IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

shot a 111 today... hahaha
54 front
57 back
okay... here are my excuses... pre round warm up consisted of a few beers... tee time was 11:20 and it was hot out... beers were a good idea at the time...
it was my first time at this course...
the first 3 tees were shanks which led to more beers...
my brother was in town for my b-day... which also contributed to the beer factor...
my bro told the guys we were partnered with that it was my b-day... so they hooked up the beers
drunk golf = 111 on the score card... im surprised i could count my scores before the turn
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Played this morning, brutal wind, 20-25mph. Putting was tough, especially downhill, downwind. Anyways, played pretty well, found it tough to score, but made a few putts to score 87. Finished off with an eagle on a par 5, which always helps.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

Kind of late but on Wednesday I shot my best ever score of 80. The course had been shut in the morning because of the classy Scottish wintery weather, which was snow, sleet and rain intermingling every couple of minutes. My usual playing partner couldn't make the round so I was set up for not playing a round anyway. The weather got better throughout mid - late morning and by lunchtime the sun was out and was like a usual Spring day.

I decided to phone the course to see if it was open and was told the positive news, I think because I was out on my own, on a round that was a surprise that I played better. My swing felt composed, yet aggressive and my course management was obviously in the right as holes where I would try to carry water would lay up and lines where I would usually refrain from aiming at I was targetting and reaping the rewards.

Overall I was and still am, happy with my game that day. I am looking eagerly at taking part in a few more comps this year and want to improve even further to reduce my h/cap as much as I can. I don't know if it is just because the Spring and good weather hangs tentatively in the air but have a good feeling about my golf just now - here's hoping it will improve and that my enthusiasm stays high

I won my comp on saturday, i shot 50 points in stableford, 24 points going out and 26 points coming in, it was a bogey free round of 63 gross on a par 69 course, so with my handicap of 8 i shot 14 under net 55

Bubba Watson

In the Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910d3 9.5* Stiff Projext X-7A3 Rescue: Taylor Made Burner TP 20* X-stiff 3 Iron: Titleist AP2 Projext X Rifle Irons: Titleist 710mb NS PRO 105T Stiff Wedges Cleveland CG12 60* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56.07 Cleveland CG14 52* Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio 2.5 (2008) Ball: Titleist Pro-V1

played a very hilly course called northlands, was snowing and was 0 degrees, by the time i got home there was 4 inches of snow on the ground. I couldnt feel my hands after the 5th hole.

I was playing with my golf coach and we both played poorly due to weather conditions and rust.

shot a 47 on 9 holes (as did my coach, says something about conditions right?) before we had to quit because of snow.

lipped out 5 putts and 3 putted 4 holes, i hate winter. :(

needless to say im not happy at all

Shot a 81 on Saturday at the local public (old farm land) course. I have been working on a few things with my swing over the past three months and the swing finally came together this weekend, but the 50-100 yard wedge shots are killing me. That's the next thing to work on...

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 80 on Friday. 38 front, 42 back. I really wish I knew how to putt.

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

83 today. Course played easy given the prevailing wind, so I was disappointed.

Incredible drought here in South Florida. It's really impacting the courses I play, hard greens and tight lies everywhere. I'm sure Doral will be immune but the typical courses are feeling it. Every day we get rumblings and dark sky then the rain stays away.

I made some nice saves from 80-110 yards today, including a Vokey 54 to within a foot from 104 yards out to save par. That's my closest shot in many rounds. But inside 60 yards I was awful. Opening the stance doesn't work for me on finesse shots. I've got too much going on with my stronger left hand wanting to control the action (lefty playing righty). The more I stay square the fewer variables and conflicting angles. More and more I'm trying to return to my old methods, before I knew too much. I played square as a teenager and my short game was very good. Let the pros and top amateurs use what's right for them.

Today's pathetic excuse: I played with my dad and he quickly borrowed my Steelhead III 9 degree driver and used it for the remainder of the round. So we were sharing the same club, handing it off on the tee. For whatever reason I started driving poorly as soon as that began. Felt weird to be standing on the tee empty handed. It's such a mental game and that irked me. At least I managed one blast on #17, another recent best on a specific hole, 290 yards albeit downwind and aided by a parched fairway. Minus influence it was more like 260. My dad needs a low lofted club since his shot balloons. Both of us like the old traditional size and shape. I should buy him a closely matched version.

My Hogan CFT Ti 4 hybrid performed well after being reinstated to the bag. I can't believe how solid the NVS 85 S shaft feels in that club, straight and true with plenty of margin for error, heel to toe. I hated NVS in a 65 R driver shaft.

Same here in Central Florida. Windy and the greens aren't holding anything. I can't believe we didn't get rain from that last cold front that rolled through.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Getting use to the new wedges of the hard fairways of Florida So yeasterday it was an 89 with one Train Wreck , Quad boggey 8 so the game is coming along nicely

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

Shot a 99 today. Have no idea how I managed to do that considering I shot 6 pars and 1 birdie. An absolute record for me.

Recorded my first ever birdie, which I was pretty excited about. Put a PW from 120 yard about 6 feet from the pin.

My hard work on the irons and driver really paid of. I was really comfortable with 6 and 7I. Unfortunately some dumb course management decisions left me with way to many 50y wedge shots, many of which I skulled. Also, I made the mistake of listening to my golf buddy when I was plugged in a greenside bunker. I wanted to play safe and just get it out on the fairway to the left (5y away), but he told me that wouldn't work and I should just go for the green (30 yards away!). The idiot I am, I listened to his 'advice' and it cost me four shots. Got back at him by saying he went past paralel on his drives.. He pushed every single drive for the last 9 holes.

Anyway. Shot 99, 1 birdie, 6 pars, 2 bogeys, 4 db, 5 other. 6 GIR, 10 FHit, 32 putts.

finally... i broke 80 today...
40 front
39 back
got my driver under control after a shank on the first tee...
irons were pushing but i aimed left most of the day to compensate...
putting wasnt too bad... its usually my weakness... but my chips and pitches were pretty close

after a great round yesterday... did terrible today...
16 over 72 for an 88
42 off the front 46 back
3 straight birdies got me thinking this was gonna be a great day... till i got to #4 and hit 2 balls in the water... things went down hill from there... started hitting everything super fat and couldnt reach gir to save my life

I tied my PB of 44 for 9 holes today, including lipping out a 3 footer on the last hole Three pars on the first four holes, which is the best start I've ever had.

Today was the first day in a while that I left the driver in the bag and it really paid off. The course I played was short and narrow, and keeping it on or near the fairway kept me from going over bogey on many holes.

Definitely found out I need to work on the short game around the green. I flubbed a couple of pitches and some others left me with too long of lags.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...