IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

+2, but only played 7 Holes.

Heavy Rain the cause of my exit from the course, but felt good hitting the Driver, something that I have not felt good for a long-time doing.

So hopefully some good weather and back out tomorrow on the Course.

Shot 73 today from the tips at Cumberland Trail (7,205 yards) which is a nice change up from my club every once in a while.Took me all summer to start playing my best, but Im ballstriking better than ever and not coincidentally enjoying golf more than ever. if this keeps up, I may finally have the guts to try to qualify at the amateur next year.

I think hiring two more architects and a lead developer are paying off and helping me get out of the office at decent times too. Most of our SOA projects are winding down, and I'm ready for the Disney vacation with fam. 2009 is turning out to be a good year and I truly believe a relaxed positive outlooks transfers to the links...

Today I played in a 9-hole men's league 2-man scramble. My playing partner and I were paired up against two very good golfers.
Our 9 hole card looked like this:
Them: 3 ,4, 2 ,5, 3 , 3 , 3 , 2 ,5 = -6 30
Us: 4, 3 ,3, 4 , 3 , 3 , 3 ,3, 4 = -6 30

It was a lot of fun. I think each of us probably contributed exactly 15 strokes each.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Shot a 49 on the front 9 yesterday. Had to stop early as some Montezumas revenge from my trip to mexico kicked in and has laid me out.

Best part of the 49 is I 3 putted every hole. Which means if I actually learn to put now, I can put up some respectable scores :)

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

Shot a 44 for 9 on the easier of the 2 courses at Gold Mountain(best 9 hole score for me and its not even close). Nothing worse than a double, first time Ive accomplished that this year. Didnt hit the driver well at all (2 not past the reds), everything else was splendid.

Shot a 41 on the front 9 of The Jackal Golf Club in my home city. Had a good time.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I had 75 today. I was awful the front side. 3 penalty shots and a 41, 5 over par. It was a very windy day. I birdied 10 to start the back side and added another to go with 7 pars for a 2 under 34. Proud of that side in the wind and my less than stellar swing today.

85 (+14). 44/41. I got off the tee very, very well. Except on one hole (I got a 9) after hitting two OB. Except for that, I was in the rough once. Every other time, I was fairway or fringe. I didn't hit my irons well. I'd say poorly for me. Only 6 greens with 10 fairways. It's usually the opposite for me. I also putted well (for me) with 30 putts. I also won $20 on the front and didn't want a match on the back. The weirdest thing is that I flew 2 greens on par 3s. One was an island green and the other had fescue behind it. And my handicap is officially a 9.4! To me, that's officially single digits!

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Over the weekend I played Nicklaus North (in Whistler, BC) twice and shot 94 and 96. Those are both pretty solid scores for me...

Funnily enough I was about 7 beers deep by the time I wrapped up the 94 round, yet all I was drinking for the 96 was water...

I shot a 45 (+10) with three triple-bogeys. Ouch.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

36 front (2 boogies and 2 birdies)
38 back (1 boogie, 1 double boogie and 1 birdie)

14 of 16 fairways hit
10 of 18 greens hit
28 putts
4 out of 9 attempt to get up and down

2 long par putt saves
chunks an easy pitch shot
missed two relatively easy putt with lack of speed on the putts

in summary, hit my irons well putted my best and with confidence, left strokes on the course.

playing my best golf, I attribute it to a combination of things:
1) hitting irons PW, 9, 8, 7, 6 irons a couple times a week for an hour
2) practice putting and found a putting stroke that I will share with you later
3) practice chipping yesterday, even though I chunk a chip shot I know what I did wrong and can correct it for next time.
4) drove the ball well

Putting tip
my putting stroke is like a pendulum and the most important part of the stroke is the transition from the back stroke to the forward stroke. Similar to a pendulum the putting stroke is similar in the transition of the pendulum when it reaches the farthest point and it slows then stops and slowly moves in the other direction, my putting strokes is the same and you will not pull or push putts with this stroke, make sure that your set up over the ball is correct with your eyes over the ball.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Played 9 yesterday afternoon at my home course. Due to morning thunderstorms, the course was closed until 3pm so I got to play the back 9.

4/5/6/4/3/5/5/3/5= 40 (31 net WOO HOO!)

My lowest ever 9 on the back is 39, so I'm quite happy. The strange part was that I had 18 putts. I made a 6 footer for par on #10, three putted from 60 feet on #11 and then 2 putted the rest of the way with opening putts all in the 25-35 foot range. I just lagged them up next to the hole and tapped in. Hole #17 is 200 yards and the tee was all the way back, I hit driver and the ball stuck in the green 30 feet from the pin. I also hit #11 in two for the first time all year. #18 is now the only hole I haven't hit in regulation this year.

fairways: 5/7, the good driving continues
5/9 GIRs: (one fringe from 6/9) my highest for 18 this year is 6, so it was a very nice afternoon
9/9 GIR +1

time: 67 minutes

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

A buh-rootal 101. Front 9 started off okay - bogie, par, bogie - then I quintuple bogied the par 4 fourth hole. Green guarded by water, dunked my second, then dunked the next so I was hitting 6, then three putted. Shaken, I doubled five. The I had a mini-rally - bogie, par, par, then tripled number 9.

On the back I was just miserable. It was brutal heat and humidity and I was just on empty.

Back to the course on Sunday!

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

I had a real messy 9 yesterday.

Was looking to break 50, play good bogey golf. This plan was great for 6 of the holes, but on 13, 14, and 16 I blew up bad. A combination of poor approach shots and horrible short game left me with 2 quad bogeys and a triple... Left me with a 54 on the round, not happy.

At least I know what to work on this weekend.

In my bag

Driver: J33r 10.5º - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue
Fairway: 600T 5w, 7w
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity 4-PW/AW/SW/LWPutter: Victoria IIBall: B330-RXGlove: WetherSofShoes: DryJoys

Shot 1 over 37 in league last night. 2 bogeys and 1 birdie. Could not make a putt.....felt like I played a lot better than I scored.

http://joe.thesandtrap.com/rounds/20090805-p16.html

On hole #1, my third shot (second shot was from some deep rough) spun 10 ft. off of the green. On hole #6, my tee shot went through the fairway into the rough. Stupid 3 putt. Won my match 8-2.

shot 10 over today...
i got paired up with 3 senior ladies on a packed really slow course...
after the first 2 holes i decided to play from their teebox's(front) due to pace of play issues...
had a blast... i only pulled driver once... lol...
i thought for sure id hit every gir and birdie every other hole... wasnt the case... playing a diff teebox gives the course a way diff feel and angle
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

101.....My putting is killing me! Only 2 putted 2 greens.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...