IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot 47 on Sunday. I was happy because 5 of the holes faced a 30 mph head wind which made reaching par 4's in 2 a real chore. FYI hitting hybrids into a head wind is hard to do. The ground was also soaked from 4 days worth of rain so there was no roll out to help with distances either. I didnt 3 putt at all so over all I was happy with my second outing of golf for this year.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

I shot 81 yesterday does that count?

Whats in the bag?
Driver = Wishon Golf 949mc 9.75*/.5* Closed Face Angle
Fairway Wood = Wishon Golf 915 F/H 16* Square Face Angle
Wood Shafts = Wishon Golf Pro Flight EXP 85g Stiff Flex
Hybrids = Wishon Golf 331H 21* & 24*Hybrid Shafts = Wishon Golf GI335 Tour Weight 92g Stiff FlexIrons = Wishon...

20 mph sustained winds today, gusts up to ridiculousness. The wind was definitely affecting putts today, and playing havoc with everything in the air. I hit a full swing 5 iron directly into the wind on a 147 yard par 3...

Anyway, The front 9 was five pars, three bogies and one birdie (38). The back 9 was 5 pars, two bogies and two doubles (42) = 80. Back tees - 73.8/131 course - The back 9 wind was brutal.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I shot 80 yesterday in vastly different weather conditions than have been the norm in South Florida this year. We had virtually no wind but it was hot and muggy, the first day with a hint of summer. Although yesterday will feel like a dive into a pool compared to actual summer conditions here.

I'm playing better than normal so it's frustrating not to throw something into the mid 70s. That hasn't happened this year. Yesterday the putts slid past the hole and there was early evidence:

#1 -- 15 foot birdie putt looked down with a foot to go then tilted wildly right and missed on low side

#2 -- joke. I was 111 out in two on a 570 yard par 5, right center of fairway, then took a 7. I was walking off the green chuckling at how Johnny Miller and crew would have called that one. Actually it was simple: Pulled wedge into fluffy bermuda near bunker, 20 feet left of green. Chunky chip into even deeper stuff. Over correct and roar to back fringe. Two putt

#3 -- another birdie putt slid past, this one from 20 feet

I've learned I need to be more aggressive with my Vokey wedges, 54 and 58. That's what stood out yesterday. Without the wild winds I could finally concentrate on 60-105 shots and play something normal. Bigger divot and more height was working great. I birdied 17 with a 58 to 5 feet from 81 yards. But all that allowed was a waste on #18, chance to break 80 with a par but I thinned my bunker shot 30 feet past the hole. I'm marvelous at taking too little sand.

• Administrator
77 at Whispering Woods , and as the note says, thank goodness I have a short game.

A re-telling of my iron shots today would go as follows:

#1, yank a 6I long and left
#2, thin a teed 6I onto the green
#6, toe a teed 5I short right into bunker
#8, fat 9I well short of green
#9, slightly toed PW
#10, fat 7I well short of green.
#11, decent teed 7I
#13, fat/right 7I.
#14, good teed 4I
#16, fat PW
#17, fat 9I

Any missing holes had no full iron shots. My short game (1/2, 3/4 sand wedges and chips/pitches) was good. Accounted for three birdies, all from close range.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 over for an 88...
10 over front
6 over back
missed 5 fw's
3 girs
one 3 putt
4 double bogeys on the front killed me
had one incredible drive that was wasted by a horrible approach shot that ended in a double bogey...
lost 2 balls trying to be too aggresive over water...
found a fw bunker on #10 but had a great out... its been a long time since ive been on the beach
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I played at Rivers Bend Golf Club in Chester Virginia today. It was 70 degrees and very little wind. My game today was a much better. I shot a 119 as opposed to the 138 I shot last week. I drove with some consistency and my iron play was a little bit better than normal. I still cannot putt or do anything well from 100 yards in.

I have now played 15 rounds of golf since beginining to play last year. I can see some improvement and the game is finally becoming enjoyable.

I played a course I have never played before, Farmington Hills Golf Club in Farmington Hills, MI. Shot a 92. Had a few shot I have wiped out of my memory banks, but have added a few other to the permanent memory. Had a blind shot from the rough behind a hill. Hit a 6-iron on to the green and 1 putted. Wish I had 17 more shots that good that for me to remember.

Since I started playing golf:

Statistics before today: 4 birdies.

Statistics after today: 7 birdies.

To top that off, I had 12 putts on the back nine.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

6 Under par today, best part, bogey free! Man that was fun! Started off 3 under after 5, had a 3-putt par and missed a birdie from about 2 feet. But, who cares? I was on fii~iire!!!

Since I started playing golf:

Cool! Birdies are fun.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Indeed they are!!!

Wish I took real advantage of it though. Ended up with an 88. I birdied a par 3,4,5... it was great. I also had two 8's and a 7 on a par 4.

My game has gone from horribly erradic, to consistent bogeys....... lately it's been lotsa pars and triples or worse.... today was birdies and quadruples. Can't wait til I get rid of those blowups!

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

On Saturday I gouged out a 79, not all bad for my first round of the year but still a minor disappointment. Went back out Sunday afternoon for nine holes and shot a smooth 1 over par 37. Hit the ball great on Sunday, getting closer to my goals.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Shot a stinkin 51 on the front 9 @ Par Country Club here in Texas...Stunk it up..Stunk it up REAL bad

i15 irons with stiff shafts
R9 Driver, 9.5* stiff shaft
R9 3 wood, regular shaft
wedges 52, 56, 60
White Ice Sabertooth putter hoofer bagAdidas Tour 360 4.0 shoes

39 in 39 out = 78. Putting and driving were off today. Two 3-jacks, 33 putts total. Only hit 6 of 14 fairways.

shot 5-over 41 for nine. probably my best round ever.

4/9 fairways hit
6/9 greens in regulation
18 putts

1 birdie, 4 pars, 2 bogeys, 2 double bogeys

par 3's(2 holes): +2
par 4's(5 holes): +3
par 5's(2 holes): E

can anyone critique my game based on the numbers?

39 in 39 out = 78. Putting and driving were off today. Two 3-jacks, 33 putts total. Only hit 6 of 14 fairways.

I quoted myself, because I posted this after my morning 18. Then I went to work (until 4:30), then (since my wife has a meeting until 9:00) I ripped through another 18. This round - I played alone - was far better.

35 in 37 out = even 72. birdied 3 holes, bogeyed 3 holes. Driving was back on (hit 11 fw), putting was better (29 putts). - The 18 only took 2 hours & 15 minutes.

Shot 94 on a par 70. 48 in 46 out. First time I played from the back tees on a new course.

Found every lake on the course.. Had some terrible drives and approach shots, but my short game saved me from utter doom. I really really need to start using stiff shafts, because my current driver flops all over the place. New club (Tour Burner 9.5, fujikura e360 stiff) will arrive this Saturday. Can't wait to use it. It's been windy (15-20 mph) for the last couple of weeks, which is really starting to annoy me.

5 Par, 6 B, 6 DB, 1 blow-up (10), 31 putts, 50% FHit, 16% GIR, 4 penalties(!!)

shot 18 over... for a 90...
started on the back which kicked my ass... 12 over...
front was better... shot a 6 over...
hit 6 fw's :(
only 2 girs :(
5 pars... 9 bogeys... 3 doubles... and a triple...
all the doubles and the triple were on the back...
didnt get a hold of my game till after the 6th hole i played... saw alot of topped shots... didnt lose any balls tho... thats a good thing...
pitched in for par on #2... birdies are nonexistent and i had a few opportunities that i couldnt convert...
at least i played better than the guy i was partnered with :)
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing