IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

My game is steadily improving!

Career best 81. 39/42 today in 50F degrees with a 15 MPH breeze. I hit it off the tee better than I ever have hitting 12 of 14 FW, but only 6 GIR. 31 putts, 5 up and down for par. 1 birdie, 10 pars, 5 bogeys, a double bogey and a triple bogey.  A sloppy start to the back 9 with a double and a triple on the first two holes was the true test of my round. This is the point in the past where I would've just mailed it in and started hacking it up. But I hung in there and played the last 7 holes at +1 with the lone birdie on 18. Differential was 10.8

I'm sniffing @ the 70's!!!

Ugh.  46 for 9 holes (+11 relative to par), which is a good score, but it was a painful way to do it.  For 6 of the holes my score was +3.  For the other 3 it was +8 (a quad and two doubles).  One of these, the first hole, is fine---it's a long par 4, so I'm happy to treat it like a par 5 so a 6 there is like a bogey.  The other two holes, though, were just stupid.  First one I hit a sliced 3W to within a foot of a boundary fence, but the line of play was such that I could hit a normal PW from there with only mental inferference.  That landed a couple feet short of the green, 10-15 feet from the pin.  Somehow it took 4 to get down from there.  The quad was the next hole---frustration from the 6 was a contributing factor, but mostly it was bizarre random luck.  My tee shot was a bit high and right and smacked squarely into a low-hanging branch, sending it into a thicket way left, about 20 yards up from the tee box.  The only smart thing to do was to re-tee under stroke and distance (since there was no distance to speak of), and my second tee shot was a rare draw.  Unfortunately there was also a right-to-left cross breeze so I wound up way left with a maintenance shed in the way and had to punch out.  Blah blah blah.

Bounced back with a nice GIR+par on the next hole, then sunk a 20-some foot breaking putt to make bogey on the 9th.  To be fair, karma did pay me back a bit on that one because my putt was going to go about 20 feet past if it hadn't hit squarely in the middle of the cup... still, it was so close to being a disaster-free round, it was just kind of sad to have those black marks in the middle of the card.

Edit: Things were worse the next day, 51 over 9 on the same course.  Sad, sad, sad.  Closest thing to a bright spot was nearly parring the difficult last hole, but even there it was just a stupid case of leaving an uphill putt short... Today was just ugly.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

absolutely lousy.  93 on a par 71.  it was cold, it was windy, and we just had a pretty big rain come through night before last so there was more mud, muck, and casual water than any grass to speak of.  i used my skycaddie to mark my driver distance, and the longest drive i had all day was 219 because it was seriously all carry, and carry isn't much for me when it's 40 degrees and i've got wind cutting into me.  on top of that, those greens are a mystery to basic physics.  i'd swear to you it was going to turn a foot to the left, and instead it'd turn three feet to the right, somehow breaking UP the hill instead of down it.  and then all sorts of invisible breaks around the hole that my eyes just can't see.  i don't know how many pars i lost because the ball would get 4 inches from the hole and suddenly make a 45 degree turn away from the hole.

shot a 64 today!! I was playing very well. par is 62 though. lol. short little "practice" course I like to say. david L baker golf course in mile square park.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Shot an 86 (46/40) on Saturday. I played at Jimmy Austin (University of Oklahoma's course).

Callaway 3.5 Stand Bag Taylormade Burner 10.5 Driver Callaway Razr X 21* Hybrid Callaway Razr Forged Irons 4-9 Titleist Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 Odyssey White Hot XG #1 putter

Saturday i shot an 82 on a par 71...played 72.4/131 from my tees.  could've/should've been a much better round but 3 doubles got the best of me. did sink a 76 footer for a birdie on the par 3 17th...small victories right? lol

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

65 degrees and mostly sunny.  Shot a 75, 4 over.  Birdies on 5 and 6.  15 ft putt on 5 and a 20 yard pitch in on 6.  Missed at least 4 putts of less then 5 ft, as I've changed my putting stroke and putter.  As i work on the putting my scores should drop a bit.  I'm playing currently to an 8 hdcp, so the 4 over is good at this point.  I hit the ball very well, chipped very well and putting saw signs of change.

I'm working on lagging as I've been hitting the ball really high, but short.  Seemed to work well today, lower and longer ball flight, but I did pull a few approaches to the left.

Driver Callaway Diablo Edge --- Custom Sonartec 3, 5 and 7 woods made +1" stiff shafts --- Irons 5-L Ping G10 +1" 4.5* upright reg shafts --- ---Putter Tiger Shark

Shot a 119 +47.  57 on the front 9, 62 on the back.

Have only been playing a month or so, but still disappointed. Since playing, my best round is a 50 during a front 9, so getting to 100 is always the goal.

