IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

87!!! First time I broke the 90 barrier. Only 2 FW but 7 GIR which is good for me and my lackluster ballstriking. 31 putts with two 3 putts ARRRRGH!! I can't be to broken up though as they just recently punched the greens. By my count I left 7 easy shots out there counting the 3 putts, two tee balls OB and one insanely topped hybrid that went all of 30 yards.

I finally understand the golf swing enough to make on course adjustments which help instead of just randomly trying things which usually made thigns worse.

Played much better today and shot 74. Made all my 3-5 foot putts which have been killing me. Hope the putting holds up, it hasn't been fun missing everything.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

77...is most recent round. 2 weekends ago. Couldn't get a par on the back to save my life. 2 birdies, 1 double, an eagle and and 4 bogies. 1 par....sheesh. Could have been 2-3 under. Oh well. Will try to even it out this weekend.

'09 Nike Dymo 3-Wood
Tommy Armour 855s 2-Iron (from an old set. i can hit it 260-270 and it's accurate so I kept it)
Mizzuno MP-33 irons(absolutely love these and they look great)
Cleveland Wedges obviously
Odessey putter(need a new one very soon)No driver. Dont need one.

Sorry if this is a little long, but I played so far above my head today that I'm still a little giddy.

I was at 34 through 8 holes, when I thought about how low I was and promptly chunked one into the water. Even after the double, I was thrilled with a 40 on the front. Had several makeable birdie putts that just missed, to go along with two 3-putts.

On the back, I just kept hitting fairways and greens and took advantage of the two short par 5s--had two eagle putts that missed by a combined 1 inch.

So I'm on 18 and know I need a bogey to break 80. Good tee shot down the left side that decides to roll down a hill, over the cart path, and behind some trees. I still think I have a shot at the green, so I step up and proceed to make the worst swing of my round. The ball hits a tree, caroms backward and left into the adjacent fairway. So for my third shot I have 195 yards, uphill, over trees and over water. Somehow I stick a 5-iron on the green, and I'm praying I can two-putt from 40 feet for my bogey....and I f---ing hole it for a 78. It was that kind of round.

I even got up-and-down four times...when I think I average about one per round, if that.

I beat my previous best score by nine strokes and lowered my handicap by a full stroke. All the same, I'm sure the game will humble me the next time I'm out...maybe I should just quit. You know, go out in my prime, on my terms.

Yeah, right.

In my Grom:

Launcher 9.0 and 3W. Fujikura Hit-on-M Red X-Stiff
'09 Burners 3-AW. KBS +1" Stiff. 1x hard-stepped
A7 2H. UST ProForce Axiv Stiff 56.08 SW Stainless. G5i Putter. TP Burner LDP or Bridgestone e6+.

I had a weird round today.

First 9:
Bogey (2 putt)
Birdie (2 putt) - drove green 340 (hit cart path, bounced onto green)
Birdie (one putt)
Bogey (3 jack)
Par (2 putt)
Bogey (2 putt)
Bogey (3 jack)
Par (1 putt)
Bogey (1 putt)
______________=+3 (39)

second 9:
Birdie (1 putt)
Par (2 putt)
par (2 putt)
par (2 putt)
par (1 putt)
eagle (0 putt)
par (1 putt)
par (2 putt)
par (2 putt)
_____________= -3 (33)

So inconsistant today...

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

83!!! I'm pumped about my new found game. The last two rounds have been solidly sub 90!!
41/42, 6 FW, 7 GIR, 31 putts. Two 3 jacks, which chap my ass because it's not like I have 80 footers to start with!! Anyway, 2 birdies, 6 pars, 7 bogeys, and 3 doubles.

79 - 6 over on the front; 1 over on the back

8/14 FIR
10/18 GIR
32 putts

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Shot a 41 on a par 34 9 hole course. Thats a career best for me, coming in 2 strokes under bogey golf. Pared 4, bogeyed 3, doubled 2. Most pars of any round too. GREAT day!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yesterday I played a new course and was told it was a pretty difficult course. I went out hoping to break 100 and shot a 92. 47 on the front and bogey golf on the back for a 45. The score is about what my handicap is, but it is the first round this season that I actually played to my handicap (which has gone up 1.8 strokes due to a few bad rounds)

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

First time poster so I'll skip my round on saturday (nett 72) and go to the round 2 weeks ago.

One of "those" rounds. Chipped in on the first hole for a par (4) and that set the tone for the day. Had 39 on the back nine (3 over par) with 6 pars and 2 bogies. Then went birdie birdie on first two holes of front nine (start at 10) to go to 1 over par. On number 1 (330m par 4) I chipped in from 15m with my 56 degree wedge and then on 2 I sunk a 20m putt for birdie (125m par 3). At this stage I was shaking a bit, couldn't quite comprehend what was happening. In the end I finished with 81, slightly disappointing, went tripple, bogey, par, bogey, double on last 5 holes to stuff it up a bit. But still my best round by 6 shots. The most astounding stat was I only had 22 putts, work that one out!! I normally average 32-34.

Sorry to be a skite but there has been plenty of 100+ rounds in there, so all you other 20ish handicappers, keep at it :)

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

A little disappointing how well I could have played today, but get this, 3 jacked 7 holes, only 1 one putt. Shot an 81 (+9). They did just aerate the greens and they were shaved and fast. The ball never stayed on the ground the whole way to the hole, it always jumped up so I can't complain that much. I did miss only 4 greens, should have gotten up and down more often, but again, the ball was not rolling at all. Painting a picture, 2 ft putt, 45* kick. However, I am extremely proud of my play.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades