IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot +1 for 9 holes today.

I played the back 9 and started with a bogey on 10 but then pared 11, 12, 13, birdied 14, par 15, birdie 16 to get to -1. Then I did the most stupid thing I could have. I told myself "two pars and bring it home", which of course led to me playing the last two holes very defensively and bogeying them both

Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

First round of the year - 54 through 9. Cold and windy and I putted like crap. 5 three-putts. Amazing! It's the worst I've played in recent memory. It's been a little over a year since I've shot over 50, so this should be the last time for a while. I hit some good shots, but couldn't string anything together. Overall, I'm very angry. Hopefully, I'll play tomorrow and it'll be better. Good news: it can't get much worse than this.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

43-42 for a respectable 85. Was fairly cold and wet today but the round was quick and the company was good.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

79 at Torrey Pines North. Hit the ball decent, but had 4 three putts aaahhh! I can't complain though, I got to play some golf, so I'm happy.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

83; 43/40. 10 GIRs, 1 birdie, (4) 3-putts! and I didn't lose a ball the whole round. Three doubles. Hit the ball off the tee very well. Hit my irons well for the most part. I just couldn't putt... It kind of gets me that I left a few shots out there, but there's always next time. Much better than the 54 through 9 on friday. This is how I expect to play (maybe 2 shots higher).

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

38, 38, 39

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

From my tournament yesterday I shot 39-39. Absolute brutal conditions. Only way it could have been worse would have been snowing. 20 MPH winds that were constantly changing and driving rain the whole time. Had a helluva time just warming hands up. Went through 3 towels before I wasn't able to keep my grips dry with 3 holes left.

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
Sumo2 hybrid 2. X flex. 17*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:
RAC 50* Vokey 54* and 58* Cherry bomb Newport 2 35" One Black

Played my first round of the year in Michigan today. The course is a par 33, 1976 yards. Not an easy course. 1 par 5, 4 par 4s, 4 par 3s. I was not in the swing of it. I was plain stiff. Shot a 42.

42-39-81 w/ a snowman on the front could have been lower.....I can't wait till the greens are cut for the 1st time........

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

It was my first time keeping score in 2009 and I shot a 95. Feels great because I left a lot of shots out there. I missed 4-5 four foot putts and I feel like I'm extremely close to being a break-90 golfer!

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
76 (par 71) at Oak Tree .

Not bad for my first round back. Made a few decent saves, but the rust was apparent. Not with the driver though - was hitting that thing pretty far all day. Only one "bad" miss, and it was only 5-10 yards off the fairway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played the course Gleneagles from the tips (blacks)

Shot a 78 (7 over)
Had 41 on the front nine and a 37 on the back :)

hit 11/12 Fairways in Regulation 92%
hit 7/18 greens in regulation 39%
and had 29 putts

Played home course from the tips: 7,061 YDS, par 72. Shot 70 yesterday 35-35 with 6 birdies and 3 big lip outs. Went out this morning and shot 70 again. 33-37. 5 birdies, 2 3-putts, and 32 putts total. Hit 17/18 greens as well. Hopefully I'll be breaking that 66 number here soon.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Sooooo....I decided to take the day off for St.Paddy's day to play a round of golf with my dad and two friends...Well....

I BROKE 90!!!! First time ever!!!

I shot an 88 (par-71). The best part about is (well maybe the worst part) was the 8 I scored on the par-4 16th hole. I wanted to literally kill myself. I was 100 yards out and I hit my 56 degree sandwedge on the hosel and it went way right into the water.

But I told myself, "be strong, you can recover, play your game, focus on the next shot, trust your game." I finished 17 and 18 with two pars. Unreal. I haven't even been playing a year yet and I just broke 90. I feel absolutely amazing right now!!!

I feel like this forum had something to do with my improved play. There are lot of golfers on here who know what they're talking about and I read their posts and practice their advice on the range. Thank you for that. And thank you to me for keeping my composure down that final stretch of holes. I've never been so nervous playing golf before, looking at my scorecard and realizing how close I was to breaking 90. I can't believe I pulled it off. Now, time to celebrate with some beers! Best St.Patrick's Day Ever.

EDIT: If anyone is wondering, I've never had a golf lesson. However, that doesn't mean I do not study this game like crazy. Youtube lessons from Shawn Clement, Ben Hogan's Five Lessons, Golf Digest, Tiger's "How I Play Golf," and just tons of practice after work....and practicing with a purpose! And the Golf Channell on Demand has great Playing Lessons with the Pros episodes on it. All these things brought me to today. Hard work produces results in this game, that is for damn sure. So happy right now. Cloud 9 I believe is the phrase.

Constantine

18 today, course was slammed busy. Slow go, but I just stayed in the present and hit every stroke confidently (I recently re-read Golf is a Game of Confidence - and am currently reading Golf is not a Game of Perfect ).

Three birdies, three bogeys and a triple bogey. Shot 75.

80 degrees on St Patrick's Day! Spring has sprung.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I shot a 72 with one eagle, three birdies, twelve pars, a double and a triple

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”