IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

42/35 = 77 (+5)

FW 11/14
GIR 11/18
U&D; 1/6
Putts 33

Played the front like I was asleep. Woke up w/ my second shot on 9 and carried it through 18. July weather that belongs in April...53F, 15-20mph NW and mist.

Titleist 905R 9.5*
Cleveland Launcher FL 13*

Titleist 585h 19*
Titleist AP2 712 (3-P)

Ping Eye2 PW

Cleveland 588 56*
Odyssey 2ball 35"

Titleist NXT Tour

Alright everybody. I was playing the best 9 of my life today. Bird, par, bird, bogey, bird, par, bogey, par. That's 8 holes at 1 under. Then when we get to 9. I hear this roaring behind us. All of a sudden, this huge waterfall starts coming down from the tee box on 8 and starts charging us. Took about 45 seconds to make it all the way to us and then it was way too crazy to finish. It looked like a wall of water about to crush us.

My putting was pretty spotty, but I got up and down once, hit 6 gir's, one 3 putt (putting has been real funny recently). From tee to green, I was absolutely solid today. Very bright outlook. Too bad I don't have a score for my first 9 under par. Next time!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

88 (43/45)
I am not playing as good as i was 2 months ago.
Been in the high 80s instead of the low 80s.
Had 34 putts so i will have to practice that a bit more

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Shot a 78 today, 37 (par 35) on the front and 41 (par 37) on the back. I had two double bogeys on the back 9. Both doubles came from par 5's and I knocked into the water on each one. I was pretty pissed and I believe that is why I couldnt save for par or bogey on those holes.

My Clubs:

Driver: Nike SQ Sumo 460 10.5 degrees

3-Wood: Titleist 906 F4 15.5 DegreesIrons: Interchange between Hogan Apex Plus 3-PW stiff flex steel, and Cleveland CG Red Tour Spec 3-PW with stiff flex S300's.Wedges: CG 12's 56 degree and 52 degree, Cleveland BeNi 60 degree, and MacGregor MT Pro...

I was killed today at my home course (cardinalclub.cc). The majority is a links type course and it was windier than Scottland has been the last couple days. 84 43/41

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

97 51/46

Kind of staggering right now. Here is a list of my scores this season:

April (Myrtle Beach trip): 102, 102
June: 96, 98, 88, 95
July: 95, 52(9), 48(9), 56(9), 97 (today's round)

Keep feeling I'm just a tiny adjustment away from consistent high 80s/low 90s. Famous last words...

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

Played 9 and shot a 4 over 40. 1 under through six, then hit a ball OB and choked from there, haha, including a missed green from 55 yards.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

I shot 50 and 51 for a 101 today. I couldn't putt to save my life - I must have lipped out at least 8 times contributing to 6 3-putts. Beautiful weather though - sunny and 65 with a mild breeze...

I also took advantage of the brilliant July Illinois weather.

Yesterday I played at Willow Pond in Rantoul. It's a lot like my home course except nearly flat. Like Turnberry, it was cloudy, the wind was out of the northwest at 15-25 mph with higher gusts, and the course is at an old Air Force Base. Off the tee at #17 you can drive down the fairway or turn right and hit it straight down a runway. The course has a few nice lakes and large old trees. It's a bit like playing in a park.

Willow Pond is 6518 from the whites so I went up to the gold tees at 6146 yards. That was far enough in the wind on a course I hadn't played before. It still played to a 69.4/ 118 rating.

My scorecard read:
5/6/5/4/5/7/3/6/5=46
5/6/4/6/5/3/5/6/5=45/ 91

fairways 2/14
GIRs: 2/18
putts: 18/14= 32

There were 5 chances to drive the ball in a lake and I missed them all, even slicing one across the lake to another fairway. I'd heard bad things about the course condition, but I found it ok except for the playground sand in the bunkers. I will look forward to playing this course again.

Today I was at LeRoy Country Club. $14 for 18 holes, and it's the third day in a row for me playing a course for the first time. It's very short, hilly, with large trees and small greens. At a par of 71, 5681 yards from the "tips" and a rating of 66.9/111, I was looking for a pleasant afternoon. Sadly, my game did not cooperate. I was hoping for something in the mid 80s, but was somewhat fortunate to leave with a 89. Too many bad shots under 100 yards of every variety.

Maybe I should just stay at home tomorrow.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

94, 46/48 at Stow Acres, South Course, blue tees 71.7 128 6520

I was striking the ball well enough to shoot 87 or 88. 2 or 3 chili dips, 4 or 5 skulls. I feel like these were correctable lapses in concentration.

We'll see. Got a 7:48 am tee time at Waverly Oaks tomorrow.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

111. At least it's a palindrome Score

58/53. Blew up the first 13 holes. Finally got things together for the last 5 - bogeyed them all.

Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

Had a good day for the most part. Driving was excellent. Pulled a few drives slightly but they were all long, almost all in the fairway. My irons were a bit iffy. Putting adequate. 36-36=72, 1 0ver on a par 71 course. My third round since going to stack and tilt. Still don't quite know exactly what I'm doing wiht S & T as yet. Have some pain in my left hip, not sure if it's from having so much weight on my left side or know. I'm 62 and it could just be another old age ache.

+1 on the back 9 at Crystal Falls in Leander....I won't mention the front 9

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Shot a 104 at a course Ive never been to, houses all around caused me to overcompensate in my head so I never felt right with my driver. Short irons again were great, left me many shortish putts I missed, but I got 1 bird and 2 pars in back to back holes.

It all started so well...just four over after 8, net two under. Then a 4-putt double-bigey on 9 (stupid! stupid!); a hacked 8 on 12, a 7 on 15. Managed to get away with a net 72.

94, 46/48 at Stow Acres, South Course, blue tees 71.7 128 6520

Whoops, got yesterday's score wrong. It was actually 92, 45/47.

Today: 96, 45/51 at Waverly Oaks in Plymouth MA, gold tees, 71.3 126 6682. Didn't strike the ball as well as yesterday. Was much better concentration-wise. Only one or two total brain melts.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc