IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played McCann golf course today. Shot 89, ho hum.  Y'know I played well though, and can't be too disappointed. I had 10 GIR, but also had 10 3-putts. So go figure. I didn't make  putt outside of probably 2 feet, and mis-read every lag putt I tried. All ya can do is laugh. I was even on the fringe for a few in regulation.  Stopped at Vassar on the way home to practice on their green. I'm going to write it off due to starting off-season fitness yesterday.  Crazy game..

Screenshot_20221014-154006_Golfmetrics.jpg

Mike

Driver: TM Sim2 9* Ventus Black, M5 9* Kuro Kage
Fwy: TM SLDR 3W, 5W;    Hybrid: TM M1 4 Hybrid
Irons: TM Tour Preferred MC 2014
Wedges: TM Tour Preferred, 52 @ 51*, 56
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Rossie

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played Green Knoll yesterday and shot 47/43 for a 17.0 differential. Course was very soft but not windy out. Hit 5 GIR and putted poorly on aerated greens. It wasn’t a very good day of golf.

Didn’t lose any balls but it wasn’t for lack of trying.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Played in an outing at a very good golf course (Par 71; 72.1 rating: 133 slope). Shotgun. The first hole we played was a 165 yard par 3 with a water hazard in front of the green. I skulled my first swing of the day into the pond and made double. But I drove the ball great and was on or around most greens. Shot 80, which was a bit disappointing in that I haven't broken 80 in three years and it was one of my goals this season. Had a 40 foot birdie putt on the last hole and left it a click short. Second 80 of the season. Still time left. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill M

Played James Baird, shot a 86. Birdied #2 & #3 with approx 12 foot putts. Golf is funny, today I putted well from 4' to 8'.  However I missed 4 or 5 putts  (maybe more, embarrassing) from 2 - 3 foot range.  Crazy, I guess I need to figure out what I'm doing and clean that up. I think I sorta know, from longer distnce, I setup and starrt my stroke very well, but from short range, I get all wristy since with the fast greens I barely have to touch it. On #18 from 3 feet for par downhill, I just barely touched it, and it rolled out 5 foot past the hole (sunk that one coming back for bogey).

Oh, and hitting a knock down 7 iron when you mean to hit a knockdown PW will leave you well over the green every time. What an adverture.. Played in full raingear, raining cats and dogs.

Mike

It isn't the hours that you put in at practice that count. It's the way you spend those minutes. -- tony lema

91 (45 / 46) at Minnesott from the white tees (just over 6,000yds, 69.2 / 119).  Temps in the mid-50’s N-NE wind 7-10 mph (head wind going out, tail wind coming back).  8 of 14 FIR, 3 GiR plus 5 nGIR, 34 putts.  Pars 3 on the front, 3 on the back.  Bogies 3 on the front, 3 on the back. Double 3 on the front, 2 on the back (had a triple).  Front nine was bogie followed by three triples and then another bogie.  Finished the front par - bogie - par - par.  The back went three bogies, par, par, triple, dbl, par, dbl.  An all over the place kind of day for sure. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

92 at Highland Oaks (RTG Golf Trail Course). It was a bit chilly down here in the southland, but still a great day of golf. 

48 out with a snowman on 9 and 44 coming in. 

• Thumbs Up 1

- Shane

Played Elks Run on the east side of Cincinnati. It’s a Greg Norman course and it is in great shape. I shot a 74 with a birdie and two double bogeys. Par 71.  The wind was up and gusting. I have no excuses except the wind. I played really well. I played with a Titleist left dash ball. That ball is sick. 

Edited by chop
  • Thumbs Up 1

Played last Sunday, and for a change the course was empty 🙂

After a poor start I was 9 over after 5 holes. Then had a run of 12 holes where I played close to single figure handicap golf to end up standing on the 18th tee at +15. 

Made triple and shot 90. Stupid game.

