IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot an 85(+15) yesterday at my home course. 10-16 I par'd every hole but doubled the two Par 3's. Then bogied the last two holes for a 41(+6). Played poor on the front shooting a 44(+9)

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I shot an 87 today. The sweet part was that I beat my buddy for the first time ever! (92)

I was also glad that I hit my 3 wood good for the first time all year. I tried standing further away from the ball and hit it much better.

Yet another 99, started on the back with perfect double bogey golf, went to the front to play perfect bogey golf with a 70 yard chip in for par. The starter let us out early, which we welcomed due to the heat, but the lack of warming up definitely hurt my 1st 6 holes.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We had a four man scramble today and we just had one of those days where the putts weren't dropping. We had so many putts go around the cup and come back at us or just curve around part of the cup, about 6 of them did that. We shot a 65, weren't happy as we are all strong players, just one of those days. We had fun though.

After, the golf pro and I went out to have some fun and played another 18 and I shot a 78, pretty solid round overall. Couple of shots got away from me, had a bunker shot about 15 feet in front of the green and we had a good amount of rain earlier so the sand was really packed. Took my 60* as I do in packed or wet bunkers and picked it so clean it went flying over the green by about 60 feet, oh well..lol. Had another tee shot land in a fairway bunker, about 90 yards out. Took my 52* and put a beautiful shot right on the green.

I struggled badly on the front 9 and shot a 52. Back 9 I shot a 42. Improved 10 strokes in 9 holes lol. Parred 2 holes on the back 9, had a couple of par attempts rim out, etc. Have to get some more distance on my driver.

Stats: 6835 yards 71.9/127

Shot 85.......45/40 8/14 FW and 6 GIR. 29 putts. 11 pars, 3 bogies, 2 doubles, and 2 triples.

My blow up holes involved 4 stroke and distance penalties such as lost ball or OB/water off the tee. I've been working only on my wedge game and putting for the last two weeks and it is paying off. No 3 putts and I one putted 7 greens. Lipped out 2 birdies putts and got up and down for par 5 times. MUCH more work to be done though obviously!!

88(+18) today. Almost eagled #2. Hit a poor drive way right onto the other fairway. Hit a towering 7 iron into the green, one hopped, off the base of the flag stick and went on to miss the 4 foot birdie putt. 3rd time I've hit the flagstick in as many rounds and none have fallen. First two were with my 9 iron from about 140 out. This one was with a 7iron from about 160 out. It's weird though because I've never hit the flagstick before on a full shot and they've all come in consecutive rounds.

Played poorly overall but was really out playing to get my driver under control before golf tryouts tomorrow. Finally feel confident with my swing going into a round that has something on the line!

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

74 (+2) today. Put a 20* hybrid in play today, and must say, I like it. Putter was working well too...  :)

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Hit a 83 this am. Walked the home course. Went back this afternoon, hit an 81. Not the best day putting. 35 putts. This afternoon every par putt missed was withing 2 balls widths of the hole. I was not a happy camper, I just have to believe they will start falling more often. I had the chance to hit par, and my putter let me down....But, I had fun...Tired..

Picture the shot.....Believe the picture....

Shot a 94 today with 39 putts!  Good score for me but it could have been a lot better, blew to many strokes putting and made a bone headed choice trying to pull off a miracle shot and ended up getting an 8 for the hole.

Scorecard:

http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/212-6274567-6274792

+5 77!!!!! My previous best was +6 76.  I took my driver out of my bag and it paid off!

:whistle:

I played Thursday-Sunday this past weekend...shot 81, 83 (never played the course before), 79, 80.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Once again I screwed up a good chance to break 80.  Shot an 83 with 2 3 putt bogies and 1 three putt double.  Another bogey was the result of a bladed wedge (my most HATED shot).  I came to 16 with a good chance to break 80, but finished bogey-double-bogey. On 17 I hit the dreaded double cross off the tee: drove the ball through the adjoining green on the left and into a greenside bunker.  Had to blast out, then punch through the trees, wedge onto the green, and missed the putt.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

87(+15). Doubled the first two holes. Then got two pars and bogied out on the front for a 45. Was 3 over after 7 on the back. Then I doubled 17 and bogied 18 for a 42.

Very frustrating round though. Did not hit a single fairway(no, not even one). Had to work my ass off to even make bogies.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

Played a course for the first time on Saturday and shot 104. Course had lots of blind tee shots, elevation changes, and multi-tiered greens, so I wasn't expecting to score all that well, but to go from 78 and 79 in my prior two rounds to 104 was humbling to say the least. As you can imagine it was a complete meltdown - OB on seemingly every tee shot, chunked chips/sand shots, a shank, 4 4-putts, terrible decision-making, etc.  I even threw in two quads and a hextuple-bogey.  Oddly enough, I was actually striking my irons really well. Hit 3 par-3s in regulation and the other was just off the green from 200.

I hadn't shot a 100+ round since I was about 12 or 13 years old. Almost bad enough to make me want to quit golf altogether. Yuck.