IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had a 2 pm Dr checkup, so I played 18 at my home course, Pebble Creek, Tampa, FL.

I shot a 85, with the following:

34 putts
Fairways made: 11 out of 14
GIR: 6
1 birdie

Great day for me.....

+5. Hit the stick on a par 3-152 with 8-iron, 3 eagle chances, ball striking was PURE, putting was...meh...

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Played today at my home course... Gold Course at Paradise Point on Camp Lejeune. 83 with two double bogey's. At least I will be able to blam them on the rain that came about for the last 6holes. All in all my game is coming around!

Just a mediocre 41 today... Tripled bogeyed the second hole and birdied the 5th and 8th. Entire play was mediocre, except my wedges were spot on. It was also rainy and cold, but I had no choice but to play as a member of my high school's golf team.

I don't remember a day on the course where my swing was as bad as today. Shot a 115 and made about 10 good swings all day...one of which worked better than anticipated and 3 of which I was penalized for. The course was set up very short due to wind, but about 14 greens had hole that were 4-5 paces or less from the edge...very very difficult greens that did not roll close to true. I think all our area courses are being penalized for our winter still.

Ever hit a shot that was drawing (right to left for me) and when it hit the fairway it bounced back to the right and into a pond that the ball was bending away from? Yep...that happened today too.

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

First round of the year, nice weather, no volcano ash, though flights were cancelled today. Played on a course near our international airport, par 72, links course.

Front nine were jittery, finished with a 42, 6 over. Decided to try to continue m momentum from the last 3 holes on the front, and came in on the back with a 37, one over. Total 79.

Greens are less than attractive here at the moment, but with a little bit more warm weather and rain, in June they will be excellent.

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

81 (+11)

+3 front, +8 back (started finding trees)
Hey, it was wet!

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

+3 front
+6 back
_______

first time on this course, WINDY

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Strange round. The good news is it's my third and third straight sub-50 9-hole round. Shot 49. It could easily have been better, but I'm not really complaining.

It was a bit slow because there was a high school match going on, but I still got through in just a touch over 2 hours. Still, as a single, that's a lot of waiting. It wasn't so bad, sort of helped me to enjoy the afternoon. I also filled in a lot of divots on the tee boxes and fixed a lot of pitch marks.

The first hole is a 440 yard par 4 from the whites, and I always double bogey it. It's wide open, but my drives aren't long or straight so I usually wind up playing from a neighboring fairway and there are trees in between that make it a challenge. Well, today my driver-fu was working---blasted a ~240 yard drive up the middle, took a funny bounce to the right but wound up in the fairway. That's the second longest drive I've ever hit, and the longest on a flat fairway. My 4-iron from there wound up left in the rough, but had it been straight there's a good chance it'd have had the roll to make the green. Sadly, my chip hit an uphill spot just short of the fringe, so I got no roll and had a long putt from the fringe, followed by two more putts. So, as usual, I started things off with a double. I've don't usually feel so ecstatic after one, though.

My driver was not well behaved for most of the rest of the round, though. Third hole I blasted uphill about 210 yards, but it was right and wound up under a tree. Still, I pitched out nicely and had a short pitch onto the green (short par 4) and then 2-putted for a bogey.

On the 5th, a 423-yard uphill par 5, things took a turn for the worse. I pop/blocked my tee shot far right, where it lands with the driving range between it and the hole. Took a provisional and didn't pop it, but it still wound up way right. Both ended up within 20 yards of each other, so I took the first one. It was, as I'd feared, impossible to do anything but chip back to the fairway and there was a bunker in the way. Topped the chip a bit and wound up in the bunker. 6I out, but hit fat so it was more of a blast... but at least I was out. This left me with probably 200 yards uphill to the green, so I decided to go with a 6I and play a pitch after that rather than go for it. Nailed it pretty well, but right, and then pitched on. Sadly, I came up about a yard short of the upper tier where the flag was, so I had a 40 footer up a steep incline to the top shelf. At least it was straight. Somehow I found the right length, but missed a couple inches left. Made the < 1-footer for double bogey. Not what I wanted, but happy with the last couple shots at least.

On the next one... disaster. Despite plenty of time for practice swings while waiting for the fairway to clear, I again blocked out high and right. Unfortunately, this time it cleared the net and wound up *IN* the driving range. At least, that's my theory---I was too embarrassed to spend long searching along the netting. My provisional this time was hammered low and left, just off the fairway about 60 yards from the green. Hit a pretty good sand wedge half shot but got no bite, so wound up with a putt back from the fringe. Misjudged a bit and left a 15-foot putt, but managed to sink it. All things considered, I was happy to eke out a double-bogey there.

Next hole is about 330 yards, but rather narrow, so I went with a 5 wood instead of my driver. Still went a bit right, but just behind some trees. They were low, so instead of my usual SW chip, I went with a 5I to punch. Here was the first truly stupid lost stroke---hit ground a good 3 inches before the ball, rolled it 10 feet. Argh. Still having fun though, so went up and did it right, left myself just short of the 100 yard marker, which is my favorite place to be. This time, though, it was a bit nerve-wracking. Up until a few weeks ago, my PW was a 90 to 100 yard club, and my 9I was 100-110. But I've picked up 10-20 yards per club in the last few weeks, so right here I had to decide if that was real or not. It was important: the flag was hiidden in the center of a kidney-shaped green directly behind a fairly deep bunker. Going for the exposed corners of the green was possible, but they're sorta 3-putt territory. After a long wait for the high-schoolers to clear, I went with the PW. Good call. I don't think I've ever hit one quite so well---perfect little divot, nice rising ball flight, and apparently hit about 5 feet from the pin and rolled out to 15 feet. Made the putt, too.

Next hole, again went driver and again went right, all the way across a par 3. Somehow hit a 6I over some tall trees and managed a bogey. Then on the last hole, a long uphill par 4 dogleg left, hit the best drive in a long time---could have been a bit higher I guess, but had a perfect draw to follow the fairway, wound up about 5 yards past the 200 yard marker. Pulled a 4I and hit a bit thin, but still came up within 20 yards of the green. That's the chip I practice the most, so I was pretty happy---I never even dream of having a putt at par on this hole. So I pulled my trusty sand wedge, settled in, and... fluffed it 6 feet. That was disappointing, but I could still be happy with a bogey. So I settled again, took a deep breath, and chunked it 6 more feet. ARGH! Finally chipped the next one to less than a foot and made the putt, but how's that for snatching a double bogey out of nowhere?

Argh. So in the end, a 49, which is good for me, but there were at LEAST 3 and maybe even 5 strokes just left on the course for no good reason. I'll get them next time.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I started playing last year, teaching myself really. I bought a Slazenger beginners set (the stainless steel ones) at Dicks for a decent price and I love it. I hated the hybrids at first but now I can hit the ball about the same distance as the 3 wood. Last time I played was about a week ago, I have bad holes and good holes so i generally end up with a 110-120 for 18. However this time I played 9 with two buddies and I ended up getting a 47 on the front :) (my best yet) I'm pretty excited, I want to break 100 on 18 by the end of the year! :)

Shot 83 today. Sprayed the ball all over the place off the tee but was 6/7 for U&D;'s and only 30 putts (which I see as good). Was really happy with my short game today.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Shot 11 over par on a easy par 9. I have a long way to go but I am a lot better than when i started haha. I started playing 4 days ago and played 3 out of the last 4 days. Hopefully I don't get too burnt out.

9 over par for 9 holes, 3 pars, 3 double bogeys, 3 bogeys.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades