IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

shot +2 at a little par 3 course. just had a lesson day before so i didnt have a chance to work on the new things. had a lot of shots end up short and right from an open club face. my short game was the best its ever been, my only bad chip was because i just did not play the shot correctly and made bogey. i had a 3 putt on a very tough green that led to a double but hit a great shot to two feet on the next hole to make birdie.

Well, it sure wasn't today, it was a few weeks ago, but the last round of the year for me was 85, on the par 35/36-71 course here in town. It was windy and cold and the last day before the course closed and I went out with some of my best playing buddies. We walked to keep warm and were all wearing toques and scarves. It was so so cold that the ball just wouldn't carry very far, my best drive of the day went maybe 240 and that's usually my average. One of the guys hits a long ball and he didn't even get one to go much over 260/270, and that's probably 25 yards short for him. I did strike some nice iron shots with my brand new G15's and holed a couple good putts, but it was mostly just enjoyable to get out with the boys and struggle in the cold.

flop you play more than I do, haha.

Shot an 85 at Deer Run (best ever there). Pretty solid round, started out slow (44 on the front), but pulled a really nice 41 together on the back, probably couldve been lower but 3-putted (only one of the day) the par 5 18th after hitting the GIR for bogey, argh!

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

shot 7 over for a 79...
really disappointed... had 5 birdie opps and none fell... burned the lip on every single one...
one absolutely ridiculous double that i got away with... shoulda been way worse... it was on a par3... duffed my 7w almost plopping it in the water... thinned my 8i actually skipping it over the water... chunked my 52... 2 long putts later... double...
had 2 great chip ins... but they were for par
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Before the snow last week shot three rounds of 75 at Indian Peaks. Just can't seem to shoot par at this course. Although I did get around the tougher front nine even all three times. Even a birdie at the 9th which is the hardest hole on the course and for me.

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

shot 8 over today for an 80...
pretty much army golf all day long... 2 balls went luca brasi on me... if they didnt go to sleep with the fishes i woulda broke 80 easily...
putting was the only thing that was solid today... i had no realistic shots at birdies tho :(

• Administrator
73 at Lake View . No roll, so I played the blue tees. 1.5 differential. Made no putts but got up and down almost every time. 17 pars, one bogey. Felt like a lame version of Nick Faldo in his heyday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

71 at Eagle Bend. Played the tips on the front (even 36 with 2 birdies and 2 bogies). Joined a group playing the blues on the back (one under 35 with two birdies and a bogie).

The birdies were - #4, #5, #11, #12. I chipped in on #5, the birdie putts on 11 and 12 were each inside a foot.

I missed a seven footer on 13 and five footer on 17.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I DID IT I DID IT - I broke 90 today! Shot a 88! I was so laid back today, my swing came together, I was just having a good time playing golf :) my best score of 2009.

Backed up breaking 90's today!!! shot a 89 :) I could have shot better today, but I put to much pressure on myself at the start, then I just told myself to forget the score and play the game that I can play take 6 on the par 5's and 5's on all others. it worked.

I was able to get out with a few layers of clothes and shoot 83 on Saturday. The course is a 70/118, so that score not extremely awesome, but I'm getting closer to the goal of breaking into the 70's.
In mySasquatch bag:
07 Burner 9.5°
Hibore XLS 3 & 5 woods
735 CM 4-pw
52°, 56°, 60° G2i Craz-e C

Shot an 88 at Edgewood on Saturday. Played pretty well. I hit 9/18 fairways and was 5/5 hitting greens from 50-100 yards.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

• Administrator
I played the front nine while trying to work on some things. Hit a bunch of lousy shots because I was exaggerating the wrong move. Got to 10 and hit two solid drives... Moved to 11 and tweaked something. Crisp push draw up the right-center of the fairway. PW from 120 to just below the pin. Putted over a leaf and ball hopped and stopped a few inches short. Moved to 18 and thought "this may be the last hole I play all year." So I played the black tees despite the softness and lack of roll. Hit an easy striper up the right side with a draw. PW from 130 to just above and right of the flag, 12 feet or so. Putt broke nearly three feet, I took my time, and it went right in the middle. Good things ahead in 2010!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

played in some lousy drizzle... thank goodness i had a cart cover which made it infinately better... shot 9 over for an 81...
driving was money... hit most of them exactly where i was aiming except a few draws/hooks...
approach shots were on an off with more than a few pulls...
pitching/chipping was meh...
putting was great except a 3 putt...
i finally got back to a multiple birdie round... and i get 3 doubles (O_o)...
last few rounds no birdies... no doubles... better score

Played in the same drizzle that flopdarock played in (different course I'm sure), 78!! First time under 80, played on Cardinal Run... 7 bogies, 10 pars, one birdie that was almost an eagle. I think 30 putts, no 3-putts, 6 GIR's and 5 up and downs... best round of my life by FAR!

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

walked 18 shot 74

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5