuating circumstances. I just took a first-of-season lesson a couple of days ago and am trying to tweak my swing path so I was just there to hit at the range. There were a couple of guys who wanted another player to help with the pace of play because twosomes are no fun surrounded by foursomes, so I decided to join them. Big mistake. Plus it was around 39-40 degrees with a steady 15 MPH wind with gusts up to 30 MPH, and that made it feel like 30 degrees. They were a couple of nice guys who are very good players and I felt sorry for them to have to watch my nightmare round. I am not going back on the course until I get some more range time. 

Bill M

Pretty solid round from both me and my brother today at Chapel Ridge, final scores below. I played the blues (71.6/128) and my brother played the whites (70.2/124). It was a lot drier than I anticipated due to the heavy amount of rain we got yesterday, but it was still cart path only.

Anyway, some highlights/lowlights of the day:

•On both par 3s on the front I hooked a 7I out of play. But I recovered well both times.

•10th hole, threw a dart on my approach to about seven feet.

•12th hole, had to hit a flop over a rock formation. That was a fun shot.

•16th hole, I hit what may have been my best shot of the day, a 6I from about 180 with the ball above my feet, to about 25 feet. 

You can see I had a rough stretch of holes on the front, but I’m glad I was able to regroup and finish strong on the back. First match is Wednesday, and I’m planning on a blog post tomorrow to catch up!

60265CD0-BB51-4234-9C89-2F3F1A9EBBC8.thumb.jpeg.240ed80728fe3f37192a25fa6c6ebcc4.jpeg

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Not played for over three weeks and got my golf clubs back yesterday.  Decided to put in a round today.  Not great with some inconsistency but OK overall.  Need to put in another practice round on Thursday before the tournament on Sunday.

bogey x 3, double, bogey x 3, par, double, bogey, par x 3, bogey, par, birdie, bogey x 2

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Just now, pganapathy said:

Not played for over three weeks and got my golf clubs back yesterday.  Decided to put in a round today.  Not great with some inconsistency but OK overall.  Need to put in another practice round on Thursday before the tournament on Sunday.

bogey x 3, double, bogey x 3, par, double, bogey, par x 3, bogey, par, birdie, bogey x 2

Did your golf clubs look at you with disgust and say, “Where have you been!”?😜

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Did your golf clubs look at you with disgust and say, “Where have you been!”?😜

What happened was I was at my parents house for a couple of weeks and was playing golf regularly.  Three weeks ago I went back home and had three other passengers in the car, including my MIL.  By the time we had loaded all their stuff in, realised there was no space for my clubs so left it at MIL's.  Came back yesterday and the first thing I did after getting into MIL's house was find my clubs and put it into the car and play a round today 😇

• Thumbs Up 1

What's in the bag

• Aidia Z-009 Putter

Played #4 today. Temp was 36 at 8:20 but warmed up to 64 when we were done. Bad start, 4 over thru the first 5 holes. Finished Even the last 13 holes, had 1 birdie and one bogey coming in for a 76. 40/36, 30 putts. 9 fairways, 9 GIR’s. Two sandy pars on holes 7 and 12.  Several up and downs to save pars!.

Last hit a golf ball in mid October at an outing. I went to the course to pay for 2022 and I went off 12 and played through 18. Conditions sucked. Temp was ok but the wind was howling! I was not playing for score although my first hole I hit a driver pretty solid and then my 7 iron was nutted. Missed left thanks to the wind and a great chip comes up well short on slow green… good solid 5 to open the season. Got my first shank out of the way on the tee at 13 with my 8 iron. At that point I started just playing 2 balls from every spot and forgetting about any attempt at a score. Hit a couple good shots. 17 my 8 irons from fairway were centered up then I nutted a pair of tee shots on 18. What you would expect from a long layoff. Inconsistency. But at least golf season is a little closer to back for this year…

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Played a quick 9 holes on a local par 3 course. Ground was thawed the first inch or so, depending upon location, and frozen underneath. I was hitting my wedges very well, they were landing where I wanted, but had erratic results from ripping back to bouncing like they hit a parking lot. Putting on the lumpy, hairy greens was darn near impossible. Shot a 34..... Not good but under the conditions, I'm not mad at myself.

