IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Hello all- new to the forums. Great reading. As for me, yesterday shot 76. Played great as I partially tore my right achilles 2 months ago, and just got my boot off a 1 1/2 week ago. Prior to that was playing great. Not being able to put all your weight on your right side sure affects the swing. My previous 5 rounds were in the mid-high 80's. I can attribute that to favoring my right side and not being able to hit anything longer than a 6i without feeling some pain. Yesterday not so much pain and it really showed. Now the question will be if I can sustain it. :)

Played a local course this morning, shot 87. Had 86 here 2 weeks ago, was expecting ~82 or so. My game was weird today, never felt like I got in a good flow. +4 after 3 holes really pissed me off, didn't start getting solid hits with my driver until the back 9, and what really just sent me over the edge was #17 par 5 dogleg right with a small lake and I sliced my drive right into it. Such an easy hole to get at least par and I ended up with a double.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I almost met one of my goals for the 2011 season, to break par.  Yesterday went out with some buddies and had a rollercoaster round. Par the first two par 4's so an okay start.  #3 is a long par 3, 215 yards with water surrounding the green from the front all the way around to the back on the left side.  There is a huge oak tree that is on the front right side of the green that will grab your ball if you don't hit it high enough.  I usually hit 4 iron to the front of the green and play it safe but I got stupid and tried hitting the back pin location with a 3 iron that is usually hit or miss for me.  Well I pull hooked it into the water, drop and don't get up and down for bogey so bogey there +2. Pretty bummed out after that but alot of golf left.

Next is a par 4 and 5 which I birdie both to get back to even par.  I had the same shot on the approach at #4 as I did at #2 but this time stuck it to with 5 feet.  Then I bogey #6, pulled my approach into the greenside trees and don't get up and down again.  Then I par out for a 37 front.

So my front nine looks like this

E,E,+2,-1,E,+1,+1,+1,+1

On to the back where I birdie #10 and #11 a par 4 and 5. Nothing special about them and now I'm at 1 under.  Next is another long par 3 205 yards, I short side myself and can't convert the up and down, Bogey.  I go on to ride the bogey train for the next 2 holes. Par out until a bogey at 18.

Back 9

E, -1, E, +1, +2, +2, +2, +2, +3

Ended up with a 75. I just really felt like it was the round to break par. My putting than it has ever been and my irons were good. It was one of those rounds where you say, “ where did all these bogeys come from.”

Well completed one of my goals for 2011: Break 80.

Shot 76 on a course I used to work at during high school (just finished my first year of college). I have only been playing seriously for about 1 year and a half.

Front Nine: Shot 38, 3 bogeys and 1 birdie (lipped out an eagle putt)- +2

Back Nine: Shot 38, 3 bogeys and 1 birdie.- +2

I just couldn't do anything wrong out there in this Texas heat.

Edit: Was playing from the Tips as well.

In the Bag: 

MP 001 9* Stiff shaft

MP-63 3-PW DG S300

Burner Rescue 18* Stiff

56* and 60*

White Ice #1

Pro v1

Played by myself today on a whim and played like top notch crap. Shot a 93. Couldn't do a freaking thing from 100 yards in.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

78 today...I hit 8/18 GIR...Hit a good amount of fairways as well, one of my better rounds so far this year....I'm getting there haha.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Shot a 93 for my career best. The funny thing is is that it came on the hardest course I've played all year (Bethpage Red). My driver wasn't even working that well but I was able to really take advantage of my short irons and short game and really grind for a score. My goal of breaking 100 for the 2011 season is over and now we move on to breaking 90

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Shot a 89 today best I've ever shot. Played ok on the front 49 but played great golf (for me) on the back 40.  I felt really good after that so I went back and played the front again and shot a 42.  I feel real good about my golf game right now!

Touched a club for the first time in 9 months yesterday. I was pretty happy with my 85 for being the first time out.  Missed way too many 4-6 foot putts though.  Had 36 putts total.  Amazingly my driver was going in the fairway.  I am usually less than 50%, today was 64%.  If only I could putt.:(

47, 11 over for 9 holes.. winter came early, i made two snowmen on the course. First 8, my drive was 50 yards from the pin, contimplate that one. The 2nd 8, i was lying 4, 30 yards from the pin. Just another wonderful day with my shortgame.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played Dove Mountain for the first time, the Tortolita/Wild Burro course, from the copper tees (71.6  134  6753).  Great course, killer (as in difficult) greens, and shot a +6 78.  Key was hitting nearly every fairway and most GIR as I had a few 3 putts.  Only lost one ball, avoided all sand traps, and no double bogeys.

Played Lake Buena Vista in Disney last week.  Shot 78 with a 10 on the first hole........whoa.  Yea that happened.  Fun course with great employees.

I played a very solid round today at my home course and shot a 75. Very pleased

:cobra: UL stand Bag
:ping: G425 Max
 :ping: hybrid G15 20 * 
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

:vokey:54*
:tmade: High Toe 58*

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport

:clicgear:

Played decently the last two rounds yesterday and today. Both rounds from the white tees @ my home course 6196 yards par 72 68.8/122

Yesterdays stats: 86.......43/43 5/14 FW and 9 GIR. 34 putts including one 3 jack. 11 pars, 1 bogies, 5 doubles, and 1 triple. Trouble was with driver off the tee with 5 stroke and distance penalties.

Todays stats: 82.......39/43 6/14 FW and 6 GIR. 31 putts including one 3 jack. It seems I can't get through a round without 3 putting at least one hole. 1 birdie, 9 pars, 7 bogies, and (drum roll please....) a quadruple bogey.

A little cleaner round off the tee with only two penalties off the tee. The one really horrible swing came on #15. I pushed an 8i from 155 way out to the right and was unable to find my ball in the undergrowth. I had to play my provisional. I was playing well up until that point and was sort of in shock I guess you could say. Anyway instead of taking a deep breath and concentrating on saving double I rushed a chip which went way by the hole. My putt for was a down hiller which power lipped out leaving me 6 feet back which I left short.

I'm so close to the 70's I can taste it.

Maybe tomorrow??

Originally Posted by max power

Played Dove Mountain for the first time, the Tortolita/Wild Burro course, from the copper tees (71.6  134  6753).  Great course, killer (as in difficult) greens, and shot a +6 78.  Key was hitting nearly every fairway and most GIR as I had a few 3 putts.  Only lost one ball, avoided all sand traps, and no double bogeys.

Awesome course.  Played there in a tournament last year and earlier this year.  Played all 27 holes (Wild Burro, Tortolita and Saguaro).  Also, got a chance to play multiple practice rounds from the yellow, copper and blue tees.  I remember the first hole of Tortolita from the blue tee (471 yard par 4).  I had a GIR and thought, "This isn't so bad."  I, then, proceeded to 4-putt.  LOL.  So, I definitely agree that the greens are killer.  Man, IMO, that course is all that and a bucket of chicken.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Good job with the GIR on Tortolita #1-from the copper tees it was "only" 428, but I was lucky to make bogey.  I had really been hitting nice drives all day-long and in the fairway, as a result I was only 2 over on Wild Burro.  I got to #1 on Tortolita, and visually couldn't find a comfortable place to shoot for with my drive.  One of my playing partners, trying to help, said "you've probably got to throttle back a bit on your drive with this one to avoid the fairway bunkers."  I did throttle back, didn't clear my hips, and hit my worst drive of the day, a weak cut that left me 215-220 onto the green.  I probably should have laid up in front of the desert strip in front of the green, but I hit it right into the dirt, and was lucky to 2 putt for a bogey.

Course would have been quite a bit harder from the blue tees, but I could still fathom playing it and shooting mid/low 80's on a good day.  The tournament tees are insane-I'd stand on the copper/blue tee box and look back at the tournament tees sometimes, so far back that I was terribly curious how much harder the course plays from there-I guessed at least 10 strokes harder for even a single digit handicap.  That's probably the point I guess-the pros are good enough to play an already difficult course from 7850 yards and still get their birdies.

Originally Posted by Tomboys

Awesome course.  Played there in a tournament last year and earlier this year.  Played all 27 holes (Wild Burro, Tortolita and Saguaro).  Also, got a chance to play multiple practice rounds from the yellow, copper and blue tees.  I remember the first hole of Tortolita from the blue tee (471 yard par 4).  I had a GIR and thought, "This isn't so bad."  I, then, proceeded to 4-putt.  LOL.  So, I definitely agree that the greens are killer.  Man, IMO, that course is all that and a bucket of chicken.

God damn 80.

It was raining the entire round, shot a 43 on the front after starting with a triple, so was happy with that.

Then I lit it up on the back nine like I never have.

Started bogey, par, bogey which was standard for me, then par, par, par, par, birdie, par, for 37 ( my lowest 9 ever )

I knew I needed a birdie on the last hole, was in the first cut on the right hand side of the fairway, landed to about 20 feet, and did not hit the putt I wanted to, came out weak.

Happy with 80, but so close.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter