IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I'll continue the trend.  Shot 91 today.  Ninety effing one.  It's all short game shots.  20-40 yards and I'm garbage.  Outside that or inside that and I'm decent, but drop me at 30-40 yards and it takes me a few swear words before I reach the green

Got out for the first round of the year. Didn't keep great track of my score but it was somewhere around 85. Had one triple and at least 3 double bogeys. Lots of pars and one birdie. Course played real tough. Was about 40 degrees, I couldnt get loose and was almost 2 clubs shorter than usual. Actually hit quite a few real nice 4-5 irons into greens from 180-200 out. Greens were a joke and the ground was real soggy. Most of my drives were in the 240 range and that was all carry. Hopefully it warms up a bit more this week!

yesterday was prolly my 5th round of the year. shot a +4 on the front and even on the back for 76 i played pretty darn good, but it could have been better like always haha! i also had a moment where i couldnt control my frustration and gave my 5 iron a ride it wont soon forget! chunked it into some trees dented up the shaft on the grip area........ the very next hole was a par 5 im about 195 out and i laced my 5 iron within 8 ft and drained my eagle. (sorry Mr. 5 iron)

Keep it where the mowers go!

I had an "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut" round yesterday--shot a career best 79 (43/36).  While I'm sure this round is just an aberration, I'm encouraged that all the work I've been putting into my golf game for the past 8 months is starting to pay dividends.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

The only thing I'm shooting is my putter with a shotgun.  Played 9-holes, hit 3 flagsticks, 88% greens (one hit the stick and bounced off), 100% fairways.  Shot +9, so do the math there....  Admittedly I had just tweaked the weight and length and went straight to the course....  Maybe that was a bad plan Frustrating because I'm wearing a small dime-sized hole in all my irons and putting worse than 2.5/hole, usually from 10 feet or less.  Time to work on putting and let the ballstriking go to the crapper.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Shot an 86 @ a pretty nice track, Greystone. Driver was erratic all day but the short game came back to life. Had 4 or 5 chips to kick-in range and 10 one-putts. Was very happy with that. Only 28 putts total. And to think I was about to sell my Scotty and go back to my 2-ball.

Downside for the day: On 17 I pulled my drive left. Thought it went in the water but was excited to drive up and see that it held up on the side of the hill next to the water. Only had 135 or so to the hole. Took out the 8 iron and put a good swing on it only to hear and feel ***CRACK*** OW!! There was a rock directly under the ground under my ball. Rock had to be 6-8 inches in diameter and 4-5" deep and I just cracked it. Put a real nice chip in my club and stung my wrist all the way up to my shoulder. So that sucked.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Finally had a good round. One under 71. Been struggling so nice to throw a good one in there.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Played 9 today played like well ummm poop. Shot a 48 hit some horrible shots off the tee, but made some clutch like 15ft par and bogey puts. oh well :/

Shot 89 today, first sub-90 round of 2011. Finally adjusted to my grip tweak, especially off the tee. However I had 5 3-putts today and wasted 11/18 GIRs. 41 putts total Absolutely had a chance for a special round today.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I shot 85 today (44-41).  I forgot the extra score card so don' have some details but there were ZERO three putts and only two OTHERS on the card with ZERO double bogies.  It was a shot gun start and we started on #2.  I hit the first drive in the water right and took a bogie with the second ball for a 7.  After that nothing worse than bogie until #1 (my 18th).  I hooked the drive OB and bogied with the second ball for a 7.  My short game was great and I never missed a green that I didn't get down it two or less.  It was not an easy putting course as most of the green had a lot of contour but I had several one putts from outside of 5 feet.  Good day with the flat stick.  The differential on this course for the 85 was 15 so a good step in my march to an index of 14 by years end.

Butch

44 through 9-holes.  Pretty good for me.  I'm hoping to play 18 tomorrow.  Gotta love spring break...

Spent my last two lunch hours combining a 9-hole round.  Shot 3 over through 4 holes yesterday, and 4 over through the final 5 today, for a 42.  Three pars, one double.  Had my chances for birds, just couldn't sink any midrange putts.  I can live with it, given the conditions (cold, wet, mushy, bumpy).

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

That's a good score for me.  42 + 46.  I hit some good putts on the front nine, and I got a bit lucky on the back nine.  The back nine... I only hit one fairway (par 4 14th, and I got a birdie!), and I sliced tee shots onto adjacent fairways twice.  Yuck. I'd be crushed by a course that punished wayward shots more.

I get to play a 9-hole, par 3 course tomorrow. (Cobblestone Creek --- it's actually a fairly demanding course for me, and I'll be lucky if I break 40.)

101. That's good for me considering that I've been shooting about 110-115.

I've got 7 or 8 rounds under my belt now.

I need to get lessons for my driver (slice city) and my putting (call me mr. 3 putt).

I got par on a 124 yard par 3 and a 456 yard par 5, the rest were nothing to be proud of.

I had 38 putts total.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

I was finally able to get out for the first round of the year today, and I shot suprising well. I just picked up a used set of wilson pi5 irons over the winter and am amazed at how much better they are than my old set of fat shafts. I shot a 80 on a par 71 course, and that makes me have a good feeling about my golf season this year. I had 1 birdie, 8 pars, 8 bogeys and 1 double bogey.

In My Bag: Nike SQ Dymo Str8 fit driver Nike SQ 13* 3 wood Nickent 3dx 20* hybrid Wilson Pi5 irons 3-PW Cleveland CG 12 52* Nike VR Pro Forged Wedge 56* & 60* Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II Putter

At Cobblestone Creek - a 9-hole par-3 course here in Norman.  The greens are in pretty bad shape (damaged by heat/sun last summer - haven't recovered yet), but my problems came from not being accurate off the tee.  A bunch of penalties....  that hurt too.  Still, 39 is the best I've ever done there, so I'm pleased. (I'm always surprised that I do only a tiny bit better here than through 9 on regular course. Oh well.)

Most of all, I just had fun!