Positives.  Not many.  I hit a straight drive 220 yards, so happy about that.   Before I went out I hit hit the driving range and worked on 60 yard or less hits and it paid off during the round.  Within 60 yards I hit some good shots with the wedges.   Also, I played a course that I liked (Riverbend in Kent, WA), so will be going there again on a regular basis.

Negatives.  Where to start lol.  Well, I played with a +4 handicapper, and he said that he was surprised I had only played a month or so, as he thought my swing was good and that I'll improve with practice.   Usually I get 1-3 pars per round, but no pars today.  I hit the ball very fat in the rough.  I tend to over-swing, so need to be more disciplined.  My hybrid is giving me trouble, and I need a lot of work in the sand traps.  Hit 2 in the water today.  Putting was very off today.

I'm confident in a month or so I'll be in the low 100 on a regular basis.  Just need more practice.

Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

87 45/42 today in cool and extremely wet conditions. 8 of 14 FW, and only 5 GIR. 33 putts including a 3 putt bogey when I missed a tap in 3 footer for par. 3 up and down for par. 8 pars, 5 bogeys, 5 double bogeys.  In the first three hole I soaked 2 balls, one due to a bad swing and the other to a bad bounce, leading to two of the double bogeys. It was all down hill from there, although I did par the last 4 holes to keep it from the 90's.

Well I shot 96 yesterday. Ordinarily I would be disappointed with that but it was a difficult course (slope=123) and the wind was blowing 25-45 MPH so conditions were less than ideal.  But I only had 2 three putts and had  5 one putts.  I didn't hit many fairways (5) but in the wind that's probably not too bad for me.  Had avoided the two 8's on the back side (wind was pretty high in the latter part of the round) it could have been a lot better round.  But my worst day on the course is still better than my best day in the office.

Butch

Well, I left a pretty good score out on the course today. Just couldn't buy a putt. Shot 83, with 38 putts. THIRTY EIGHT!!!

Hit 11 of 14 fairways and 9 GIR, too. Ugggh....

--- Rebel Golfer ---

I shot 80 for the third time in a row today at my home course with many birdies left on the course.

Overall I'm very happy with where my game is heading.

Shot a 78 (40-38) at Papago Golf Course, par 72, where they used to have an LPGA event here in Phoenix, AZ. Played back "Blue" Men's tees at 6771 yards (still Black tips at 7333 yards). It plays to a 72.0/125. Perfect day, low 80's with a real light wind all day and lots of sun. First day with my new putter (Ping iWi Craz-E) and I struggled with it having 3 three putts. Also my driver was ALL over the place. I only hit 2 fairways and they were both par 5's that I birdied. Despite the bad driving I had 9 GIRs, 7 of them in a row. I was also 3/6 on ups and downs.

OG Hoofer bag
Titleist 905R 9.5°, Grapite Design YS-6+ (S)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood, Grafalloy ProLaunch 65S
Ping ISI-s: JZ Cushin Regular flex, white dot
Titleist Vokey Design 54° "AW", Cleveland 588 60° "LW", Ping IWI Craz-E

Home Course: Falcon Dunes, Luke AFB, AZ

81, and no double bogeys. Only the third or fourth time I can recall having done that. Only one 6, too.

The course was really wet and there was a two-club wind. I had a hard time getting all the way down to the ball. Hit almost all of my irons thin. Maybe I was nervous about digging into the muck.

105… at an easy course too. I would say Im in a bit of a slump right now. Its like ive forgotten how to play the game altogether. I think I only hit 2 fairways today. It was ugly. Driver was slicing like crazy and I could not fix it. Had no idea why… Really had a downer of a day… there were a few shots that made me think: "ok, now we got it back." but sadly they were just teasers. I would find a way to screw it up on the next shot.

Even sader still is I have a tournament tomorrow… oh boy…

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

92 at my home course.  This is my first round since January 1, and my first round at my home course since early December.  Man I missed it!  Speaking of missing, I also did that to a lot of short putts.  But I hit a good number of fairways (10) and greens (6), including hitting a utility metal to 14" on the first par-3 for an easy birdie.  Well, I know what I need to practice.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played terrible today 84 +12.  Tee to green was great 10/14 fairways (but 2 went OB).  12/18 GIR.  But once I was on the green I was terrible.  36 putts with 4 3putts.  I just could not get the speed down.  I guess it was the first time they rolled and cut all the greens after the snow we got here.  I just could not get the speed blew everything by and then missed the 5-6 footers back.  Due to the speed I missed all reads because I just blew the ball through the breaks.

I guess I have to look at the positives though cause I struck the ball great but I just can't sleep when I putt that bad.