What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

had my best half ever......41 on the back nine(par36)at Pinehills on friday

FT-IQ driver 9deg/stiff
FT-I Squareway 3 & 5 wood
FT irons 4-A
CG14 black pearl 60deg lob wedge
White Hot XG #1 Blackmax 56deg SI Stadium 14 cartbag

I played my worst round of the year on Saturday, in a match no less. I barely beat Troy Matteson's second and third round scores at Scottsdale on the front nine, and I finished with a total that looks like a three but is exponentially larger in value.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

37 Front nine
36 Back nine

3 Boogies
2 Birdies

4 out of 8 up and down
30 putts

Boogie the 18 hole from 75 yards away from the fairway, over shot the green and did not get up and down to save par, disappointing, especially since I was up in my match and was playing for double or nothing and I got nothing.

I found my tempo for my driver and irons shots and look forward to playing again Thursday.

I missed three birdie opportunities and need to improve my short game to get closer for birdies and save my par, if I did, I could have shot under par today.

I have not practice my short game recently and with some chipping, putting and iron practice, I feel confident that I can shoot under par, which I did not do this year, today was my closest. I was even par playing 18th hole and was playing for birdie instead of par and ended up with a boogie.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Career best 77 - including an unfortunate water ball triple with 3 holes to play. I love golf again.....
What I play:
Titleist 909D2 9.5 Matrix Ozik xcon 6 | Ping i15 14 Axivcore Tour Red | Ping i15 hybrid 17 Axivcore Tour Red | Titleist AP2 TTDGS300 | Vokey 52.08 SM 58.12 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 | Titleist ProV1x

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot 45/40 (85) my best round ever, i have 20 hcp, 5 pars in a row, very consistent golf for me, hitting 3 woods from the fairway ( which i never do), but as everybody know, consistency is the key in this game, lets see what I will hit on the weekend.

What´s in my bag

Driver: Hibore Monster 10.5 Regular Flex, Fujikura
3 wood: Big Bertha 15 Stiff Flex
Hybrid: Halo 22 (3) StiffIrons: X18 3-PWWedges: Vokey Spin 56; 60Putter: Ball: Pro V1

Shot my best round of 83 yesterday to win a junior tournament at my local club. Had a 2 under par front 9, almost died of shock, and had a 13 over back 9. Still, solid overall score so I'm fairly pleased.

In my bag:
Driver: G10 10.5 TFC 129 Shaft
3 wood: R7 Steel
Hybrid: 585H 21 Degree
Irons 3-PW: 735.CMWedges: Vokey 52.08, 56.14Putter: White Hot XG #5

Front Nine
1 boogie
2 double boogies
2 birdies

Back Nine
3 boogies

12 Up and Down out of 14 attempts or 85.7%
27 putts
6 greens hit
11 out of 14 fairways hit

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Just started playing golf in may, but I have been getting out to the course 2 or 3 times a week pretty consistently. Usually play 9 holes during the week, 18 on the weekend and go to the driving range one day a week. Last 18 I played I shot a 94, which is better than usual (100 is my average). My driving is pretty consistent, 220+ yards on average. I don't hit my woods very well, and my putting is pretty bad. I usually 2 putt, with some 3 putts scattered in. Maybe this weekend I can start to figure out my putts.

played the signature course today... really cloudy and cool...
shot an 84...
lots of sand shots today... thank god i got outta them in 1 shot even tho some of them didnt land where i wanted...
putting pretty much saved me...
lots of pulls/hooks off the tee
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

• Administrator
37 at Whispering Woods , or as I prefer to think of it today, one shot every 0.902 minutes (or 54.146 seconds). That's what happens when you get to the golf course at nearly 5:45...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

played 9 today on a really packed course...
got there 10mins too late as a walk on and had to wait an hour for an opening...
shot 3 over for a 39... first few holes were pull city... then i got a handle on my swing and everything was going straight with the exception of a 3yrd draw... coulda had an ace today but settled for a chip in birdie

Played a course I've never played before.
it was called rathbane.
A short course with narrow fairways, super thick rough and tough greens.

Got 40 points and it's a par 70 so I shot a 85.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

77. Very happy with it as I haven't been on course in almost two months. Range time and backyard work clearly paid off. Finished in 2:45 without pushing hard at all. If I hadn't had somewhere else to be I would have played another 18.

A "gag me with a spoon," big fat, choking 80. Golf can be so fickle. I am cruising along, feeling great, one under par... and then miss a short putt for par -- lipped out. Ugh, unnecessary for sure. Next hole, par 4, up hill, drive it in a trap, but get on the green and have a long shaky 2 putt for par. OK... now the drivable par 4, playing 308 but the wind is light and maybe helping a little... time to get rolling again. I'm going for it, I can thread it between the traps and get on or near the front -- no safe 3 wood for me. Attack time. I flush it, but it seems to drift a yard or two left of perfect -- the ball hits the lip of the last trap and is virtually impossible to play, very tough shot, under the lip to a challenging green where going long is a lost ball. I somehow hit it to the front left of green -- oh no, this is the wrong side. I have a putt that is so scary that I just to want to three putt. I putt it, it goes up the big break on the green, curving wickedly toward the hole, 60-70 feet away, but does not quite make it -- so it comes rolling back down the front right side, off the green, down into the fairway. Oh, please... not this shot. A pitch to a very small plateau with nothing but a cliff drop off over the back. Can I hit a soft pitch to the hood of a 1947 Ford? OK, play it safe -- bump it up the hill and hope. But hit it hard enough to get up there because otherwise it will rolls back right where I am or worse. Oops... hit it a little long, missed the comebacker... write down that double bogey when six more inches off the tee or a yard or two to the right and I might have had a two putt birdie, par at worst. From there, I was fried. All that confidence -- gone. Golf won today, not me. Sometimes this game is brutally hard.

I guess we all have some version of this story.

RC

i could only get 9 in after work before the rain started...
shot a 43...
my luck ran out today...
my usual scrambling skills resulted in tons of bogies instead of pars...
driver went straight but not far... with the exception of a severe duck hook...
approach shots were army golf style... only hit 1 green...
chipping was okay except for when i got caught in the 2nd cut deep crap...
putting was on and off...
at least it only took an hour and 15 mins to get thru 9

Shot 78, with 2 ob, 5 BIRDIES, and some other stupid numbers, oh and a slap from the golf gods. Oh what could have been! Had 65yrd in for my third to a par five, when in the middle of my swing my ball just kinda rolls 1 inch right, into a pitch mark causing a shank and leading to a bogey. Stupid game.......
Hit 11 of 14 fairways today. My course is very tight, with OB on every hole, most of which is within 10-12 yards of the fairway.
Had a very enjoyable stranger for a partner, and we must have seen 20 deer on the course today. First sunny day in a few, no rain and the course was in great shape.

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour

42 - 47 for an 89. Shot my cap but did not play all that well on the back.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...