IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played at 6:30 today and shot a 91. Almost no one on the course.
Front 9: 48. Driving was off and so was my putting. Only hit 2 fairways and 3 GIR's and 21 putts.
Back 9: 43. Played much better. was able to scramble and save a couple pars. Wedges were on fire. Hit 3 fairways and 3 GIRS. 17 putts.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

got in 36, 79-77 today first time I have broken 80 in 15 years and then did it back to back. Unfortunately it was on a 65/107 course, but its a tricky little track, still requires golf shots.

A 44 that included a snowman+1

I guess those "blow-up" holes are not banished yet. But I think I may have learned how to recognize the signs that one is about to develop. In this case, a bad tee shot, followed by a long 5 iron sent to the woods, was followed by a couple of failed punch outs, before the third one worked its wayout, then a sand wedge that bounced off the end of the green, followed by a slightly overzealous but OK chip and a two putt.

Next time, I chip out the clear, easy way back to the fairway even if it means going backwards or sideways. (I say that now )

Highlight was making par on the last hole, a par 4 dogleg right that in the past had been my nemesis. I was helped out a bit by a "tree wedge." I guess they even out, since last week a tree swallowed one of my balls whole.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Played Friday and Today, -
40 on Fri and 41 Today -

9 Holes - 34 -

It's coming to place and I'm at a place where I feel very happy with my progress. Still the odd mistake, but my GIRs are making me very ambitious and happy.

shot 6 over today in some slight rain...
striping balls today... only one severe pull...
i shoulda shot even par if it wasnt for my putting...
pretty much forced to play target golf and was up to the task...
why cant i play like this every day?
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

shot a 95 today 50-45
had a 9 on first hole!
also had a 8 and a 7 in the round.

3 blow up holes

11 strokes over in 3 holes and a bunch of double bogeys. 3pars and a birdie.

OK. Two-under net after 9.

A less competiive day, after Captain's Day yesterday (net level, if you're interested!)

80 on par 67. Drove the ball quite well, had a stretch of holes where I wasn't striking my irons/hybrids well. Still hitting a lot of pitches fat trying to be aggressive since the greens were so baked out today.

« Keith »

83 on a par 72 (6500yd)
Drove it great, not a good day on the greens though (4 3-putts)
Started with a smooth triple bogey on the first hole too
2 birdies

Talk about switching gears.

95 on Friday.
80 on Sunday.

I was +3 through 15 and then went double, double, bogey.

Was even on the last hole in regulation. Mr. 3 Wiggle reared his ugly head.

Nothing about my game was really spectacular, but it was pretty solid in all phases.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

I shot a 78/par 72 on friday and a 74/par 71 yesterday. My putting is terrible right now. I probably missed 8-10 birdie putts within 10 feet on those two rounds. Hopefully my swing changes are starting to catch on.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

95 (par 69). It's my first round in 8 years, so I'm not too upset. Plenty of room for improvement!

Positives: only 35 putts, even after three unnecessary 3-putts late in the round, and my short game in general was pretty good. When I caught my other shots properly, I got good shape and distance.

Negatives: everything else. Blocked shots, slices, and hitting fat is a real problem. Only PW, LW, and putter were working properly. I cut my swing down to 3/4 on the back 9 and did a lot better, but still a bit inconsistent.

I had a real problem with short-iron club selection. Either the yardages are short on this course (Lenzie) , or I'm hitting a clean 7-iron 160 yards, and a 6-iron 180 yards (with a 10ft drop).
In the bag: Titleist 909D2 9.5°, 906F2 15°, 585H 17°, AP2 710 3âPW, Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.12, Studio Select Newport 33", Pro V1X.
Home course: Lenzie Golf Club. Working on: ball striking.

shot a 89 on friday.......shot a 91 on saturday then exploded on sunday and shot a 103....worst round of golf in a long time

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

On Friday, I shot an 83, 40/43 on a 37/35 course. Best round ever for me, especially at this course, as I usually play horrible here.

Oddly enough, I wasn't striking the ball that well (only 4 GIR), but I was getting up and down like a madman on the front nine, made no mistakes and didn't loose any balls.

R9 SuperTri 10.5*
Exotics XCG-3 4W 16.5*
Idea Pro 18* and/or 20*
i15
X-Tour 54/60PM Trinidad TP Black LDPAll in a SCB and MicroCart

Shot a 78 today (my best 18 ever) 37-41

On the front 9 I only really made two mistakes. On hole #5, a 200 yard par 3 with a back pin I smoked a 4 iron to within 5-6 feet, just past the hole. The putt was downhill and our greens at my home club are pretty quick, but I really wanted birdie there (I was -1 at that point) and got too aggressive and put it way past the hole and missed the putt coming back for par. Then on #7 there is water about 220-230 out (a little creek) and I have enough distance to carry over it plus I had a tailwind but for whatever reason I tried to crush it and popped it up into some trees on the left. Had to punch out to the right and made bogey there. Only two real mistakes the front. Then on the back I got really pissed. Hooked a drive into the rough way right of the hole (a 448 yard par 4) had a tree in front of me so I couldnt get my 3 iron over it and decided to punch back into the fairway. Well I got a little too agressive with the punch and put it over the fairway and into the other side of the rough. Well then I couldnt find my F*$*$ ball! There was no one behind me so I looked tirelessy for about 20 minutes. Nothing. It was a brand new prov1x too. I was so pissed off so I rehit from where I was and somehow made 6 on that hole. Then still being pissed off from losing that 4 dollar ball when there is no way I should have lost it, I bogeyed the next 3 holes (and those 3 holes are probably the easiest on the course, had a SW in my hand on each one for my second shots) but then finished strong with 3 pars. Overall pretty pleased besides losing that ball. 33 putts total

Clubs:

Driver: Ping G10 10.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Stiff
Fairway: Ping G10 15.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 stiff
Hybrid: Ping G10 18.0 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 H stiffIrons:  Ping S56 3-PW KBS tour StiffWedges:  Ping Tour S 56, 60 degree KBS tour stiffPutter:  Ping scottsdale anser 2 34"

Shot a 55 on a par 36 nine-hole course.

Drives suffered early — grounders and duffed swings. Still trying to groove my swing with my woods. I think I'm overswinging them. Doomed me to a triple bogey on the par 5 #2. Had a nice par on a 150-yard par-3. Had my patented "collapse hole" on the par-4 #6. Just off the green after my third shot, chipped over the green for 4, chipped back way past the hole for 5, and had an abysmal three-put to settle for a quad-bogey. For me, mid-50s is pretty average, so I won't complain too much. Definitely had some lost opportunities to creep closer to 50, though.

What's in my bag:

- Cleveland HiBore XL 10.5 degree
- Knockoff 3 and 5 woods
- TaylorMade Burner Oversize Irons, 3-PW- Dynacraft SW- Cleveland 60 deg wedge (perhaps not for long, though)- Odyssey 550 Putter

84 (+13). 39/44. I played very well on the front and hit 6 greens with 6 fairways. Too bad on the back I only hit 2 greens with 2 fairways. I still can't putt (36 today) and I averaged 2.3 PPGIR for the day. I can't get up and down either. It's the putting since I chipped well for the most part today. I think I'm playing again later today. Hopefully it'll be more of the 39 and less of the 44.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1