IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

played 9 today... it stopped raining at around 11:30am... so there was alot of casual water on the course... very sloppy conditions...
shot a 42... not bad...
every wedge shot slung mud in the general direction of my face...
lots of plugged balls... nasty water in the cups... puddles in the traps...
managed to avoid all the deep water and all the sand...
besides the greens being slow... they were easy to read... didnt have a 3 putt all round
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Went out this past Sunday for the first time of the year. Shot a 43. I was impressed by that since I haven't hit a ball since mid-November.

Fairways - 6/7
GIR - 1/9
Putts - 15

Didn't hit a lot of green's since I was just getting used to my irons. But luckily I made a lot of great pitches to tap-in range. Also made a lot of knee-knockers. Hopefully it's going to be a great year.

Started of with a 9 on the opening par 5 - OUCH! Finished the front with a 51

Got my sh*t together on the backside with a 40, for a 91....

as usual a tale of two cities, look out if I can ever get my swing going on both sides.

Played today.
Shot a 75 (4 over) 38 front and 37 on the back
11/12 fairways in regulation - 98%
8/18 greens in regulation -44%
31 putts

Shot an 88 yesterday (St. Patrick's Day).

First:
- Back to back birdies
- Multiple birdies in a round (2)
- Time being under par through 3 holes
- Time being even par through 4 holes

This was at Rancho Park. I birdied hole 2: driver, 5-wood, ~12 foot putt. I didn't think hole 2 gave up birdies! And I backed it up with a birdie on hole 3, too.

Too bad I missed a 4-foot par putt on hole 1. But I promised myself I wouldn't let it get to me - and it didn't!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played my home course for a recorded round for the first time this year. I scored a miserable 98. I played every shot down, took every penalty, no gimmies, mulligans, etc.

I had four triple bogies, two double bogies, two pars, ten bogies. It was not a pretty round, although it was a magnificent day. I actually lowered my handicap a bit last year to GHIN 14.9. Other some decent driving, you would never have guessed I was a mid handicapper by my play yesterday.

But, hope springs eternal as the shoots pushing through the dirt.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Shot 72 while hacking it around. 2 birdies and 2 bogeys and a lot of missed putts.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Played 9 yesterday and shot a 36! First time shooting par and from the tips to boot!!! I'm officially stoked about golf season being here...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

wow... i had a beautiful day... ugly score... hahaha
only played 9... shot a 53... everything was ugly today except the weather...
driver was working really well... i only missed 1 f/w
2nd shots were killing me... duffing middle of the fairway great lies...
3rd shots were money and the lies were terrible... weird...
putting was on and off... 1 putted a 12 footer... 4 putted another
distance control was terrible... course seemed longgg

Shot my best round yet today. 83 at the local private course.

Could have broke 80 but I had 2 double bogeys and a 3 putt on the 18th.

My Bag:
Driver: R11

Irons: Titliest MB

Wedge: vokey
Putter: rosa

Balls: whatever I can find

78 last night in record time. Tee'd off @ 5PM and finished @ 7:20.

3 freaking doubles.

They FINALLY cut the greens. Man that was nice. Not as fast as the will be, but the rolled so much better than last weekend.

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Shot 73 today, 40-33 with 33 putts. It was a struggle until 10 when I found my swing and had 3 birdies in a row. Need to just get those putts down.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

shot an 83 on aerated greens... couldnt believe it...
driver was obeying my commands... missed 4 f/w but not that bad...
got a handle on my new woods sorta... they werent pushing as bad as usual...
irons gave me a lil trouble but went relatively where i wanted...
wedges were killing me... hammer time...
hybrids were money...
aside from the ugly greens... and the slow play of the 4-5 groups in front of me... it was pretty fun

I'm sucking outright. 96 yesterday and 98 today.

I can not make a proper swing with this confounded knee brace on...but fear taking it off right now.

I'd rather wear it and compensate than not play at all.

Putting and chipping for both rounds have been very solid. Drives are either really decent line and carry just short (230-245) from having to swing easy to big drives with big cuts that find trouble right.

Using that hybrid a hell of a lot....luckily it's versatile.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I hit the ball relatively poorly today and shot 84, but it included an extreme highlight. I holed out a pitching wedge for an eagle from 118 yards on a 549 yard par 5.

Sixth hole: I hit a line drive tee shot into the left rough near a tree. My 3 wood recovery wasn't bad since I needed right to left but it was overcooked and lost some distance, bounding into the left rough again. I had 118 which meant I had to take a bit off my Apex Grind E wedge. Pin was front left, the bottom of the cub not visible down a little swale.

Actually it wasn't the sweetest feeling shot. My right hand jarred slightly in the South Florida rough and I was wringing my hand a little bit while watching the ball radar the pin. I knew it was close, within 5 feet, but not until I got about halfway there in the cart a couple of minutes later was I sure it had to be in. My playing partners were wonderfully oblivious, concentrating on their upcoming shots, none of them yet on the green. I finally said something like, "My ball must be in the hole because I don't see it."

One jerk volunteered it could be in the back bunker. What a farce. That was 40 feet behind the pin, and left of the angle my shot took. I waited until everyone chipped on before I walked up and saw my lovely ball tucked in the front left corner of the cup.

It was the longest shot I've holed in decades -- never had a hole in one -- yet my friends barely congratulated me. One hand shake, which seemed a bit reluctant and forced.

Played 9 and shot 39 Ughhhh........

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Shot 87 today at LSU, finally got some good swings with my R7 SQ, but had trouble with my short chips. Could have been a lot better. Had 4 one putts and one no putt

Brandon

R7 460 SuperQuad driver
G5 3 wood
Rescue Mid 2H R7 3-AW Vokey Spinned Milled 60* White Hot Tour #5 Burner TP