Played 18 today with my son at Minnesott (at Minnesott Beach, NC).  For kicks and grins, we teed from the tips.  Granted this course is a mid-60’s build so it’s just under 6500 from there.  It was not a good day of scoring - I wound up with a 108 (55/53).  It wasn’t the distance - most holes were only 20 yds longer than from the whites. Looking back - iron play was off today, hybrids were on, driver decent and putter missing just left or right.  Greens punished by rolling quick.  Not a great day score wise, but one of the more relaxed days playing with great weather and company. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Not a great round today but hoping I got the bad shots out of my system before the tournament on Sunday.  Took a buggy as well so that my dad conserves some energy and plays 18 holes.  Off late, he has been dropping out mid way through the back 9.  At 84 am kinda hoping I can make him play 18 as his regular exercise.

Shot double, bogey x 2, par, bogey x 2, par, bogey, double x 2, bogey x 2, par x 2, bogey, par, bogey x 2

What's in the bag

• Aidia Z-009 Putter

…..and then I got mad!   Played with “that guy” today. The nonstop talker. I’m 3 over thru 4 holes. He’s in my head!  He only seems to talk when I start my pre shot routine which is essentially getting myself aligned. I don’t take practice swings. I get set and go. So I’m fuming a bit and I’m blocking him out the best I can.  Staying away from him, no conversation. He is also the guy with the remote pushcart that he somehow rides up on the rest of the group while their hitting! Annoying as hell!  He finally got the message and left after the 16th hole. On #8, the 16th is next to the Clubhouse so he takes off.  From the 5th hole on I play 2 over. Maybe I should play angry or just not play with that guy!   Had nine up and downs, two were sand saves, one was a downhill right to left on the 565 par 5. Pin high right hitting my 5th stroke after hitting a tree with tee shot. In it goes. Crazy round hitting only 6 fairways, 4 GIRs. It was windy, 10-12mph and 46* when we teed off. Had a total of 25 putts, 14/11.  From the 5th hole to the 18th I only had 18 putts.  I was around the green and recovered nicely.

But this guy is on the list!

Played a dozen holes today after a horrible week, in which I got no practice in.  Unsurprisingly, things were a bit off.  My putting, which has been good recently, was poor.  Full-swing was variable.  Short game was the best.  Lost count of the score, but not good!  Still, was lovely to be out again, and determined to get practice back on track.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Miserable round today.  Played a tournament and nothing good except one birdie, a couple of missed birdie opportunities and good putting.

Bogey, double x 2, quadruple, bogey, birdie, triple, par x 2, bogey x 2, par, bogey x 3, par, double, bogey

What's in the bag

• Aidia Z-009 Putter

played 9 holes today in very windy and chilly conditions.. 

Started hole 1 (par 3) with a double bogie, so right off the bat it didn't go great. Missed my birdie put on hole 2 (SI 1 - par 4) and ended up even 3-putting it as my 2nd put stopped in front of the hole by less than a centimeter.

Par on hole 3 (par 5) after a good drive, bogie on 4 (165 meter par 3) when I missed the green a bit to the right  and par on 5 (par 5) were alright.

Bogie on 6 (par 4) was unlucky after a great tee-off with my 5-wood with the wind. Unfortunately I 3-putted again on a difficult green and pin-position.

I doubled 7 (par 3) and 8 (par 4).. On 7 I hit off the tee into one bunker and then had to play over another bunker to the green, but the ball unfortunately didn't make it over the 2nd bunker but went straight in.

Bad drive on 8 (par 4) and I duffed my hybrid in an awkward lie (glad i wasn't out of bounds on the drive). 

Bogie on 9 (par 3) and I ended up with a 44 on this par 34 course, which is pretty much exactly my handicap on this course..

cheers Chris

Played Pinehurst #6 this morning. 1st group out at 8:00.  Started par, bogey, par, par, par, then a double (hit 2nd shot on the par 5 OB). Then two pars and a bogey to finish 4 over on the front. Back nine started with another string of pars then a bogey on the 13th. Played -1 rest of the way in for an even 36.  The birdie was interesting and lucky, but a heck of a 2nd shot. Pulled the tee shot left on the 17th hole into the tree line. I was 140 out, but the back swing was hindered by a branch. It was flexible enough to take the back swing up, and come down thru the branch again. I just wanted to get it somewhere around the green. Took my swing and hit it thin but straight at the pin which was back which helped a lot when it stopped 4 ft from the hole! Made the putt. Up and down for a par on 18.  Another day with 7 up and downs to save pars. 40/36, 8 fairways, 7 GIRs and 27 putts.

Short game has come through the last 4 rounds!