What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

My second best round ever!

• 75 (+4) - differential of 4.9
  • FW: 9/14
  • GIR: 11/18 
  • Putts: 28
  • 10 Pars, 6 bogies, 2 birdies

I needed a good round. Been discouraged lately. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played pretty well this weekend.

Saturday I shot 40/48 at Quail Brook for a 13.7 differential. Started the round with four straight pars but kind of lost my swing for a bit on the back 9. Did hole two putts from off the green, including one for birdie on 16, and managed my lowest putts per round of the year with 28.

Today I shot 42/37 at Green Knoll for a 7.2 differential. Hit 10 GIR. Made two sixes - on the par 5 5th hole because I had to take an unplayable and on the following hole because I hit my approach in the water, decided to take S&D and put it on the green. It’s the closest to no sixes I’ve ever gotten.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Played 9 holes today, front 9. 4 pars, but got up and down 4 times so practice and hard work paying off. Made 2 6 footers else would have had a couple 3-putts. Again drills paying off.  Easy driver day, hard to dial it back but was effective and never in trouble, even if giving up some distance.  It's so dry out that balls run and fall off fairways, have to be careful

I still struggle with 175+ approad shots, and long (200+) par 3's.  I need to leave them in better spots. At 180+ I struggle into greens, bogeys not pars.

No 6's. 39

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

Shot my second sub-90 yesterday after a couple of weeks off. 89 with a 9 on the SI 1 par 5 13th. I finished par, bogie, par, bogie, birdie to scrape in! 67 yard wedge to 4' on 18 and holed the putt 🙂

31 putts total with the only 3 putt on the 200 yard par 3 12th after hitting the green. My putting achilles heel seems to be largely resolved.

6 pars and a birdie. I'm starting to believe!

Last three rounds have been 84, 83, 87 (87 was ESC to an 86).

The most recent 87 was disappointing since I felt like my full swing ball striking was good enough to score better (15 nGIR, 8 GIR), but I lost nearly 4 strokes on short game, and almost 1 full stroke putting. I also had 3 penalty strokes, 2 coming from poor decision making (and execution, but they could have been avoided entirely).

I am feeling optimistic because over these three rounds my strokes gained are all positive, except for short game. Short game is usually a slight positive or at least neutral strokes gained category for me, so I am encouraged that tee and approach shots strokes gained are positive against my 10 handicap benchmark. If I can maintain this trajectory with full swing, I will be very pleased, and might be able to move to more ambitious benchmark.

Last 3 rounds vs. 10 HCP:

image.png.ec2b3eff4a75551d9b4fe6b274e76550.png

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Shot well but should have been much better yesterday.  Shot a +10 = 46 but missed 2 putts under 3 fees, one was for Par on a Par 5.  Also hit one tee shot into hazard and had to go to the drop zone.  I wish I knew why, but every shot just felt effortless and my confidence on each shot was 100% "I got this".  I had only 1 GIR but had 3 GIR which helped.  My chipping was a little off and left longer putts than I would have liked but did sink a 7 footer for par and a 12 footer for bogey (on the Par 3 I had to take a drop on).  I hit 3 of 7 fairways and my misses were not all that bad.  I was a little inconsistent on the driver with my shortest @ 162 yards and longest at 250 yards.  The shorter drives tended to be pop-ups but I was able to follow up with good shots.  I just want to remember the nice smooth stroke & confidence next time I am out.

just noticed, had wrong tee boxes.  I played "White".  Need to remember to adjust in SS.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

42-48-90

It was my first 18 since a minor surgery a few weeks ago. Got off to a good start and was only 2 over after 7, but I had no stamina. I should have taken a cart. 

Bill M

Shot a 41

Driver: B+, Distance Wedge and pitch: D, Putting A+

This game mocks me. It’s like a roller coaster of emotions from practice to playing. No expectation for hitting the ball remotely well off the tee, and I stripped the ball most of the time. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Played a stapleford with the seniors. The good news is I didn't come last, the bad news is I came second too last. I was dreadful and scored 27 points 😴

Played solo round of 18 using worst ball format.  Rule was simple - hit two balls off the tee, then play next shot from the “worst” position.  Keep this up all the way to the geeen.  Really worked on the course management aspect.  Finished with an 88 (41 / 47), just one GIR but had  six nGIR.  Putting was okay, two 3 putts but five were 1 putts.  Hardest part of the round, having decent lies/looks that were called back to the “worse” lie/look.  

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Shot 42 on the front. 

Shot 57 on the back. 

But even though the back 9 was horrible, what really matters is that I broke 100 for the first time since coming back after an approximate 17 year hiatus, and it's only my 5th time playing an actual round in the past 3 months (although I do hit the range at least 3 times per week). 

Good for me! 

Edited by Opoponax
  • Thumbs Up 1

They call it golf because the other four-letter words were taken. – Ray Floyd

86 today (41 front / 45 back) - 1 birdie, 5 pars, 9 bogies, 3 doubles. Decent drive accuracy with 8 of 14 fairways.  4 of 18 GIR with 9 nGIR.  35 putts total - had three 3 putts (all were for bogie).  Played with same two balls the entire round - no lost balls, no penalty strokes!  My son and grandson were my playing partners - he shot an 88.  Was a good day of golf. 

• Like 1

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

20 hours ago, Opoponax said:

Shot 42 on the front. 

Shot 57 on the back. 

But even though the back 9 was horrible, what really matters is that I broke 100 for the first time since coming back after an approximate 17 year hiatus, and it's only my 5th time playing an actual round in the past 3 months (although I do hit the range at least 3 times per week). 

Good for me! 

Be sure to go to the achievements thread to claim your “ Broke 100” award.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

On 8/27/2022 at 1:09 AM, Opoponax said:

Shot 42 on the front. 

Shot 57 on the back. 

Good for me! 

Congratulations. 

That front 9 looks like it was fun. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Played Green Knoll again, 47/39 for a 13.4 differential. Three f***ing triple bogeys on the front. Made a few longer putts, two in the 12-15' range and one over 30'.

I need to socially distance myself from all greenside bunkers for a while.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Was able to play Pinehurst #2 this morning after a cancellation. It was a split tee start with three Resort Guests and I starting in the back nine ( I don’t like split tees). Last tee time on the front was at 9:30. Two caddies in the group, I pushed a cart. Everyone played fairly well. So well that we played in 1 hour 45 minutes. We made the turn at the 1st tee and waited just over 20 minutes.

Needless to say it threw all of us out of our rhythm. Plus we had the group in front of us playing military golf. I was two over on the back. Speaking of, my back started to stiffen as we waited. The other guys were playing well, pretty sure we were all in the upper 30’s on the back. I consider the back the “easy nine” on #2.

I had pars on 4 of the 1st 5 holes on the front, then two quick bogeys but had pars on the last two. Overall a 77, 9 Fairways, 9 GIRs and 32 putts. Had looks at birdies but missed them all.

Back nine took 3 hours and 10 minutes. Weather was 72 when we started and felt like 72. When we finished it was 89* and felt like 95*. The waiting was the hardest part.

Advice to anyone, don’t do split tees on #2. Automatic 5 plus hours. 

YESTERDAY: Shot a 51 (over9 holes)... in the fight against the dreaded DOUBLE BOOGEY, went 5 for 9... and got my FIRST BIRDIE EVER!

1stBirdie.jpg

VWWU1265[1].JPG

VQVU0995[1].JPG

Edited by HankBlue
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)