IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Got out today and walked the front 9 at Colonial and shot bogey golf at a +9 44. Was a bit chilly, about 45 at 3 pm when i started and down to 42 by the time i finished at about 4:30. Threw on an extra sweatshirt and sock hat, hands warmed up after about 4 holes, dont have hand warmers, just alternated which hand I pushed the cart with and put the other one in my pocket. Almost no wind helped to make it not feel quite so cold but its still about as cold as I want to play. Going to try to play 9 again sat and then probably put the clubs away for a while as its not supposed to get out of the 30's until maybe next weekend.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

42 front 41 back. Started out at 28 *F (-2 *C), sunny and got to about 36 *F (2 *C) by the time we finished. You should know that here in Colorado, as long as it is sunny, 36 *F feels pretty warm relative to lower elevations or higher humidity areas. So sunny 36*F here feels like about mid to high 50's *F in say, Philadelphia, Boston, or New York (I used to live in Collegeville, PA--40 miles NW of Philly and Boston).

Lost a couple of balls due to leaves on the ground, so that cost me a few extra strokes.

I love playing this time of year. The weather and football games keep many hackers away leaving the golf course nearly empty! Only the die hards are out this time of year--that TYPICALLY means a fast pace of play. We were third group out, but the first two groups were like jack rabbits. Except for the first tee, we never had to wait for any shots. We finished in 3-1/2 hours!

Gotta love those rounds when you don't feel rushed and you don't feel you are waiting on every shot!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Before the weather turned sour, I played 18 at Sharon Woods Golf Course in Cincinnati ... never had broken 90 on that course before, but this time was special. I got to the tee at 17 knowing that I'd need to shoot par-birdie to break 90 for the day, and proceeded to par 17 (great drive, FW to 15 feet, 2-oputt for my par) and birdie 18 (great drive, hybrid to about 20 feet, and the birdie putt went in the side door) ... the best part, though, was the fact that my playing partners got to witness my 2-hole rally for a personal best score ... what a great day, for sure!

Well, actually it was yesterday. Shot a 74, 3 over. My home course near Sedona AZ, Verde Santa Fe GC. Had 5 bogeys and 2 birds. I missed 4 up and downs after missing a few greens. It was a good driving day but my approaches left alot to be desired. I also missed 3 solid birdie chances. I only had 31 putts if I remember correctly.

Weather was great.....67 degrees, clear skies and zero wind to contend with.

Driver Callaway Diablo Edge --- Custom Sonartec 3, 5 and 7 woods made +1" stiff shafts --- Irons 5-L Ping G10 +1" 4.5* upright reg shafts --- ---Putter Tiger Shark

Played Saturday @ Bayonet in Seaside,CA and shot a 109. Driver and irons were feeling good. 3 wood and short game went all to hell. greens were riducolsy fast.

In my Bennington Cart Bag
Cleveland Launcher 9* Graffaloy Comp NT 65X
Titleist 906F2 15* Aldila NV 85S Pink
Nike Slingshot 2H Factory S Shaft
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DG S300TaylorMade RAC 52* and 60*Odyssey White Hot Tour RossieBridgestone B330-RX

48 for 9 holes, which is a so-so score for me. I'm happy though, both because it's only my second outing in the last couple months and because I pulled out a 48 with three 7s on the card. A few stupid shots and some bad putting early cost me, but it could easily have been a 43 or 44. Encouraging.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Went out today even though it was blustery, 35º and flurrying.

Driving was wayyyyyyyyyyyy off (I don't think I was really loose enough for my shaft today), putting was great (first sub 36 putt round in a while), irons (first time ever swinging them) felt god-like (yay forged!)

Shot an 84 (+8, +4), 33 putts, 33% fairways, 50% gir, 2 birdies, 4 pars, 10 bogeys and 2 doubles. Pretty nice round for the wind gusts reaching 30 mph.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Went out again. Big mistake. Most frustrating 9 holes I've ever played (well, actually probably second most). For the first time ever I gave up keeping score after about the 4th hole because it was the only way I could salvage some enjoyment from the outing. It started well enough, with a nice drive on the first hole instead of my usual hook OB or slice into the trees. When I topped the hybrid approach shot, I knew it wasn't a good sign... and it was pretty much downhill from there. Yuck yuck yuck. I'm lucky all my clubs are still intact is all I can say. All I know is I need to find some time at the range, because I've lost my feel for a lot of my clubs and it's not getting back by hitting 'em once or twice during a round.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Shot a 80. Missed a 8 foot putt on 18 for 79. How ever did chip in for birdie on 15, drained a 25 ft putt for birdie on 16, nice up and down for par on 17 so i didnt exactly "lose" it coming down the stretch. Actually felt like i was playing well and now excited for my next round.

Shot complete crap on 9-holes...+9, all bogeys. Struck the ball beautifully, but it was almost too damn windy to play. I carried one ball 340 into the woods behind the green on one hole. That same swing produced a 200 yard drive on the next hole. It just got me out of my element and I didn't know what shots to hit on the approaches. Lost a lot of strokes to chipping because of mud.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Went over the local muni for the last round there for the year but they were still in a frost delay at 1 pm so I headed over to Minebrook (heard some...not so great things) but for $16 with a cart, why not. And most of the negative comments were about the horrid pace of play and terrible golfers that play there so being winter I wouldn't deal with that.

Get there, 9 holes have temporary greens. Greattttttttttttt. Already here, might as well play. The course was just miserable. The greens (that were playable) were in awful shape and tiny as anything. There were several >360 yd par 4's. Ended up with an 43 on 9 before I decided being out there in the 25° weather just wasn't worth it anymore.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Yaaaaaay! Finally broke 90 again (The first time in about 8 years). I had two +2 and 0ne +3, but I also had 6 pars. It was by far, the most solid round I've played in a long time.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades