IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 87... best score ever and first time breaking 90!!! I was so excited and I didn't even get a birdie, haha... definitely could have done even better though, 3 chipped on a par 4 and my drive landed 25 yards before the green (grrr... I was in the process of playing through a group) and then also +3'd a par 3 (again, while in the process of playing through a group)... hit 8 fairways/greens which was better than normal (I know it's not that good), and had 36 putts (also a personal record).

Despite the poor play while trying to pass some groups, I'm very happy with my score. I would like to play a round where I can keep consistent pace though, that would probably help me a bit. ;)

And yes, first post here!!! :)

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

41, my best 9 this year, in a drizzle.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

37,41 = 78.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

38 on the back last night for league. Could not putt. 3 putted for par on the first hole. Only made one 1 putt all night. Couple of bad shots but not many.
Won my match 6-4.....can't believe I'm giving up 2 or more strokes.....

Shot my best score of the year, and it was on a harder course then I've been playing this year (last year's and next year's home course actually) and only my second time playing there this year. Shot a 77 (par 72).
Now the sad part...I finished triple, double! :( Before that it was 4 birds, 4 bogeys, and 8 pars.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

83 (+11). Was +1 through 6 and ended the front nine double, bogey, double. My swing is finally down pat. I just really need a mental teacher for putting.

7/14 fairways
10/18 greens
36 putts

I played this morning and shot a 73(+1). I went out in 35, but got a little ugly coming back in with a 38. Today was the first time I took out my new driver. I got a Nike SQ Str8-Fit and hit the ball the best that I have off the tee in a while.

In the Bag

SQ Dymo Str8-Fit 9.5º Driver
15º T-40 3-Wood
3-PW Victory Red Forged TW BladesSlingshot OSS SWOZ Blue Chip MalletPro V1

Another 38 today (+3) on McCabe's North course (34.9/62). Six pars, three bogeys. Putting was good. 2/7 fairways, 3/9 greens, 4/6 up and down. Gave myself several looks at birdie, just never converted... Much fun.

Combines with yesterday's 38 on McCabe's middle course for a two-day 76. Awesome.

Feeling pretty good about my game right now.

102... GROSS. I shot an 87 two days ago! :( My putting was awful today though... chipping was decent. Decided I'll throw down $10 at a Par 3 course for some short game practice before I hit 18 again.

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

Shot a 3 over 73 yesterday. Great round except for three 3 putts. I've been putting really well lately, but still have a 3 putt or two pop up every round. Birdied 3 of the last 5 holes coming in. Lipped out the 2 that I missed.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

shot 8 over today... still didnt feel i played my best even tho i scored pretty well...
i had a lot of lucky bounces and great misses... but as far as quality shots that i tried on purpose... very few...
shots were pretty straight... wouldnt draw or fade when i needed it...
1 good sandsave from a fw bunker 150 out...
1 long putt that wasnt even intentional but ill take it...
every gir i got turned into a bogey... got up an down from everywhere...
had 2 bombs... all the rest of my drives were in the 200 and less range
ive been flirting with breaking 80 again but things just arent to be i guess
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

98, 49/49. Putted like crap.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

Played two rounds today, shot an 84 on the first round and an 81 on the second round. Contact has improved a lot, been working on my weight shift, hip turn, and keeping my right elbow in and have started to make solid contact on the ball first.

Gus
---------------

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades