IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

8 pars and a bogie on the front = 37
6 pars and 2 birdies on the back = 35

A tidy 72. Short game was on during the front (only hit 4 of 9 greens). Hit the ball much better on the back. I hope I keep it up…our clubs 3rd round of our match play tournament is Saturday. My opponent is a horse and seldom makes mistakes.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Shot a 105, had a wonderful 56 on the front, the guy I was playing against was having an awful day so I think I kinda lost concentration a bit. He left after 9 and I continued with people that are much better than I and shot a 49. Didnt lose a ball, but more importantly had a good time.

40/41 through 34 - 9 Holes.

40/41 is because, I'm unsure if one shot was played from out of bounds or not. So, I'll go with 41 - fantastic stuff, after a double bogey, and bogey on my first two holes.
It's getting there... It's getting there..
I just feel that I am a few shots away from a storming round, I'll take this round and continue to work away..

who knows what the next round brings, mind you..

87 for the first 18.

46 for the evening 9.

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

7 over for a 79...
5 over front...
2 over back...
i was in a zone today... just beat up the course like a beast...
played from 2 diff sets of tees... due to playing partners...
front my partner played from the middle tees and he left after 9...
back 9 i played from the tips and i have no clue why i play better from further back...
had 5 pars in a row for the first time ever...
too many birdie opps that didnt drop... and 2 almost eagles...
shoulda got even par or better today... but ill take what i got
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I took 12 days off due to the June heat.

I played 9 each evening Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and shot 44, 45 and 47. I was pretty solid tee to green, but the short game was getting worse by the hole.

Today, with cloudy skies and a July 1 high of 68, I played the Blue Course at the University of Illinois. The round took about 2 hours and 45 minutes with a 15 minute snack. The course was filling rapidly when I left and it will be a long time before I get a sub four hour round here again.

As for the round itself... 42+43=85

It was my best round of the year by four strokes.

1 birdie on #2, 5 pars and only 2 doubles

Fairways: 1/13 (5 of the misses were within two yards of the fairway)
GIRs: 3/18
GIR +1: 9/18
putts: 11+13=24 !

I still can't hole anything though, only one putt made was longer than 5 feet and it was the 12 footer for birdie. My chipping seems to LOVE this course though.

If my arms are still functional, I may play another 9 tomorrow. The Top Flite XL ball has made it through all 45 holes this week, can it get to 54 holes? Will it find a watery grave? Will it be lost in the deep dark woods of #5 where I almost lost it Monday?

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

77! After not swinging a club for 9 days (except for back yard practice).

It was on a par 60 executive course though so it was only +17. It brought my cap down a tiny bit, but not by much because with a slope of 93 the differential was still 21.26

Still though, only 2 doubles ain't bad for me. We'll see if I can stick a better than bogey round on a 113+ course in the next week or two.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

Started the day with a par then went all downhill afterwards. First tee, hit a hybrid so I don't go OB and hit the green from 190 out with another hybrid shot. Didn't 3-putt any holes today but 2-putted every single hole so that is good and bad. Had my longest drive ever today with no help from the wind but a slight downhill for 299 yards according to my GPS. Drove the ball quite a lot better than I usually do but of course doesn't mean I didn't have my duffs. Total of 85 shots without any triple bogeys, which means to say I just played badly but didn't blow any holes up. I guess you could call it consistently bad.

« Keith »

I shot my 2nd round of golf ever at my local 9 hole par 3.

Bogey 1st hole
Double Bogey 2nd hole
Bogey 3rd hole
.... 4th hole (really bad, Quad Bogey)
Triple bogey 5th hole
Par 6th hole
Bogey 7th hole
Double Bogey 8th hole
Par 9th hole

anyone know how to compute that into a score?

I need to work on chipping, and playing golf in general lol, i used my 8 iron and putter for the whole course too haha

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

104..played good to end the round 2 pars and a bogey but reall struggled in the middle of the round because of the slow players in front of me..I couldn't get anything going having to wait for 5-10 min. between shots (it seemed like) cause they had to line up every shot.

Oh well I'm happy, I am very confident I will break 100 next time I play that course.

47 last night. Solid putting and bunker shots saved me from a much higher number again. Chipping, pitching, and irons were hit and miss again. I am aiming for bunkers now to have a better chance to save par.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

94. Driver was good, pitching was good, chipping terrible and just about every approach into the green >100 yds was short. These new irons average a club short from my last ones.

In the bag:

-Driver: R9 9.5* MWT: Left FCT: NeutUp
-3w: Fusion 3w
-Hybrid: 585h 19*, 585h 24*-Irons: 755 Forged 5-PW-Wedges: Vokey 52.08* | 56.12* | 60.06-Putter:-Ball: DT | ProV1

I played 18 yesterday, and ended up shooting 104. Short game and putting was my downfall as always, my drives were booming, and on one downhill par 5, I was putting for eagle. Missed narrowly, but I can't wait to play that course again, and maybe get an eagle this time.

In the carry bag:
'07 Burner 10.5 Driver (S Flex)
Hyper X 5 Wood
J33CB 4-PW Irons (S Flex)
Vokey 54-10 Spin Milled Watson 08 60 Lob Wedge G5i Blade

109 Last weekend. 48 on the front and blew up on the back. 3 pars on the day which is my best so far.

102 yesterday on a new to me course. I was actually pretty happy with it and can clearly see where my score will be coming down. I've got my 40 yards in down pretty solid and most of my drives are good. It just that second shot off the fairway and some putting that needs work. 3 putted almost all the holes :(

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

85 today. Drove a lot better than normal (first round with my new baby after some range time). Only hit 4 fairways but my misses were usually in the first cut as opposed to in real trouble. The rest of my game... let me down. Only 6 GIR (2 of them 3 putts...) and 3/8 up and downs. Yuck...

Shot 50 today. Played better than the score shows.
Started with two bogeys on par 4s. I need to work on my accuracy on my approach shots. My ball striking is not the greatest, and I tend to pull my iron shots.
Only 2/7 FIR but my misses were close to the fairway in the first cut of rough.
One of my missed fairways was a straight, 260 yard drive that landed about five yards past the first fairway on the par 5 3rd. There was water up the right side of the second fairway and of course, my ONLY pushed iron of the day was on that shot. Ended the hole with my only three putt of the day and posted a 9. Wish I could play that one over.
Overshot the green on the par 3 5th, got up and down for a nice par.
Par 4 6th hole hit a 3hi about 190 (off the toe of the club, too) down the middle of the fairway to the 150 stake. Hit my approach shot slightly fat and had about 15-20 yards to the green, ended up with a two putt.
Seventh hole par 4, pulled my 4hi off the tee to the treeline to about 160. My ball was resting against a small tree and I struggled to hit out. Third stroke, Didn't have a clear shot at the green so tried to lay up with a 9i....hit it fat and pulled it into the water hazard. Tripled that hole.
The par 3 8th was posted as 105 yards...the center of the green was MAYBE 80-85 yards. I hit a soft PW and still knocked it 20 yards past the green into some small trees and ended up with a double.
Last hole was a straight 500 yard par 5. Hit a straight (yet very high) drive about 230 yards. Second shot 4hi to about 90 yards. My approach shot flew the green and landed awkwardly about 4 inches from the back lip of a deep bunker. I was lucky to escape from the bunker, chipped on and putted in for a 6.
I'm going to try and schedule my first lesson next week and figure out what's wrong with my ball striking. On my good drives, I'm making contact with the ball directly below the sweet spot on the bottom of the clubface. On my mishits, I'm hitting way out on the toe.
If I can fix that, and stop pulling my iron shots, I'll be in better shape.