I need to figure out how to make those runs of focussed, high concentration, decent quality play last for 18 holes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Played late afternoon round at Minnesott with son and grandson.  Came away with an 87 (42 / 45).  Was a day of just missing fairways (mostly left), scrambling to get on the greens (3 GIR, 9 nGIR), 34 putts (only two holes with 3 putts both with an initial putt of greater than 30').  High point of the day was on #6, the second par 5 on the front.  3rd shot I hit short so I really needed a good wedge to get up and down for par.  Hit the 50deg wedge that finished 6" from the hole from about 60 yds out.   My son, who's back was giving him a fit, played from the forward tees to avoid big swings with the driver.  He found that a good 3/4 swing with the 3w was his ticket for driving off the tee.  His game was in the low 90's for the day.    

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Played Quail Ridge in Sanford, NC today where I shot a 78.  I was very happy with the way I played, especially with how I hit my irons.  Driving could still use a little work, but overall, very pleased. 

• Administrator

Andrew.

• Confused 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played Dinsmore the other morning, very foggy had to wait to get started else balls disappear into the mist. I played from the forward tees, and it made all the difference. Three birdies and a generally tight and clean round.  Shot 69, but it;s a short course. At least I didn't mess anything up too badly, and got a couple lucky bounces here and there. Best score ever on 18 (albeit a short course).  Feel I've earned a good one, putting in a couple hours a day on practice, mostly skills work due to lingering injury, but I make do. Getting away with shorter drives helps, although I was on the fringe on #18 at 250 yds,, so there's that. (Par'd it). 

I'm going out in the morning, weather permitting, high hopes :-) .

dinsmore.jpg

DinsmoreCard.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike

Played in pouring rain today, thank goodness for rain gear, but everything is wet.  Shot 83. Hit quite a few greens in the air, but ball rolled off the back. Rain? Ball choice? Dunno. Annoying to fix bll mard when ball isn't even on the green!  I hit 8 or 9 irons back to the pin, "putting with loft" is what Ray Floyd calls it. Two sand saves (2 for 2!).  Quarter and half wedges off of wet ground is tough for me, that's one reason I wanted to play, to practice that.

BairdClubhouse.jpg

Mike

Shot 79 on Sunday (39/40), 5 GIR/9 nGIR, and 3 penalty strokes.

Kind of a weird round. I didn't feel like I hit the ball all that great, but I managed 3 birdies which really helped lower the score.

I had three penalty strokes off the tee (all red staked hazards). I almost saved par after the first penalty stroke off the tee, then I did save par after the second one, but the third penalty resulted a triple-bogey. Cumulatively I think I gained a stroke or maybe two by saving par after one of the penalty strokes and only making bogey on another (not sure if stats back this up, but I think I probably average double-bogey on holes with penalty strokes).

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

95 (50 / 45) from the white tees today at Minnesott.  Starting temps in the 50’s with steady to gusty 10-15 mph winds from the North.  It meant playing into the wind going out and with the wind at the turn on both sides (this course runs pretty much N-S).  Decent day off the tee (for me) at 7 of 14.  No GIR (tough day on the approach game) but had five nGIR of wihich four were par saves.  Putting was all about near misses, most of them left of the cup.  

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star

Ever have one of those rounds where you haven't practiced much (or at all recently in my case), or thought about your golf swing for awhile, but then everything just clicks on the course? Today was not that round.

Shot a 96, worst score of the year. To make myself feel a little better, I did sort of quit trying to play my best golf after 6-7 holes, and just tried to hit shots that I normally wouldn't attempt.

image.png.4487047f84a385c82587085b86dc44a6.png

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

83 (40 / 43) at Minnesott today.  Played the most forward tees (just over 4400 yds).   Was playing with grandson and the Missus.  As we were playing the most fwd tees, I only played the irons (5i thru 54 deg SW).  Was a great day to work on iron play with the shorter distances.  Fairways hit were 4 of 18, however none of the misses were too severe (all playable fwd). Hit 7 of 18 greens in regulation with another 8 nGIR.  Putting was hit or miss as I was using an old tall putter (which is taking some getting used too).  Overall the round was fun even with the 4 putt blow-up on 11.  Best part of the day was hearing my wife yell “Whooo Hoooo” when she nailed a drive or sank a good putt.   

Ping G410 3w R flex
Srixon Q Star