IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

This is my first post since joining the sand trap. I played with my boss on Monday at Springfield Park GC in Rochdale, England. Played pretty well, I shot 2 under par 65, obviously par 67. He shot 67 so i took the £5 we played for. Happy days!!

Driver - Nike Sumo SQ 8.5 degree AldilaVS Proto
Fairawy wood - Titleist 903f2 Vodoo
Irons - Titleist Z Blend Forged Project X 5.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey
Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport 2Ball - Pro V1

Shot a new personal record this morning - 84. Putting was pretty bad on the back 9, I don't know why... I had 16 putts on the front and 22 on the back, six three-putts! :[ Chipping was pretty good today overall and my irons were really solid. My driver was kinda meh, but it really didn't affect my score at all!!! Funny how that works... ;)

1 Birdie
6 Pars
6 Bogeys

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

I played yesterday and shot the lowest round in my life. 67 5 under. 34 on the front and 33 on the back. 6 birdies, 1 bogey, and 11 pars. I did it at my home course of Ponte Vedra Inn and Club here in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fl. I birdied 18 putting it 3 feet from the pin. Afterwards I headed straight to the 19th hole. It was a good day and I'm still getting phone calls from people about it. Ahhhhh...... I'm in heaven.

Driver------ Callaway FT-5 10.5 Pro-Launch Blue shaft
3 wood----- Taylor Made R7 TP
3 and 4 iron-- Adams
Irons------- Callaway X-Forged with 6.5 Rifle's
Wedges---- Titleist Vokeys 54.10, 56.14, 60.04Putter----- Slotline SL-955 (prototype- not available yet)All gripped with Winn Excel W6's

Shot an ugly 83 the other day. Had so many chances for birdies but my putting just could not do it.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

88 on a par 72. 16 over. I had some really nice drives as I am finally starting to control my slice, but now I am hitting my irons INCREDIBLY fat. I had several 2nd shots that were in between 100 and 150 that I completely messed up. Still a great round for me as I only had 26 putts.

In an old bag:

Driver Hibore XLS 10.5*
3 Wood V Steel 15*
Hybrid 3DX 20*Irons Ta5 3 - PWWedge CG10 56 degreePutter Classic 1

I shot 81 today from the tips (6800 yards) today. I played a very consistent, solid round. Made a good amount of putts, hit an 8 iron from 140 to 1 foot away for a birdie on a par 5...but my last four holes or so were weak - rain started to come down, some thunder, so there was a mini-delay...kinda threw my tempo and timing off, and I went double, bogey, bogey, bogey finished for an 81...I was playing outstanding prior to that...Oh well.

Could've been like a 76 or 77 and crazy low (course is pretty darn tough from the tips...I usually shoot like 84 on a good day from there) but I'll certainly take the 81. I hit the ball well, and I did everything well. I played confidently.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Shot an 87 today from the tips (5866), so not a very long course. Felt I could've putted better.

Grom Stand Bag
2009 Burner Driver 10.5*
2009 Burner Fairway Wood 15*
A7 3H, 4H 5-PW
Affinity 56* SW CG15 60* White Hot XG 330 Mallet Putter Z Star Yellow Balls

42 during first day of tryouts, solid, but not great. Couldn't strike a ball or iron. short game saved me, for the first time ever.

Sasquatch 460 10.5
X 3 wood
X 4H
X-22's 5-PW
X Forged 52, 58 Black Series #1 Tour i X Series stand bag

Just making sure this morning's round wasn't a fluke... (shot an all-time low 84). I just played 9 and got another 41 on the front. :)

I don't know what the hell is going on!!! Haha, last week I was hitting in the 90's...

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

95, 49/46

I got hot on the back for a stretch, playing 11 through 16 even (par, bogie, par, par, birdie), but then finished double, double, double.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

99 today on a new course. Fairly long for what I'm used to playing (6800). This game frustrates me. When I would drive the fairway and get on in two, I three putted. Like 5 times. That, 2 lost ball and a host of other mistakes made my score much higher than it needed to be. Every time I feel like I'm about to turn a corner, this game humbles me. Sigh. I love golf.

A very, very slow 41 after work tonight.

Took over 2.5 hours because of some stupid, stupid hackers... As far as I could tell, two of the foursome had never played before. The first two hole took 45 minutes or more. Just horrible. Played through them over #3 and then was caught behind a group of slow old men for 5-9. UGH! I HATE SLOW PLAYERS! Yet, somehow, the first three holes I played my best overall golf of the evening. At least with the last few I had the fact that I could barely see to blame...

+ 39

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

FWTIW: I was playing the back 9 in my small community course and bumped into this really old guy (older than me) who was just shooting 'em to the green...very slowly. He walked back to the tee box...again very slowly and began to chat with me. He apologized for having me wait which was no big deal, really. He confessed he hated to sink the balls in the cup because he couldn't bend over to retrieve them, so he just shot 'em to the pin.
I told him no big deal as I took out my score card.
He said why bother to keep a score, when one should just enjoy the game...just tee off and hit it again and again until you sink it!

Maybe tomorrow I'll try his method and just hit that little white ball all over the place for the sake of hitting the crap out of a little white ball.

Funny thing, he had the same small golf bag I had. Perhaps he was me from the future...oh man was the 60's good to me!

Shoot 'em high boys!

Swing Happy My Friends!