IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played Links O’ Tryon blue tees and shot 45-48=93 on a blustery day.

The Great: 13/14 fairways and missed 18 by 6’. Hit my longest drives ever on 1, 2, 8, 9 and 14 with my driver despite the breeze not being in my favor

The so-so: hit 6 GIR. Should have been double that.

The bad: missed approach shot from 74 on 1; 113 on 2; 54 on 3- well, you get the picture. Poor putting also held me back. Changed my stroke from claw to a reverse double overlap.  Missed 4 birdie putts inside 12’.  

The good: maintained a good attitude during the round. Would love to see some good results!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played my first round of the year two Sundays ago while visiting family in Dallas.

Went 43-35 for a 78. 

Short game killed me on the front, but that was kinda to be expected since I haven't been able to practice short game outdoors in months.

Finally got some touch back on the back 9 and had back to back birdies and just one bogey on the back half.

Hit the new driver really well, looking forward to the upcoming season.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
On 4/1/2023 at 4:46 PM, Voltron1 said:

Thanks for the reply.  I truly appreciate it, but I'm very frustrated.

I mean… 

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/forum/13-member-swings/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 4/1/2023 at 4:46 PM, Voltron1 said:

I truly appreciate it, but I'm very frustrated. 

You have options and prolly a lot of low hanging fruit. 

It's one thing if you didn't care what you shot or if your play didn't bother you.  

Vishal S.

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Thanks. I finally filmed my range session, and I clearly see what the big issues are. I am not only rotating my hips to start the downswing, but I'm also over rotating. It's causing me to go over the top, and then it's a crap shoot. No wonder I'm inconsistent. I will post some before and after clips once I get a chance to work on this. 

3 hours ago, GolfLug said:

You have options and prolly a lot of low hanging fruit. 

It's one thing if you didn't care what you shot or if your play didn't bother you.  

I definitely see what I can work on after watching myself. It's a miracle I could even hit the ball with how my downswing looks right now. If I get this back on the correct plane, I could actually be decent again. 

I'm trying too hard to hit at the ball instead of swinging thru it. I will have to address this in practice. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Voltron1 said:

Thanks. I finally filmed my range session, and I clearly see what the big issues are. I am not only rotating my hips to start the downswing, but I'm also over rotating. It's causing me to go over the top, and then it's a crap shoot. No wonder I'm inconsistent. I will post some before and after clips once I get a chance to work on this.

Maybe.

The point was… you should start a Member Swing topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

45 but a really unforced error finish, was +3 though the first 6 then boom trees and trouble. But 45 is only a little high for me, mostly 39-43 a side these days. 

Dave :-)

12 hours ago, iacas said:

Maybe.

The point was… you should start a Member Swing topic.

I get that, but I don't have any clips from head on yet. When I get enough proper angles and get them in slow mode,  I'll start a thread. 

Not played golf for two weeks, and worse been sick from Wednesday to Saturday with little food, mostly hydration and just about starting to recover decently.  A friend called last night so decided to play.  An ok-ok round.

Double, par, bogey x 3, par x 3, bogey, par, bogey x 3, par, bogey, par, bogey x 2.

Finished 6 and 6 to be 12 over

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Played on Easter Monday. Windy day (15mph with gusts of 25+) and drizzle the first few holes. Made triple-bogey on the 2nd and 12th….and was +5 on the 13th! Three off the tee (lost ball) and sent that into a lateral hazard. 

Despite that I still played -2 nett for the entire round! Six GIRs (new PB), five pars & eight bogeys (both gross). Ignoring those bad three holes….I went round in +12 gross. Slightly miffed at not playing bogey golf the entire round (which would have been a PB round), but also delighted that the practice is paying off and that I didn’t fall apart the last five holes.

Haven’t posted or even visited in a while. Western PA weather hasn’t exactly been great. Bought myself a new 52 before heading to the course. Got the Ping Glide Forged Pro. Great wedge! Extremely happy with it so far. Only played 9. Pace of play kind of died. I felt myself tiring from not playing since October, I played the front at 6 over. 3 pars. 6 bogeys. No big numbers. Hit the ball solid off the tee. Irons could use work. Short game was ok. 15 putts. Something to build on. Planning to play A LOT since it appears I won’t have to hear my “wife” or what looks like a soon to be ex wife nagging me every time I want to golf.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

79 or about a 10.3 differential. I was solo so I am not posting the score.

Kind of a marginal day weatherwise: 38 degrees, cloudy, 15-20 mph wind. the course as in decent shape and once I started walking, it was not really cold or uncomfortable.

Brian Kuehn

The two man Wednesday-Night league started last night. 

We played the back nine. It was not my best work. I just threw away strokes left and right.

On number 10 (the first hole) I found the fairway bunker and then smacked it off the lip and needed 2 to get out. Then hit in in a greenside bunker on the same hole, so I opened with a double. ... ugh....

I hit a good drive on number 11, only to hit my approach OB left, another double ... Ugh.. Ugh...

On 13 I had an NGIR, a weak-ass chip and had to putt my first putt from off the green... Another double. ... Ugh.. Ugh... Ugh...

2023-04-20.thumb.gif.bf9b3f64b6855362bb7b507cc5d1fab8.gif

Granted it was the first time out this year, but I found a lot of ways to screw things up. I just couldn't get it going. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

82 at Minnesott today (42 front / 40 back from the gold tees).  This is the first decent score of the year for me and was a round that I really felt like all the cylinders were firing decently.  Started the round solo with an up and down par on 1 and a GIR par on #2, a par 5 - the latter was such a sweet feeling.  Hit a few stumbles on 3 - 4 - 5 as I went bogie - dbl - bogie.  The double on 4 was unnecessary as I was about 10 yards short of the green on the approach, its a par 4.  An easy pitch with the SW would have put me putting for an easy par, but I skulled it over the green.  A comebacker lands me back on the green but not until I two putt for double.  Missed the green on 5, a short par 3 which meant another up and down with the SW.  Still a two putt for bogie.  Six is the other par 5 on the front and I again hit GIR and par for score.  Seven and eight were a pair of bogies.  Closed out the front with a par on 9, an all carry par 3 over the front pond.  Finish the back six over with a 42.  Met up with some friends for the back nine.  It started with bogie on 10 and par on 11, the two hardest rated holes on the back.  Felt good as I head into 12 the first par3 of the back.  Bogie as I get heavy on the tee shot and putt onto the green and I miss the par for bogie.  Still doing okay to be only 2 over after 3 holes on the back.  Thirteen is the first par 5 of the back and I make GIR with a one putt for birdie!  Excited as I am now back to one over through four holes on the back nine, seven over for the round.  14, the second par 3, I again come up short on the tee - hit the 7i heavy.  An easy pitch with the SW and a 1 putt gives me par.  Heading into 15, the nemesis par 4 on the back, I am one over on the back still.  A good drive with the driver and an approach with the 4h that clips the pine limbs and falls short leaves me another SW pitch.  I land about 4' away and roll the putt for par.   Feeling good heading into 16 which I had birdied in the previous round.  Good drive and that is where the wheels came off.  I opt to lay up as the pond that fronts the green has me doubting a hybrid in.  That leads to several heavy (fat) iron shots where I am laying five on the green.  Two putt for a double and we move on.  17 is the shortest par 4 on the course and I opt to fade a driver over the corner.  I still catch the limbs a little and it comes up short.  A punch shot with the 4h leaves me about 3yds off the green.  I choose to roll the putt and just miss the hole.  An easy come back for bogie and I am now four over on the back, 10 over on the round.  18, a nice par four, with water down the entire left side and a huge fairway bunker on the right.  Tee shot has me just short of the bunker, with the wind in our faces I want to keep it down some so I hit an easy 6 iron.  Still come up about 20 yards short so another pitch with the SW.  This time it smoothly lands near the pin for an 4' uphill putt for par.  Nail it!  

Takeaways for the day:  Putting was solid - only 29 strokes.  Par - had a total of 8, five of which were up and down saves.  Two double bogies - both of which could have been easily avoided with some quieting of the mind.  Drives - 10 of 14 fairways hit.  4 GIR and 6 nGIR.  

Was a good day - especially having fun with friends on the back nine.  

image.thumb.png.ce5eacf9528648b9727026f41185a6d6.png

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Bad first round, 96. Only plus is very good putting. Still searching for a playable swing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I respectfully plead the fifth on the crime that was the round I just played.

• Funny 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Played much better, 82. Found a functional golf swing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag