IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Ugh. I shot 53 for nine today, really frustrating since I had a 44 on Wednesday. My big problem (especially on the course I played today) is that I often end up blowing up the first two holes, do somewhat less poorly on the 3rd, and then start playing better. I was +9 after the first three holes today That was without even any penalty strokes!

Oh well, I still had some good shots, and there is always next time!

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Interesting 9 hole round yesterday. Shot a 38. Tee-2-green was fantastic (6 of 7 fairways and 7 greens-both missed greens were on the fringe). 7 pars and 2 bogies. 18 putts..nuff said. Greens are still bumpy, kind of like putting on pea-gravel. Yesterday was also the first day with my new flat stick.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Hi all

I shot 91 today in 20ish mph wind :)

I also got my first ever EAGLE! WOOOT!

It was the Par 5 second hole, I holed out with a half-swung sand wedge from around 40 yards! I judged the distance and wind perfectly lol! Shot of my life!

Had too many Doubles today unfortunately, going again tomorrow :D

in the bag

Driver: Burner 2007 9.5 Stiff Fujikura ReAx
Woods: 15 degree 3 wood steel shaft
Irons: MX-200 Irons 4-PWWegdes: Sand Wedge 56.13 60.07 Tour ChromePutter : Rossa Lambeau 34"Ball: Srixon AD333

shot an 83 yesterday. Not bad for me considering the number of soda's consumed...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

Today was very good, 37-41=78 in a Miami wind that sometimes seemed like four clubs.

I hit 3 balls on the range and they were so flush I quit immediately. Luckily it carried over to the course and I played beyond my current capability for most of the front nine.

We've had some rain the past few days so the greens were softer and some of the chips shots not as impossible.

Today my key was going back to my old trusty Cobra oversize 17 degree driving iron whenever it was 195-215. That's always been my best club in terms of sweet spot contact. Lately my 7 wood has not been as cooperative.

I simply have a much better chance when that driving iron is in my hands, although I don't get as much height off the turf as a few years ago. On #18 I was 214 out in light rough on the left side of a long par 4, strong wind left to right with a lake fronting the left side. I trusted the driving iron and hit a nice line drive that found the right greenside bunker, about 30 feet from the pin. Not great but the chances of equalling that with a hybrid or fairway wood were almost nil.

3 putted the first 3 holes today : (

really took the wind out of my sails. later missed a 4' birdie and then threw in another 3 putt for an 81. although i did hit a par 5 in 2 for the first time in 60 rounds. i'm not a long hitter, maybe 235 avg. ok, that's a lie. it was about 18" off the green on the fringe. but goddammit, thats close enough!!

I shot an average round of 85 today. The front 9 was one of my worst played in recent memory. Shot 46 on the front. (10 over) The back 9 was my best 9 I have ever played. 3 over for a 39. 1 birdie and 4 bogeys.

I also hit my first drive over 300 yards! And it wasn't even a tail wind or downhill... or cement.

My Bag:
Driver: R11

Irons: Titliest MB

Wedge: vokey
Putter: rosa

Balls: whatever I can find

shot a 39 with 0 fairways :D looks like a particular part of my game could use some work LOL

driver: taylormade r7 superquad
woods: taylormade r7 tp 3 wood, r7 steel 4 wood, hybrid 2
irons: taylormade rac lt
wedges: taylormade tp
putter: scotty cameron santa fe

shot an 81 today... so damn close to breaking 80 :(
44/37
started off the back cuz the greensguys were tending the front this morning
driving was terrible... only hit 5 fw's all missed to the right
approach shots were money... lots of 1 putts...
absolutely no bunkers or water... very few chunks that went relatively straight... great misses at least they advanced to the hole... all in all... besides it being kinda cold out... i had fun
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Pulled out an 25+ year old Wilson Staff 8813 putter today and had my pro put on a new grip. Went out and shot a 1 over 73 today. Putted very well. I have been putting with a belly putter but just needed a change. I putted with a blade putter as a kid and this sure made me feel like a kid again. Going to keep it in the bag for awhile.

It will probably feel like a shoval next time I play.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

first action on a golf course(i've been to the range) this year and i shot a 45 on 9 holes.

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

35 at home course all pars sadly no birds

Chris Nunes,17 yrs old

In My Bag:
Woods:Nike Sasquatch Tour Model (Driver), Nike Sumo 3 wood
Irons: Callaway X-Forged (Project X 6.0)Wedge: Callaway C Grind 58 degree,Titleist Volkey 54 degree (oil can)Putter Cleveland Classic 2 or Scotty Cameron Santa Fe teryllium "Everyday you miss practicing it...

Played another Florida course today,Lake Orlando,shot a 92 in a stiff breeze behind 4 of the slowest golfer's I have ever seen. Making my self slow down and learn patience. Nice course, priced right just way to crowded and all the groups where extremely slow. But it beats work.

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

I shot a 138 today. 70 on the front and 68 on the back at Rivers bend golf club in Chester Virginia. I figure if I could get some feel for the short iron shots, I could get it down to the 110's...