IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played 9 holes today and got around in +1. Can't complain as I've only played 3 times in just over a month. The break did me some good just to clear the mind, but ready to get back at it soon. Suppose to rain the rest of this week so maybe I can get some golf in next week. I hope this winter will be more mild than last year.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

In spite of my disaster Monday (92) I got my email update to my handicap index and it dropped to 18.7--Guess I'm on the right track.  Not sure if this belongs here or on the 2011 goals tread.  Happy New Year!!

Butch

I managed to get my first round in for 2011 and I shot 95. A great start to the year for me as one of my goals for 2011 was to break 100 again. I hit 6 fairways and only one green (the ninth). I missed a five foot putt for birdie on that hole. Overall I was very pleased.

Debating whether to play or not tomorrow. Have the day off from work, but supposed to be a high of 34. Sunny, but cold. Hmmm.

Ok, I'll play.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

82 today, half of which came from the first three holes where i took double, double, and bogey.  i was hitting everything from 100 yards in nearly flawlessly, but not a single bird was to be found.  i had probably half a dozen tap-in pars from a foot or less.

Shot 91 yesterday, again disappointing (69.3,118,6200+).  But it mostly putting (37) & short game this time and not penalty stokes like the last round.  Haven't been playing/practicing much due to weather and holidays.  But hope to fix that starting next week (bunch of home and charity work this week).

Butch

I finally broke 100 with a 91. It wa a short par67 with no par 5's, but it was challenging and DAMN cold. started out at 28deg and ended the round at 36deg.  The ground was rock hard and I saw some guys using there woods as hammers to drive T's into the ground. I couldn't use my driver or wood because I'm not that great of the deck when it is as soft as grass, much less concrete. I used only my irons for drives. LOL I am really good with my 4iron now. It was at The Nile golf course just north of Seattle. Now let's see if I can repeat it at Mt Si...

IN THE Nova BAG:
Cleveland Launcher, 10.5, ALDILA VS Prototype 60g S flex
Adams Fast10 3w
Cleveland Mashie M3 hybrid 20.5 S flex 
Ping G5 4-PWSGS 52, 58, 62Ping iwi anser 34"Bridgestone B330-RXS

74 (+2) on the most glorious summer morning. Crystal clear, light breeze, mid-80s. This was my best chance yet to go around at par. I was one over on the 16th, hit a nine iron to five feet and lipped the birdie putt. This pissed me off enough to drill the next tee shot into a lateral hazard and that was all she wrote. Scheisse! Anyway, still good enough to get me cut another full shot on the spot. Having a bit of a purple patch... 93% fairways, 61% GIR, 31 putts. Two birds, four bogeys, 12 pars.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 4 days this week, not bad for the winter. Our group played a scramble format today which was fun for a change. My team shot -11 vs -10 against the team we played. A pretty good match.

Might go hit some range balls tomorrow as the next few days will be more like winter. Sleet and snow forecast for Sunday and Monday. Darn it!

Sub 70 849 9* driver

77 on par 72 today.  played from the whites, so only about 6000+ yards, but it was only about 40 degrees, so i wasn't getting a whole lot of distance out of my shots.  i was dead-on with my driver, splitting the fairway every time, but i was only rolling out to about 250-260.  ah well, made for nice, easy 7-8-9 iron approaches.  came out with 11 pars, 6 bogeys and 1 birdie.  (i do love it when i have a double-bogey-free round!)

I was practicing today and decided to try to squeeze in 9 holes. The sunset was in 55 minutes and the greens were rock hard frozen (it was 36 degrees) but I decided to anyway. I literally had to run to my ball and take no practice swings, but I broke away with a 38. I still can't beleive I did that. This is going down as one of my greatest accomplishments. Not my lowest round, but the fact that I did it in those conditions in that time was crazy.

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

Finally got to play this week although a little cool, around 50. But played pretty good and shot 75. Got away with a couple of thin iron shots, but no complaints for this time of the year. Just glad to be able to play.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

I played my first full 18 hole round of the year and man, I just put down a monster number. Started off well, until I got to #5, hooked 2 consecutive balls OB, than over corrected and pushed one into a lake, took an 11. Recovered well with four pars, than played bogey golf up until 15 which I tripled, a par on 16 and then doubled 17 and quadded 18 for a total 91! I had fun though, was just laughing at myself the whole time. Like others, I'm just glad to get out there this time of year.

Driver: taylormade.gif R9 Superdeep TP 8.5* - Aldila RIP 70x | 3-Wood: taylormade.gif R9 TP 15* - Diamana Blueboard 83x | Hybrid: taylormade.gif Rescue TP 19* - Motore F3 95x | Irons: taylormade.gif RAC TP MB 3-PW - Dynamic Gold x100 | Wedges: taylormade.gif TP xFT 54.12* and 60.10* - Dynamic Gold s400 | Putter:  ping.gif Karsten Anser - 33"

wow.  probably the worst round i've played in an entire year today - 91 on a par 70.  and i really wasn't hitting THAT many bad shots, i just kept getting the worst breaks possible - ball would land and kick straight left into a bunch of bushes and i'd have to eat a stroke getting out, or it'd land in some kind of absurd position - like hanging on the front lip of a 4-foot deep ditch where i couldn't take any kind of stance to it, or just baaarely carrying a 7-iron across a pond only to land and backspin down the slope into the water.  crap like that all day long, combined with half a dozen or so legitimately bad shots on my part.  ugh.  terrible.  just terrible.

Shot a 71 on a par 70. A few silly mistakes but overall a good round.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x