IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Friday I shot 76 and Sunday I had 85 but the greens were super slow and never hit the putts hard enough to get to the hole.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

86. 43, 43

37 putts. 5 of them 3 putts. Terrible.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Just shot one of my best rounds ever!  It was only on a par 61 executive (59.1/97) but +3 is pretty sweet regardless!  I shot even par on the back 9 though I had a bogey/birdie split to even it out.

My handicap plummeted from 14.1 to 11.2 though, I'll have to get out and play a little more to bring it back up, no way it should be that low right now!

Brad

My game is all over the place.....

My last few rounds:(par is 72)

88-81-73-83-71-72

Our rough is killer.....miss fairways and several par4s aren't reachable.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Played yesterday shot a career round 77 and also it was my 30th birthday so happy birthday to me!  Maybe 30's won't be so bad after all.

Home course: www.tupelocountryclub.org

Shot an 84 (40-44) on Sunday morning at the Brier Patch Golf Links in Beckley, WV. They've removed almost all yardage markers (except sprinkler heads, which are few and far between). That made it a bit rough. Beat the storms, but played stupidly aggressive a few times that cost me big. Like hooking two balls into the woods (deep, gone, not-gonna-find-it type woods) while trying to cut a corner. Really, I have to feel okay about an 84 with three doubles in a row on my back nine.

Now if I can just play a little smarter... The Leupold GX-1 I ordered after the round should help with that. I promised myself I'd splurge if I came back from a bogey-bogey-bogey-bogey start and shot par or better the rest of the front. Par-par-par-par-par, I have a new toy, and my wallet is lighter.

Played 3 nines last sat Shot 39/38/39 The driver and 3H were bad . No complains on the irons , short game and putting
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Let's see, I played last night and then again this morning (local muni - par 70).  Last night, I struggled for a 97 (48+49) from the blues, and this morning, I managed an 85 (40+45) from the whites.

36 putts last night, 32 this morning. (I average 36.)  Only hit 4 fairways last night -- only 6 this morning.  The biggest difference was that I didn't have anything worse than a double this morning (4 of 'em), but I had 5 last night.

Playing back-to-back like that only makes me want to play again.

Sadly I only got to play 7 holes, a storm rolled in.  I was E with two bogeys and two birdies.  Frustratingly enough both the bogeys were 3-4 foot putts, but I still can't be upset with that score.

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 95 yesterday.  If anyone needs an incentive to practice the short game here it is.  I can't remember when I ever drove the ball better (that was encouraging as I have been working hard on keeping the big stick under control).  Hit all but one fairway and while not long certainly was not short.  But missed half the greens and 3 putted 5 times. Greens were slow slow slow.  Just could not make myself hit the putter hard enough to get it to the hole.  The greens keeper much not have cut the greens that day or rolled them in a week.  From a personal view I would prefer greens be lightening fast compared to needing a driver for putts over 20 feet.

Butch

....and I got to play again on Wednesday.

86 (43 + 43).  Par 70, very forgiving.

Two birdies. I've never had more than one in a round!

Three pars.

Nine bogeys.

Three doubles.

One triple.

35 putts (I average 36).

...with two penalties.

But.... only two fairways (several near misses) and only six GIR.

72....on nine holes. I haven't played in a while. I am just trying to get my feet on the ground. When I was in high school I never seemed that bad. Took about 10 years off from playing, and it shows. I went to the range three times last week and got better every time. I went once this week and had a lesson. I thought I was ready to bang out nine, but it was just painful. I didn't feel so bad though because somebody in the foursome ahead of me was just as bad, and the guy playing behind me joined me and was very encouraging. Guess I need to spend some more time practicing before I try to play another round.

I did hit two incredible shots that were either preceded or follow up by total crap. . I drove within 30 yards of the green on a par 4. I ended up shooting an 8 on that hole. The next few shots went bunker, bunker, short chip that overshot the green, chip onto the green, putt that got me close, missed gimme, and finally in the hole. Two holes later I hit a fairway 3 wood that felt perfect and rolled up to the side of the green. Unfortunately, that shot was preceded by a shank way out of bounds, drop then another shank way out of bounds

Started golfing last month... Played my third round of golf (ever), and shot a 113 on a par 72... Sounds terrible, I know, but compare that to my second (124), and it's a good improvement. Plus I usually end up hitting par on at least one hole, so it's an issue of consistency. I'm playing with friends who are the same level, so there's not much in the way of advice, but I'm getting better from the people at my range. My slice has been corrected as of this week, and I'm getting much more proficient with my irons (did great on the range today). I am working almost daily at it, and I honestly see myself in the upper 80's/lower 90's by the end of next month.

I coulda sworn I left the cart right here......