IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Snuck out this afternoon for a quick nine holes; first time with a new set of irons and wedges. Shot 43, hit three fairways and five greens which isn't bad for me. Even the fairways I missed, all but two were near-misses. What killed me today was the putting: I had three up-and-down opportunities and missed all three. Those putts were all in the 10-15 foot range. I also had three three-putts, all from 40-60 feet. The greens were really slow and really bumpy. (Just too early in the season; grass hasn't started growing yet.)

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

Went out @ 4PM to play 9. teed off on 10 @ 4:15. 42 on the back. it was 5:40 so I played the front. Finished @ 7:06. 43 on the front. 85, not bad for the 1st round of the year, with a new swing and all. REALLY screwed up w/ the short game. 3-3puts. and numerous chunked wedges. All in all 3-F, 8-GIR, 36-putts and one birdie. About what I expected, and it's definitely encouraging shooting to your handicap the 1st round of the year!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Had my first round of the year on a course I have never played. 49 on the front and 50 on the back. I only hit two greens all day, and even with that I I wound up having 37 putts. Not good, but I didn't get a chance to warm up and putt before the round.

We wound up playing another 9 after we were done on a third nine the course had and shot 43. Only hit three greens and still had 18 putts, but shot a 43. The good news is I shot par on the last three holes and my long game started feeling much better.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

best round of my life today. shot a 76 (previous best was an 80) on a par 71. 39 on the front and 37 on the back. best thing is that the back nine plays about 4 shots harder, and I was really happy shooting 2 over for that side. if i could have gotten the putter moving it could have easily been low 70's (missed about 8 putts inside 10 feet).

Shot my current best round today. I've been playing for about 10 months, but lost 5 months of that time due to school and winter. Shot a 95, 45 on the front and 50 on the back. I was 6 over through the first 8 but tripled the last, and then had a quad, a triple, and a double on the back 9. Putting really let me down a couple times. The second triple was a bad pin placement, set up on a brutal slope. The quad was on a par three. Hit the right club but pulled it left into the trap, mishit and sent it over the green into the opposite trap, took two to get out, and then three putted. It was pretty ugly. Played with three guys from work, one shot a one over 73 total, the other two didn't shoot too well (I actually beat both of them on the front, which I guess I should count as an accomplishment). One is a 9 and the other is a 12. I need to learn to avoid the blow up holes, I hit a lot of shots really well, but wasted too many strokes on putts and other various stupid shots. Overall I'm ok with the round because I felt like I hit a lot of good shots but I'm a bit frustrated at the same time because I feel like I could have shot a 90 pretty easily. I guess that's golf though right?

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

93. 11 Fairways + 2 fairway bunkers off the tee. Only 3 GIR. I made some awesome putts today, though.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Shot 82 @ The Home Course. It's was cold, windy, and pouring rain. Did a lot of scrambling for par. Putting was doing better. Only 3 putted once. FIR 50%, GIR 39%, putts 32, Up/down 45%.

DR: Insight XTD Pro DF2400X 9.5 w/YSQ AD 65g S-flex
4W: Insight 16.5 Stiff
3,4 Hybrid: Idea Pro
5I - GW: Idea Pro -1 degree
SW: RST-DSG 56LW: RST-DSG 60Putter: Newport 2 DetourBall: TP Red

First day of practice on the golf team today.

35 for 9 holes which is one under!
Low round ever for me, first time breaking par, and lowest round on the team so far. Also being a freshman and the only one on the team, I definitely earned my spot and have full respect from everyone.

3 birds and 2 bogeys (my par save after a downhill bunker shot on a par 3 lipped out for a 4).

In My Bag:
Driver: r580XD R flex
3 Wood: Mac Burrows 13*
Irons: Apex 2 iron
Irons: Edge 3-E ('89-92)Wedge: rac TP Satin 56*12Wedge: rac TP Black 60*06Putter: CER Milled CP03 (GolfWorks custom head)Ball: Pro V1 or any other found premimum ball

snuck out of work early today with some coworkers and shot a 115 - one guy kept a legit score with me and the other 2 clowns had their *great* scores with the 20-something mulligans they took

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

shot an 82 out in san diego. best round in a while. played with some cat out there trying to make it on the canadian tour. decent course called carlton oaks country club. they're hosting a canadian qualifying event in a week, followed by a golden state tour stop the next week.

Hoofer Vantage Bag Carrying:
DRIVER Fusion FT-3 Driver Proforce V2 65 Graphite Stiff
FAIRWAY WOOD G10 4-Wood
HYBRID G10 21 Degree
IRONS MX-25 Irons 3 thru PW Precision Rifle Shafts & Golf Pride GripsWEDGES CG10 56 & 60 Degree WedgesPUTTER 2-Ball SRT BALL ProV1xCLUB ...

87, +4 front nine, +12 for the back :(

Driver 905R 9.5 Deg Stiff Flex
3 Wood 904F 15 Deg Stiff Flex
Irons i5 Stiff Flex 3-PW
Wedges MALTBY Forged 53,56,60
Putter G5i Craz-EBall D-Feel

I shot a 90 with a staggering 43 putts. 7 three-putts and 1 four-putt. I'm not going to make any excuses about how the greens had been aerated and how I just had my putter regripped. I'm not one to make excuses...

I hit 8 greens in regulation, including driving a 273 yard par 4 (I three putted from about 25 feet for a par). My wedge play was very bad too. I bladed a bunch of chips, resulting in at least a few of the three putts.

All in all, I really did enjoy myself because I was flat out stroking my irons. I've just got to get my short game sharpened up before I can start scoring well.

In my bag:

Driver: R540xd
3wood: F-50
3-PW: MP-60Wedges: misc. + RAC Chrome 56°Putter: Oz Blue ChipBall: One Platinum

Played 36 today. Shot a 110 in the morning by myself. Then shot a 105 this afternoon as part of a foursome. Probably play another round tomorrow though it's supposed to be much cooler here tomorrow.

Mike

a new low of 106 for me yesterday - 51 on the front - back 9 started out rough but i was able to clean it up on the last 4

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I shot a ridiculous 93 :(

The greens had been aerated only 1 week ago, so they were super rough.

It was also 40 degrees outside with 25 mile per hour winds and no sun.

Completely sucked.

Should have never went and played.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

. . .Didn't play today. . .had to watch Tiger put another notch in his smok'n gun! Man, did you see that putt on 18? Hope to play later this week though!

Mike

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

Just finished a round today. Didn't do as well as I did on Saturday. Shot a 124. I felt good about this round just before I teed-off. When I shot a 9 on the first hole, I knew I wasn't going to have a good day.

Mike

42 on the front side of Willows. Spring has sprung (sort of).

Played much smarter than I used to - better course management, and I hit a lot more irons than usual (and it paid off, because it wasn't a spectacular short game day but I kept the ball in play the whole time).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...