IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

82, with no less than seven sand shots. Call me Lawrence Of Arabia.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 91 yesterday. 44/47, not great but considering all the mistakes made I'll take it.

Driver: TM R11 9* S
3 Wood: Orlimar
Irons: Mizuno MP-60 4-PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 56.13, 60.08
Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi C-03

Had a damn good round today at Ocean Acres Country Club NJ. Here are the stats

Score: 88
Fairways: 10 out of 14 fairways
GIR: 8
Putts: 32 putts

Longest Drive: 265 yards
Best Putt for birdie: 2 ft after second shot on par 4

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

91 (45/46). Not too angry at that, been working on some minor swing changes and I liked the results. Had two triple bogeys, both with approach shots going in the sand and both with 3 putts.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Shot a 87 (45/42) today at Jimmy Austin in Norman, Ok. I almost always hit the back nine better for some reason. Beautiful weather in Oklahoma right now. Sunny and mid to low 80's.

Callaway 3.5 Stand Bag Taylormade Burner 10.5 Driver Callaway Razr X 21* Hybrid Callaway Razr Forged Irons 4-9 Titleist Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 Odyssey White Hot XG #1 putter

Shot an 81 today.

par
par
double
par
par
par
par
par
bogey

bogey
par
triple
par
bogey
par
birdie
double
bogey
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

On Saturday last week, shot 88. Drove the ball great, but the flat stick let me down all day. ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I've changed my putting stroke about a couple of weeks ago. I'll give it another month of try.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

89 (44/45) @ Centennial. Lots of trouble with my 3W and a little trouble with my driver. Chipping was good, putting was decent. Great weather.

"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."- John Wayne

Yesterday, I played a new course with 73.4/137 rating and at 7088 yds.
Shot 86. Felt pretty good all day. I think my game is finally settling down, just when the season is about to end...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Play an upmarket course today. Shot +16. Not too bad, but could have been a LOT better. Could have saved 4/5 on greens, and 5 or 6 by playing sensibly. Level par for all the par 3's. Course management couldn't have been a lot worse. One of my last rounds for 6 months!
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Played Herndon Centennial in NOVA yesterday on a beautiful fall day (75*, light breeze, not a cloud in the sky). Might have been my last round of the season and I wanted to post a great score going into the off-season. So what do I do but post a...98!!! HORRIBLE way to end 2010 golf! In the woods off of almost every tee causing me to have to either pitch out and lay up or take a stroke for a lost ball. Duffed approach shots all day and the flat stick was WAY OFF (I posted a 5 putt on #13! a 5 putt!!!) Might need to squeeze in another round before it gets too cold around here so I can get rid of this sour taste in my mouth!

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

A disappointing 98 (53/45) in 20mph winds. It was brutal but manageable and I was stubborn as hell on the front 9 with using my driver. At the turn I decided to keep it in the bag and went 4 irons off the tee and managed to hit 5/7 fairways and keep myself in much more manageable position. I also had 5 penalties on the front 9 due to lost balls! My playing partner had the same issue - this was a links course so we would see the ball land but the fescue just ate them up. Super frustrating!

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Shot an 88 yesterday. Played terrible. Couldn't get anything going until late in the round but by then it was too late.

Today should be interesting though. We have a wind advisory until 10pm and we're supposed to get 50mph winds.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Coach Rick with confession time. I am at 3.6 on the books. When I play I like to let students hit, then I match their distance so we can share the same next shot into the green, down the fairway, or out of the trap. (Getting IN the trap is the easiest shot.) So when I play I analyze students games and critique their swing mechanics, game / shot management and self / emotional controls, to improve their ENTIRE game. With that I have been playing to more of a 10 not 3.6. In talking with other PGA section teachers, the general rules is to stop playing with students for 2 weeks so we can concentrate on our own games before a tournament. I guess we need time to let the other swings fall into the background and get ours back up front in real time memory. So it's 10 today and with the season winding down, hopefully I can get back to 3 or better... Coach Rick