IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

This past Sunday, I shot my personal best round of 104. I've only started playing about a year ago and had been between 125-135. The biggest difference is that I had much better control of my anger and made a conscious effort to keep my head down through the swing.

Mike

I played Vellano Country Club in Chino Hills today for the first time.
I shot an 82 that included two doubles and an Eagle-2. It was my second Eagle-2 in 4 days. Very unusual.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I snuck out Sunday afternoon at 12:30 and shot an 82 at Sumner Meadows. A miracle that I finished after it took over 3 hours to play the front 9...

in my grom stand bag:

Driver: HiBore 9.5* fujikura stiff
3w: HiBore 15* fujikura stiff
2i hybrid: HiBore fujikura stiff3-sw: MP-57 +1/2 2* up stiff steelPutter: 2ball SRT 36"GPS: SG3 Sky caddieCart:Clicgear 2.0Home Course: Lake Spanaway http://www.lakespanawaygc.com

I shot a 91 at Woodley Lakes this morning. Here's the kicker.

When I was threatening to break 100, I'd frequently have a round where I hit X tee shots O.B. and went to "hitting three" from the tee. I'd have a score in the range of [100, 99 + 2X]. In other words, if I had said "mulligan," I'd have broken 100, but instead I followed the rules, called a penalty on myself, and didn't break 100.

Well, now scores in the 90s at my home course are the norm. And today, I shot a 91. But the kicker is that I made a really stupid mistake in the process.

Hole 2, I hit my approach into a bunker after going for a sucker pin. The thing is, my course notebook even tells me not to go for the pin when it's in that position! I wrote that book for a reason dang-it!
I leave my sand shot in the bunker. Well, after a bad shot, what do you do? Take a practice swing for what you should have done. Oops! My ball's still in the bunker - two stroke penalty.
I got my ball up and down for a triple bogey.

If I hadn't called that penalty on myself, the score would've been 89. So now I know I'm fully capable of breaking 90, I just need to go out and do it.

Another plus today: I parred holes 6 and 14, neither of which I had parred in the past. I've now parred every hole on the course at least once, and I've birdied 4 holes at least once each. This brings my best-ball score for the course to 68.
After parring 14, I told my group this and then said "I don't care if I triple bogey out, I've had a good day." And I made a triple on the next hole and then a double on 16. A nice par save on 17 from 75 yards out and a tap-in bogey on 18 finished the day.

The lesson: honesty is important when you make a mistake, but it's better not to make the mistake in the first place. Also, stop talking about your score during the round.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

42 on the front side of Pioneer (par 34) with an esc 7 on #8 (several duck hooks OB).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Only second time playing since last summer (played once in January when it was really warm). Shot a solid 39 (par 36) on the front nine of my home course. We were still hitting off temporary tee boxes, and I hit a very solid first tee shot (3 wood about 275). It was a great start too the round. Left me with about a 25 yard pitch shot, and I of course duffed it. I just got a new 54.10 spin milled vokey, and after hitting a bad 60 degree wedge I decided to use the vokey on every shot shot from there on out. That worked out like a charm. Too bad I drove the ball poorly and I couldn't hit a good iron shot to save my life.

Overall 4 fairways hit, only 3 GIR, but only 15 putts.

If anyone is wondering how to get spin on their wedges, get a vokey. The course I played on was quite wet, but I was still generating more spin that I could imagine. On #8 I hit a half shot (about 60 yards) and it spun back 18 feet (this was with an old pro v1 ball). What was even better was that on #7, I flew the green, and with a downhill 20 yard shot I spun back a top flite. I could not believe it.

42 on the front side of Pioneer after ESC. I had about a 20 (ESC 7) on one hole because I couldn't keep a ball in bounds, but apart from that one brain fart, I might still have my game.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

73 @ Sumner Meadows from the blues. Couldn't pass up a $15 round. Gatta work on my putting. Missed 4 5 footers. sigh.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

First rd of the year

Front 9: 50
Back 9: 38

Had some lead time on the front getting used to some new clubs. Everything worked out on the back as you can see. This is my first year getting serious with golf so I dont see how shooting in the 30's for 9 cant become commonplace.

Driver: G5 9 Degree w/ Aldila Green Stiff
Irons: i5 Green Dot
Wedge: 588 53 Degree
Balls: NXT Tour

Good game, what course?

In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Burner 9.5* Stock Stiff
5 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Aldila NV Stiff
7 Wood: TaylorMade V-Steel Stock Steel
4-PW: TaylorMade R7XD Stock Stiff Steel48* Wedge: Callaway Forged52* Wedge: Founders Club60* Wedge: Founders ClubPutter: Odyssey DFX 6600Balls: Titleist ProV1 & DT SoLo

AN 87 ON MY 2ND TIME OUT THIS SEASON!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!

(Oregon...we don't get golf weather often enough)

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

I'm so jealous.....we're in the middle of a precious little snow storm.
At least another month and a half before I get to play.

Nice avatar SteelDriver!

i shot a soldier in Battlefield 2. damn snow.

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Shot 82, net 70, tournament at Gold Mountain, Cascade course, 5 over my goal. I'd have to say it's very difficult to be grouped with slow and angry players. Got caught up with it in the middle of the round but I concentrated on my game and did fine. I did 3 putt 4 holes so I'll need to work on that. I did tie for 2nd place and got long drive. Got back 4 bucks more than what I put in, enough for a beer.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

80. Two double bogeys. Three three-putts. It's killing me because I drove the ball fairly well today. Better than I had been. Greens were aerated monday but I don't use that as an excuse. Just had mental lapses. Guess that's why I'm an amateur.

40 for nine holes

1st day for highschool tryouts, second time playing the course.

Major flaw; chunked driver shot into the trees on a par five and got a double bogey

But as a freshmen only 3 people got me today, 2 seniors and a junior. So my chances of being a starter are pretty good.

In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

my personal best SO FAR.............59 for nine............brassie shots were straight and up the middle........for a change my putts were off.....usually im 1 or two putts...............did a couple threes today......overall pleased......just gotta keep pluggin away.........
Driver:Louisville Golf Transitional driver(15*)
Wood:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Brassie(14*)
Long IronTad Moore/Tom Morris Cleek(18*)
Long Iron:Tad Moore/Tom Morris Mid Iron(22*)
Approach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Jigger(26*)Approach:Burke T ray Mongrel MashieApproach:Tad Moore OA Hickories Mashie(37*)Short:Geor...