IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I played a quick 9 late Friday evening and shot 46. Chipped in for a birdie on #1 then had a short iron (pw-7i) on the other 8 holes and missed the green with every one of them. I often hit the ball in exotic locations over the green and tossed in an OB shot on my layup on the par 5 third.

Today was a bit better...

5/4/5/4/4/7/5/3/6= 44
5/6/5/3/4/8/5/4/5= 45= 89 (tied for low round of the year at my home course)

fairways hit: 2/14 (and the fairway on 18 was due to hitting a tree)
GIR: 3/18 (misses were much better today)
GIR +1: 11/18
putts: 30, made all the short ones again and an eleven footer for birdie on #13

put the ball in four bunkers today which hasn't happened in a while

the lucky Top Flite lives to another round

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I played 36 holes yesterday. First round was the full 18 and the second round consisted of playing the front nine twice (which is the harder nine at my course).

Played pretty steady for the first eighteen. Course rating is only 69.9 with 118 slope. I started with nine straight pars, made bogey on the 10th then played two under from there for a total of one under par 71.

The next round I played the front nine twice as the back was super busy. Started off the first nine with a bogey and two birdies (rest pars) then on the back nine had two bogies, two birdies and an eagle for another 71 on a par 74 (par is 37 on the front and 35 on the back at my course ).

I was most impressed with my putting. Hope to keep this up

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I hit 16 of 18 greens the first time around and 11 of 18 the second. Fun times

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Played 18 this morning.. 84 with 3-3 jacks and a horrid par 5 on the back nine

Played nine tonight and 39!!!!! .. I'm thrilled :D

Shot a 105 earlier today.......not to happy about that. The last 3 holes I slowed my backswing down and started to hit it better. Played another 9 later to see if the slower backswing was the answer and....... yes it was. Shot a 46 for the 9.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

101 - 3 penalties and a few duffs. need to relearn how to hit my hybrid, i hit it great last time!! ahh could have easily been under 100

Played ,Brookshire Inn & Golf Course, Williamston, MI and was stiff and sore when I started. Shot 55 on opening 9, Had a hotdog at the turn and was feeling much better. Shot 43 on the back 9. Well, I managed to break 100.

I shot even par on the front nine tonight with 1 bogey and 1 birdie. the back nine was a little different though, I shot 7 over.
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

88 (44/44) in pretty wet conditions.
Hit 8 fairways off the tee which i was happy with but only 3 GIR.
36 putts worst part of my game today.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

• Administrator
74 at Whispering Woods . Nearly hit every green (56% total) - but only once was I in the rough. The rest of the misses I putted (or chipped, once) from the fringe or fairway.

Just didn't make any putts today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

shot 90 today...
man was i duffing it...
played the exact opposite of what my normal game is...
strong off the tee and terrible short game...
i hit alot of fw's and just couldnt take advantage of it...
all my approach shots found rough or sand...
when i did happen to get a gir (through thinning it and rolling onto the green) my putting was non existent...
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Played 14 Holes or so on Monday at my Dad's Course.

+1 through 6 Holes, and after 2 doubles and a bogey on 7,8,9 - kinda dampend the spirits.

We decided to play 15,16,17 and 18 as I was allergic to something and sneezing/coughing, feeling pretty bad (just after the 7thHole aswell ) and Bogey'd every hole out from there.

Hopefully going up to my Course tomorrow, to play 2 rounds of 9..

Shot 92 (46/46) today at King's Walk in Grand Forks, ND. Only the fourth round this year and the second since mid-May. It's a mixed bag of frustrations as I feel I should be playing better yet knowing that my rounds are way down this year. Making some progress on flattening out my swing and rotating more and my misses are more predictable. Missed three putts inside 6 feet, which cost me breaking 90 (the lost ball and water ball didn't help either).

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot my best ever 37 on the front 9 at my CC. Didn't have time for the back 9 although I wish I did.

In my Callaway Stand Bag:

MX-700 9.5* stiff
2H 18deg Slingshot Tour
MP57 3-PW Rifle Flighted 5.0 54* Vokey Spin Milled 60* BRZ Tour Action 900 Studio Select Newport 2

Shot a 46 today on 9. Didn't have time to play 18 but I'm just starting to get back into golf so I'm happy.
Currently In My Bag: Driver- Taylor Made 300 Ti 9.5 Degree Stiff Flex; Woods - None Currently In The Bag; Irons - Titleist DCI 990 Irons (3-PW) Stiff Flex Steel; Wedge - Macgregor VIP Tourney Foil 60 Degree Lob Wedge; Putter - Taylor Made Rossa CGB Daytona 1 34" Length

Had the worst round in 2 months on Monday during a qualifying tournament. 83 @ the Fortress. Fortunately it was good enough to get me to the championship.

Hit the ball WAY better yesterday at my home track: An eagle, 2 birdies and 2 bogies = 34
Played another 5 holes and had 3 more birdies.

Total for 14 holes was 5 under. Too bad we couldn’t finish the round. BTW….won a cool $90 because my eagle was the only skin

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

1 over through 8 holes yesterday. Kind of weird because I jumped around the course since it was too late to get a full 9 in. 2 bogies and a birdie from the tips. I got up and down very well, so if that continues, I'll be happy.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1