IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

41 on Friday with an OB penalty. Only made two putts...ball striking was good though....

47/47 for 94 on Saturday. Approx. 45-50° with what had to be around 20-30 mph winds. At one point I hit a full 9 iron into the wind that went ~40yds.....No that's not my best shot of the week.

Well, didn't shoot today, but a few days ago, I scrambled with my brother and we shot a 7 over on 14 holes. Which was a vast improvement from 11 over the day before with another friend of mine. Was an excellent day for us with great weather. Hope everybody's weekend went great.

Man it feels good to get back out on a course.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Only played 9 today. Shot 38. Three bogeyes, one birdie.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Played my first 09 round today on a 9 Hole course.
With 23mph winds, it was a real struggle out there and it was a really mishap of shots, mixed in with a few decent ones.

Highlights of the round include, getting on a Par 5 in 3
but 3 putting for a Bogey.

Funniest part of my round had to be hitting a 6Iron onto a Par 3, 145yard whole and missing by 10 yards off the green. Either the wind was that strong, or I really am struggling for power..

Out tomorrow and hopefully some improvements, or less wind at least. :)

Overall, the shots are almost there, almost but I need to be able to play in strong winds and not choke or worry about hitting into a par 5 with galeforce winds.

I shot a 42 (+7) over nine holes this afternoon with four pars, four bogeys, and a triple bogey. Short game was fairly sold today as were my irons. My driver hung me out to dry on a bunch of holes unfortunately. My tee height changes so much every single time I play which makes it really hard to have confidence with that club.

However, the big highlight of the day was on the 1st hole. My tee shot hit the cart path twice and added an extra 50 yards to my drive, giving me my first 300 yard drive. It was total bullshit obviously, but it was still cool having a half swing sand wedge for my second shot.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

79. (40, 39).
Front - 4 bogeyes, 5 pars. (3 three-putts...)
Back - 2 doubles, one birdie, 6 pars.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

shot a 40 on wedsday on the home course 70.2 127 6200 yards good round to start the season of on

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Yesterday's 9 hole round went this way...

55 and sunny with conditions that could be best described as "swampy." I demoed a new driver with some surprising results.

#1: Playing into a 15mph wind, I hit the driver and it went straight and about 190. I next hit a 3i that's been doing pretty well on the range and that went straight as an arrow and 180 yards leaving me a short pitch of 30 yards into the green. The chip was woefully short with the wet ground. 2 putts from 27 feet and it's an opening bogey 5.

#2: Driver goes straight again about 215 yards and easily clears the left side of the lake. From 140 downwind I hit 8i, should have hit the 9 instead. I'm over the green, but still short of the back bunker. A sixty foot downhill chip is left 17 feet short and it's another 2 putt bogey.

#3: It's hard for a mere mortal to shank a driver 40 yards off the tee and ob, but not for me. The next drive is a skyball that goes 100 yards into the left trees. After taking relief from casual water, I hit a nice punch out with the 7i. My fifth shot with a 4i leaves me about 200 yards into the wind and still needing to avoid the two lakes. Shot #6 with the 4i is well struck, but right of the green and the right bunker. It's a nice uphill lie though and the long chip is about 20 feet from the pin. A nice straight uphill putt is nailed into the back of the cup for a spiffy 8. This hole has been a disaster all three times I've played it, but I've felt good walking to the 4th tee each time.

#4: 7i is pin high, but pulled 20 yards left. I try a high lob, but it lands a little short of the green and stays there. It did leave me with an easy uphill chip of 20 feet that stops six inches from the hole. bogey

#5: Driver goes straight again about 215 yards just in front of the right fairway bunker. Uphill shot with a 9i is really good, the pitch mark is ten feet right of the hole and pin high. Sadly, the ball has rolled down the right slope and I have a 27 foot uphill putt. 2 putts later, I have a nice routine par.

#6: One nice thing I keep saying as I return to golf is "this can't be me up here." A driver I thought didn't go very far winds up 210 and in the middle of the fairway. I try to leave myself at the top of the hill for the approach, but the 4i slices a little too much. 100 yards to the pin, again on the far left side, from the right rough. I first pulled my sand wedge, then remembered that it's not 52* like the old days it's 56.* I get the 52* gap wedge and stick it 18 feet right of the pin. I charge the birdie putt and it misses on the high side about 4 feet past. That goes in the back of the cup for a second par in a row.

#7: My 4i clears the lake, hits a tree trunk and bounces back into the lake. I don't care about the geese, one of these days I'm paving this lake over. The next 4i goes into the right rough. The fourth shot with an 8i is pulled left into a bunker. I attempt an actual explosion shot, but it barely gets out. I chip from 80 feet to 8 and make another good putt for a 7.

#8 8i pulled in the left bunker and into a buried lie. Lot's of green to work with though and an uphill lie. Nice little punch and the ball rolls three feet past the cup and that gets made for another par.

#9 The driver hits off the heel a bit, but straightens out and goes 185 up the hill and into the fairway. A 3 wood is badly hooked well left and short of the green. It's about a 50 yard shot up to the plateau green with a sw. The wind helps a well struck shot about 50 feet past the pin and off the green. The chip is hit a bit too hard and 23 feet past. Two putts later its a double bogey.

47 shots
14 putts
5 fairways out of 7, I've had months with 5 hit fairways, I think the chances of this driver sticking are good
2/9 GIR, 5/9 GIR +1
sand saves 1/2
time of the round as a walking twosome: 80 minutes

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

love the detail, when you put a lot into writing a post, good to know someone is reading them!

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

love the detail, when you put a lot into writing a post, good to know someone is reading them!

I'm no Herbert Warren Wind, but thank you.

I think I'll have my chipping figured out just in time for the putter to go on vacation.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I got 86 (+15) today which is around average for me but i got 40 on the front 9 and 46 on the back 9. So went from good to bad with in the 18 holes

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Shot 81 yesterday. 3 birdies on the front paired with a 2 doubles and a triple (hazard ). Ended up going 41-40. So close to breaking 80.

Brandon

R7 460 SuperQuad driver
G5 3 wood
Rescue Mid 2H R7 3-AW Vokey Spinned Milled 60* White Hot Tour #5 Burner TP

107. Was slicing the short irons pretty bad which isn't really normal for me. Getting off the tee box pretty well. We'll try it again tomorrow.

Shot an 83. This is the first full round of golf that I've played since shoulder surgery. I've been to the range a few times, but this was the first go at 18 holes.

Driver was good, irons were good, chipping was good...50-120 yard game was horrible. Why I inevitably push my SW and GW, I don't know, but it's getting on my nerves.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

• Administrator
81 yesterday at Tam O'Shanter in PA, 78 today at Lake View that showed some promise.

Looking forward to my lesson (potentially next Tuesday).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A better round today, my 2nd round of 2009 and shot a 88 on a par 66 course. I'm aiming for making great bounds this year , but I am delighted with the score in the very tough conditions. Links Course with 21mph winds. Stepping onto a Par 5 520 yard hole into the wind, to make a 6 was certainly a highlight of the round after my tee ball sking to the left.