IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

78 on a par 70, which i think is pretty good for me considering there were near constant gusts of wind between 15 and 25 mph and the wind chill was probably around 35. good thing i'd been practicing my knockdown irons!

93. First round in over a month. Expectations were tame and my round started off really well but I had a meltdown on the back 9. #17, par 3 over water, chunked my tee shot right into it. Bladed my 4th from the drop zone over the green, ended up with a 7. Only thing really going for me today was my 3 wood, worked very nicely off the tee (it was out of my bag all year, finally got some range work with it and it's becoming a go-to club).

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I was in Hawaii last week (Oahu and Maui), and played Ko'olau, which is suppose to be the "toughest course" in the U.S. Played from the Championship tee (6800+ yds, but not the back most tee, which is +7300 yds). Shot 84. There were lots of carries on the tee shot and/or the second shot. Thank goodness my game was on, otherwise I would have had a tough time with some of those carries. Some of tee shots required +250 carry. And some of the second shots required +170 carry.

But the greens were SLOOOOWWWW!!! I don't know what kind of grass they have there, but it had a feel of crab grass on both the fairways and the greens. The scenery was spectacular, though.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 for 9 holes on the same course that I gave up scoring midway through last week. Finally took a day later in that week to go and really practice at the range for the first time in a couple months, and that helped a lot. Instead of trying to think about technique, I was confident enough to relax and just swing with the swing that felt right. There were a lot of mistakes, but my iron and hybrid shots had some of the best contact I've ever had, and all but one thinned PW had exactly the trajectory, if not quite the direction, that I intended. Tee shots and short game left a lot to be desired, but they were passable.

Played a Bridgestone Tour B330-S that I found in my warm-up bucket (don't worry, I donated another ball in its place, but I've been wanting to try one of the premium Bridgestone balls). It was fine, but I don't think it was much better for me than the usual mid-range balls I play, so I don't think I'm really tempted to switch.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Haven't played today but shot a 41 on the back nine of my home course sunday. It was raining, but it was almost 60 degrees and I enjoyed that while it lasted (it's like 18* now). I was driving the ball pretty well, approach shots were good, but I couldn't putt. I'm blaming the wet greens

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

80 (+8) with 86% fairways, 50% GIR and 33 putts.

If there was a cup there, yo I lipped it.

Can't read breaks, for I am a dipshit.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I shot a 93 today. One of my goals for 2011 was to finally break 100, but I guess I did it a touch early. After two full weeks of no golf other than watching the Golf Academy, I went out to play today and had a round with no others, which I have never done before. My previous lowest round was 102 on this course which is a tough one. I am still stunned. When I put my score in the handicap system said that this score is much lower than normal, press post again to submit.

seem to be in a bit of a funk here lately.  81 today, with my putter alternating between being a saving grace and my undoing - i holed two 20+ foot putts for birdies, but missed at least four or five short putts that should have been pars but wound up as bogeys.

little better today with a 79, though it didn't look very good at the outset.  came off the front nine at +7, but then put together a long string of pars on the back nine and kept it under the big 8-0.

79 (+7) with 93% fairways (missed one right, by maybe five feet), 56% GIR and 33 putts, again. Didn't get up-and-down once all day. And that's pretty much all I've been practicing.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

On a par 71 I shot 79 today and 76 yesterday. Finally started hitting some greens in regulation and putts started going in. I was bombing my driver the past two days as well.

I'm a 10.6 handicap so shooting this well two days in a row is really good for me. I'm hoping this is the beginning of consistently lower scores!

titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* titleist.gif 910F 13.5* 
titleist.gif 909H 17* titleist.gif AP2 710 3, 5-PW
vokey.gif Spin Milled 52*08| 56*11 | 60*07
taylormade.gif Rossa Classic Imola 8 AGSI

ugh, hacked my way along to an 86 today.  it was only about 35 degrees with a little bit of wind, but i can't blame that score entirely on the elements.  only four pars and two birdies.  had three or four good drives (all around 285 and up the middle) and a couple of great putts, but that wasn't enough to save the round.

76 (+4) at an old-fashioned links layout on a very rare day with no wind at all. Greens were shaggy and sloooow and my aunt -- who plays there often -- told me to just hit everything firmly and inside the hole. Proceeded to take 26 putts, with only 11 on the back nine! Easily my best putting round ever. Had to laugh.

Stretch.

Shot a 42 today at Prairie View in Cheyenne, Wyoming. (Par 36) It was 44F and blustery, but no snow on the ground. Very rare to be golfing at this time of the year. I went snowmobiling in the mountains 30 min west of town on Monday and golfed today. It will all come to an end on Thursday with an incoming snowstorm.

I played more this month then any previous December (5 times) and finished the year with 78 rounds of golf.

taylormade.gifDriver- Burner
adams.gif Fairway Woods, Irons and Wedges
odyssey.gif Putter- White Hot XG 1
taylormade.gifBall- LDP Burner
nike.gifBag- ProCombo

Shot a 92 yesterday (70.0/123/6400yds).  Really disappointing as 6 of the stokes were penalty strokes only 1 of which was my driver and all the others were un-playable lies from second shots (3 from the fairway).  But there was some good news too, only 31 putts and only one 3 putt.  So the quest continues.

Butch

It was 49 *F at 11:30 AM today.  Went out to play 18 with a client, but the client decided it was too cold after 9, so we quit after 9.

I shot +2 for the nine.  Wished I had finished playing 18, but being it was a business outing, I had no choice but to quit after 9.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2