IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played a little 9 hole course (one of the best in the nation) today. Shot an even par 35. Had two birdies and a double. Second round of the year and was pleased. The double was one of those dumb shots, tried to hit a soft 9 and ended up hitting it flush and over the green and into a bunker. Was not pretty from there. Hit some really crisp shots with the new wedges, was extremely pleased. Made two putts >20 feet....that's always fun.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

Originally Posted by jtad

BTW, saw a deal at likeacoupon for 50% off tee times on course 2, Mon-Thurs.  Goodnight, time to dream about making birdies...

Thanks. good looking out!

-In the bag -
Your lost range balls

Finally got our for the first time this year - had to hit it while I could despite it being very wet, since highs are in the 30's the next 10 days (SE Michigan).  Actually didn't hit it that bad - played 17 "holes" (played 2 balls on some, so counting that as 2 holes).

2 birdies

9 pars

6 bogeys

I was fighting a little bit of a smother hook, but I think I got it worked out by the end of the round and absolutely LOVE my new Ping Rapture V2 3-wood.  I have to admit that I got lucky draining a couple 40-50 footers, despite the greens being shaggy as all get out.  Now the wait begins - I'm hoping the weather really breaks and we get into the 50's consistently in a couple weeks.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

shot 94 yesterday and was really disappointed.  But conditions were pretty bad with wind and some rain.  Greens were slow (probably because rain and trouble being stable in the gusts), temps between 55-60, and wind speed 20-35 MPH, bad conditions for here.  OH well that's the way it goes some days.

Butch

Played Riverbend in Kent, WA earlier today.  It was a nice, but little cold, day. Hit a 53 on the front 9 and was super happy.   I'm trying to move from a 120 golfer to 100 golfer, so I felt on my way.   Was going well in the back 9, but the last three holes absolutely destroyed me, resulting in a 60 (went in the water TWICE on the 18th hole).  Ended up with a 113, which is an improvement.

I do think I'll be hitting consistently under 110 in a month or so...

Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

I'll post two nine hole rounds, same nine, different day.

Tuesday, shot a 42, 7 over.  15 putts, 1 green, no fairways.  Just off with the driver. Long 3 times with PW so really hit the irons better than missing all the greens I did.  I putted well.  gave myself chances, but really didn't make anything over 5 feet.

Wednesday, shot a 41, 6 over.  16 putts, 1 green, 3 fairways.  drove the ball ok.  Hit a couple of wild ones with the driver, lots of pulls with the irons.  Putting was just ok.  missed 2 short ones, didn't make anything except the birdie from 9 feet.

Overall, I'm feeling a bit better about the game.  I know I'm not hitting it too good right now, but there seems to be hope.

Brian

Best round I've ever had today... shot 90 (just one shot from breaking my goal of being in the 80s).

Had a 49 on the back after finishing triple triple (I was so mad) and then a great 41 on the back.  First par five on the back, I hit the green in two and left myself a 12 footer for eagle... I missed it but made the tap in for birdie... first time I've ever had a eagle putt.  Overall a great round...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess that's good for me, but I'm mostly thinking about the shots I left out there.  On the other hand, I'm kind of pleased because I shot a 92 including five penalty strokes.  I'm usually closer to 100 (or above it) when I do that.  So, a mixed round, but an enjoyable one.

I still have trouble making club selections when there's a little bit if wind though...

I got rained out towards the end of my round today. so, I left the course a little early. oh well, at least got to play a little. no score recorded since I didn't finish.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

38 putts.
Course/Rating - 68.3/122, if that matters.

I got GIR three times, two were par and one was a bogey
because of a 3-putt.

It seems like I can only get par on the par 5 holes.

Even though my putting destroys my score I did have one awesome putt.
I was on a par 3 and hit it in the woods off the tee.
There was about a 50 yard shot out of the woods to the green with a path in the trees that was about 15' wide.
I grabbed my 5 iron and punched the ball with my hands really far forward at impact so the club face was vertical and the ball sailed a couple feet off the ground straight to the far side of the green.
I chipped it with a pitching wedge to about 12' from the hole.
The green has a nice break to it and I aimed about 2' left of the hole and the ball had perfect speed, broke like I wanted it to and rolled right on in for a 1-putt.

I really need to get some lessons so I can avoid those shots from the woods.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

80 , 43 at the front and 37 at the back. 23 putts at the front and 18 putts at the back , have 6 x 3 putts . Can't get the speed right ! I almost wanna throw my putter in the pond . Missed an Engle too .
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

I shot an 83.... not good. I started the round by piping one out of bounds, followed by dunking it in the water on 2. I took a triple on 11 and that was all she wrote...

Shot an 84 with 4 doubles and a triple.  Played the other 13 holes in one over.  I'm getting back on track, but let one shot or hole get away from me.  The doubles were all on par 5s (ouch) and were the result of a bad drive where I had to punch out or play backwards.  Stupid stuff.  Only one birdie and two bogeys to go with the other 10 pars.  Nice day outside though.

well, 86 on a par 70 today. it was cold and windy and misting for the first 5 holes, and i just simply could not sink a putt. the greens were just slow enough that my ball would stop about 5 inches short of the cup every time.  not to mention my tee shots were all over the place.  none went OB, but i found the rough all but a few times.  all told, one birdie, four pars, nine bogeys and four doubles.

Shot a 111 today and was quite happy.  I'm definitely seeing improvement in my game (I'm now consistently under 113 now (from mid 120s), after 1 month of play.  I only lost one ball.

What is killing me is the 2 and 4 Hybrid.  When I'm in the fairway with a long way to go, I'm just stuck.

Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

Shot a 91 (yesterday). The last hole was a par 5 that I had a good chance to par, and a very good chance to bogey, especially considering how I'd been playing that day. I hit a dead straight drive into the fairway, then flubbed two straight hybrid shots in a row, then put my fourth shot way over the green (I was hitting into the wind and misjudged it) onto the high bank behind it, chipped down onto the green from about 20 feet above it and ran off the front of the green, chipped back up onto the green, left my first putt (about 18 feet) short by about three inches, and finally holed out. I thought I had breaking 90 in the bag, and I carded my only snowman of the day on the last hole. I've never been so disappointed to shoot 91.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)