IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

92, 45/47

I didn't use my 3 iron all day. After the 5th hole, I put away the driver and 3 wood as well. Used a 4 iron off the tee.

My putting was shaky or I would have shot 88 easy. But the important thing was that I wasn't getting killed by my bad swings. Put a bad swing on a driver and I'm in the woods. Or OB. Or lost. A bad swing with the 4 iron puts me in the first cut of rough about 175 yards off the tee.

I've never hit the Hawkeye 3 wood consistently. So I'm going to replace it with either another 3 wood or with a 3 or 4 wood hybrid. I do anticipate using the driver again. But sparingly, 3 or 4 times a round. And starting tomorrow the 3 iron is gone. I'm getting a 3i hybrid, probably the Mizuno.

And I'm going to try, try, try to keep playing smart.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

83 = 41 + 42. 41 ties my best ever 9 hole score, although this was a par-37 front (as opposed to a par-36 back on another course where I had my other 41).

Only one net bogey on the entire card - short par-4, played it safe and found a double bogey.

I think I only missed one putt inside of 5 feet all day - birdie opportunity off a 3-wood, got too excited and peeked.

edit Oh yeah... beats personal best by 2. Previous best was an 85, over a year ago, as 44+41.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

mostly a good day except for putting which sucked. i must have missed 4 or 5 three-footers. i know i have the game to break 90

(effective) 78 gross, equalling my best round ever off the championship tees.

'effective' because it was matchplay so there were some gimmes. It was 4BBB club championship round. Last time out, I couldn't hit a cow's backside witha banjo - it was my partner did everything. This time I had a great round - really satisfying.

Great match, only five holes changed hands the whole round, we came out one ahead.

44. Best ball on 9.

Nike Bag
Cobra 3 Wood Driver
Dunlop Reaction Dual Metal Woods
Wilson Fatshaft Tour Cast Irons
Dunlop Reaction P Tour Cast S WedgesDunlop Vista Model 4 putterHopefully new irons soon

shot 10 over today... 5 over front 5 over back...
i scored much better than the last time i was out but i just feel i didnt hit as well...
my only birdie shoulda been an eagle... it was a great shot that hit the flag... but ill take a tap in for birdie any day
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

shot 5 over on the front and then had a collapse in iron play on the back and finished 17 over for 89

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

Only had a chance to play 9 today. Managed to shoot a 40 in the wind and light rain.

1 birdie, 5 pars, bogey, double, triple. :facepalm:
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

Good round yesterday. Shot a 32 (-4).

9 greens
6 of 7 FW
14 putts

Best ball-striking round of the year. Won $160 bucks too.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Shot a 95 yesterday, first time Ive shot sub 50 on both sides. Hit 3 of 4 greens on par 3s (one of the things Im working on), and took 2 snowmen on par 5s. Damn 3 wood hates me. Managed to win my league match, so was very pleased with my play. Its funny, best round Ive shot at that course, and I lament the 3 putts and the fat irons hit. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

My game wasn't completely on today, I lipped quite a few makeable par putts; managed to put up an 85 (41/44).

Blew up on the 2nd hole and took a 9, but started making pars down the stretch and sunk a 15 footer from just off the green for eagle on the 7th.

1 eagle, 6 pars, 6 bogies, 2 doubles, one +5

The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

almost broke 80 again today... shot 8 over...
the 2nd day in a row that my score didnt reflect how crappy i was hitting...
really inconsistant with everything...
off the tee... 1 shot went 270... the very next tee shot went a whopping 80yrds...
approach shots were pretty much all pushes...
chipping and pitching were hot and cold...
same thing with putting... dropped a 35 footer on one hole... couldnt drop a gimme on another
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Just got back from a rain-soaked 9.

38. Tied my low 9 for the year. 1 birdie, 4 pars, 4 bogeys. 4/7 fairways (had a few that I just muffed. On line, but short... ugh...), 4/9 GIR. Always gave myself a chance to get up and down but only managed to once.

90, 43/47 at Waverly Oaks again.

Second best round of the year.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

83 (+11). 42/41. I hit 4 fairways and 7 greens. I had a possible career low 31 putts today. For feeling like I played like crap (I'm doing an overhaul on my swing), my score didn't reflect that at all. I hit my driver much better today though my stats don't reflect that. When I missed my driver, I was in the rough with a straight forward shot to the green. I was also pounding it (thanks to the swing overhaul). Irons weren't great (only 1 GIR on a par 3). Chipping wasn't good again and I didn't feel like I putted well (no 3 putts though!!!!). For feeling like I played terribly and shooting an 83, I think I'm making progress.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades