IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Nightmare

On wednesday we play a gents game with low hdc players only we play strokeplay on a shotgun start

i started the round on the 7th hole

normaly i'm not the guy who says i was unlucky

but this round i was ( well that's my opinion )

This round i drove my ball only 4 times in a divod, and than

not a shallow one but the ball was under the grass ( making it almost a bunker )

Reaching the first hole i was 11 over par not that bad, looking at the way i hit my irons that day and the divods i found.

I selected driver of the first tee trying to get close to the green, ( the first is a dogleg right with 330 yrd )

I realy nailed my drive never saw a ballflight like that ( only use the R11 2 weeks ) it ended up in the greenside bunker on the left

only my ball was against the back lip of the bunker making it imposibble to get a shot at the green i wen,t back on the fairway and 3 shot on

the green, making a bogey.

at the second ( a par 5 ) i hit a layup at 110 yrd of the pin and i hit my 54 wedge to the pin, my ball landed on top of the flagstick never seeing it again.

ended up making a double there.

total score 88 worst score this year.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Played my Club Championship qualifying round yesterday and shot an 85 from the tips.  I actually feel like I played well.  I only had one bad hole on the front, got a triple on a par 3 after driving the ball into a creek, taking a drop, chunking a wedge, wedging onto the green, and missing the bogey putt.  I had one three putt all day (for par), made 1 birdie putt and *just* missed 5 (makeable) birdie putts.

I got through 15 in good shape, but on the 15th green it started to rain pretty hard and the wheels came off.  A decent drive at 16 took a horrible bounce and led to a double bogey.  Missed another makeable par putt on 17 after a nice bunker shot.  Still, I was in OK shape at that point.

18 is what really killed me: I hit my worst drive of the month.  I was driving to play a power fade (mistake one) and double crossed myself (mistake two).  I let my subconscious get in the way and I tried to hit it hard to accommodate for the weather (mistake three) which just compounded everything.  I hit a super high pull draw that ballooned and would not stop turning over.  It ended up in some pine trees, I took an unplayable, failed to advance the ball, finally got on in 5 and just missed the putt for double bogey.  Another triple.

And yet, with all that I felt very good about the golf I played.  I hit more fairways than usual (50%), made some very nice up and downs, holed some very solid putts, and my iron play was very crisp and relaxed on the back nine.  If I can learn to avoid the big number I could easily be playing in the mid 70s.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

My first ever 18 holes this morning (twice around the local 9 hole course). I shot from the red tees (4866 yards, 67.5 rating/118 slope), and counting the penalties for firing it into the water, I shot 141. 69 out and 72 in.

First round ever!

-12i

102 at Tilden on the 19th of July.  Took a break to try and recover my game and work $#!t out on the range.

Played again this morning (8 days later), and put in my best round ever: 82.

Of course, I'm back in OK, playing a very forgiving par 70 again.  But I hit several shots that I was really pleased with, AND I shot 39 on the front 9.

The stats:

82 (39+43).

34 putts.

9 pars.

7 bogeys.

1 double.

1 triple.

6 fairways.

6 GIR.

No penalties.

+1 for 9 holes thanks to a bogey on numero 9.  Greens were sanded, so I only managed 17 putts.  Could've been a nicer round if there were actually any grass left in Texas.....

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Yes yes yes

shot 73 yesterday.

I finaly know how it feels to have a hot putter.

didn't play great but was holing alot of putts

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Played 9 after work yesterday, shot a 40 (+5).  My new swing changes are starting to take hold and I putted well: I hit 5 of 7 fairways (but only 2 GIR) and had 14 putts.  Two of the bogeys were results of poor chips (one way too long and one chunked), but I also had 2 that almost went in.

The last two times I've played I've felt that I've played well, but I'm still having trouble avoiding "the big number".  Seems I always have one or two holes that ruin my round.  Yesterday it was the par 3 8th hole: I bladed my tee shot (only bad iron I hit the whole round) into a hazard at the end of the tee box.  I was in total shock, the bad swing just came out of nowhere and did not fit with the rest of my play at all.  I hit from the tee again and made a nice 5 that would have been a par without the lost ball, so in my mind I should have at least shot a 38.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

Shot 85 yesterday, not a bad score but made better by the fact it was a match for our club knock-out championship.

I was 1 down with 2 to play. 17 is a 510 yard par 5 playing downwind. I knew I could get on in 2 with a good tee shot. I hammered my drive just over 300 and had 200y downwind to the front of green and the pin was about 5y on. I just got some new irons so was not sure on distances but the previous night I hit 4i from 210 and it went through the green. So I pulled my 6i out and hit one of the best shots of my life. Perfect draw that bounced just short of the green and rolled onto pin high about 4y below hole. My opponent was 150y out for his third and put it about 2y off the front of the green. As usual in matchplay he sunk his birdie putt so I had to make eagle (and I have never made an eagle before, ever). I hit the putt a bit hard but it hit the back of the hole and popped up and straight down. Eagle 3. All square one hole to play. 18 is a par 4 with the wind blowing right to left. I hit a good drive down the right side and the wind bought it back to the centre of fairway and I had 145 to pin. I pulled out my 8i and aiming slightly right of the green hit a nice shot but the wind caught it as it was dropping and pushed it to the left side of the green. My opponent was about 2y in front of me but to the right of the fairway. With the left to right wind he was slightly blocked by a tree and he duffed his shot about 50y. So I was sitting pretty good although still plenty of opportunity to 3 putt. He was putting first and put it to 3 feet for bogey. I had a long putt with about 4 feet of break and hit a great shot just past the hole and settled to 2 feet away for par. He didn't conceed and I gently tapped it in for the par and won the match 1up. Pretty awesome feeling pulling it back from the jaws of defeat like that.

Sorry for the long post but had to tell someome, my wife just said 'that's good"!!!

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

Shot 47 on 9 holes yesterday. I wasn't there mentally and I just didn't hit my irons well. I straightened out my driver, but I'm hitting too down with it still and I hit a couple of fliers that only went 180 yards. On the plus side, my good drive of the day went 240 yards by the cart's GPS, so I know some of my recent swing changes haven't drained any of my distance.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

shot an 81 with 2 bogeys, a 9 on a par 4 (didn't take a drop when i should have, tried to play a hero shot...twice) and a double...14 pars and couldn't get a birdie putt to drop...10 greens in reg, 7/14 fairways and 32 putts.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Shot a piss-poor 88 today. I am still getting used to the new Taylor Mades Burner irons (2nd round playing with them). Plus a new Odyssey #9 putter (Love it!). My driver was sporatic all day. Plus a few double bogeys really didn't help matters at all.

To top it off, I was playing 1st Hole,  dog leg right Par 5 roughly playing about 450 yds since they moved the tees up on this hole, anyway I hit a pretty nice drive cutting the corner and was laying 174yds in on my 2nd. I then pulled my 7 iron left into the greenside bunker, then proceeded to blade my bunker shot through the green next to tree (now I am laying 3). Next thing I know is that a bladed my chip shot across the green and ended up in the fringe. Needless to say, I ended up with a sweet 7! I guess I can't complain too much since I am finally get into the game after 6 yrs away! It's just getting all parts of my game back in sync!

Phillip

Shot a 34 (-2) in my league.  Best round all year.  Started out with a bogey on #10, easy par 5, had 4 straight birdies after that and bogeyed the last hole.  Definitely felt good.

Shot a 75 today. Only hit 5 of 14 fairways and 6 greens. So it was a tough day, but just kept grinding. Ended up winning all my bets but one. Things are really starting to come together.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

First time ever on a golf course today (Ive had about 4 lessons at the driving range) and I shot a 56 on a 9-hole Par 27.  :) MUCH different than the driving range, and a real eye opener.  Tons of fun though!