IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

76 (37 + 39 - from the blue tees) on the local par-70 Muni.

Very pleased since this is my best score ever!

It was the first day for the Fall aeration, so we couldn't play the front nine - played the back nine twice.  (Nice because it is slightly longer, and also because the greens hadn't been aerated yet.)

Anyway, the stats:

_______  /emoticons/biggrin.png"> nothing worse than a double! (that's good for me)

1 double

6 bogeys

9 pars

2 birdies

5 fairways

6 GIR

No penalties

28 putts

Shot a new personal best 95 (+23) for me. First time with both rounds under 50 46/49...and this was with aerated greens too. There's still hope for me yet!

In my Bag (work in progress):

Driver: TaylorMade 10.5* R11, Regular Shaft
3W: TaylorMade Burner 15*

3Hy: Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid
Irons: 2005 TaylorMade Rac OS, 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56*, old dingy 64* wedge that I have no business using

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour Putter or a Cleveland Classic Anser-Style

Kicks: Footjoy E-Comforts

Ball: Used Titleist DT Solos.

Shot a 53 on a par 35 from the white tees. I pared the 1st and the 9th.

High note: My approach shot on the par 4 9th hole landed >4ft from the hole. But since I'm a beginner, I choked on the easy putt.

Shot 100 today,  needed a 6 on the last hole to break 100.  Got on to the green in 3 and thought I had it but then I 4 putted

To my defense the greens were just aerated yesterday though ;) I think  I would have broken 100 otherwise because I hit the ball pretty well today.

Shot a 42(+7). Really upset with it though. Could've easily been a 39 or 40. +1 thru 4. Bogeyed 5. +2 thru 5. Go to #6, easiest hole on the course, a dead straight 490 yard par 5. Not much trouble other than sand traps around the green. Just short in two, get it on, freakin 3 putt for bogey. #7 is an easy 145 yard par 3. It was really windy and the wind was at our back but for once all day the wind was pretty calm. But it was really windy all round and it was finally at our back and I usually hit a 9i but with the wind I decide to muscle up with a PW. Bad idea. I blade it. Then I hit my second shot over into the sand, don't get the first shot out of the sand out, get the next one up and down for a double. So I was just three over on the two easiest holes. +5 now thru 7. Still, not too bad. Go to the hardest hole on the front, and I get a par. +5 thru 8. Go to #9 with water on the left. So I ***** out and shove my drive way right. Hit my second shot just short of the green. Blade it over, get it on and two putt for a double and a 42. So many shots left out there. Three were just flat out stupid(3 putting from like 25 feet on #6, taking two shots to get out of the bunker on #7, and just playing #9 stupid. Should've been a 39, three strokes better. To add to it, we ****ing lost by three god damn strokes.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Played 9 holes today, par 36, and stopped counting on the last two holes.  No matter what I did, I could not strike the friggin' ball!  Somehow managed to do a complete 180 after the first 7 holes (which were pretty good).  I have also never played such fast greens; it was like putting on ice.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

A return to some sort of form for me after a lot of struggling the last couple of months or so.

79 on a par 71. (=P.B.)

I had given away the sub-80 round when I 3-putt doubled the 7th (playing as 16th). Then went par-birdie to finish and get the 79

4 birdies (= P.B.)

5 pars

6 bogeys

3 doubles

2 three putts, apart from that I putted REALLY well. (31 putts)

Unfortunately it was only a practice round so it won't move my handicap!

I shot -5 nett.

One of the doubles was on a par 3. I mis-clubbed and pulled it right, smacking into the back lip of the bunker. It stayed there. Didn't plug, but was resting about 2 inches from the lip. The only thing I could really try and do was to turn my SW over, and play right-handed using the toe as the bottom edge of the club. Didn't make it work! It stayed in the bunker (which was about 98% probability).

I shot a 69 on a par 71 course yesterday, but it was a short crappy course and the score deserves an asterisk because it's a much easier course than I'm used to playing.  I made 3 birdies and an eagle......still a very good day, even if playing a dumpy course.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Finally broke back into the 30's with a 39(+4) today. Didn't play great, but got the job done. Had one birdie and no doubles which is key for me to score. The doubles always kill me. I can really only think of one stroke I left on the course which was on a short 340 yard par 4. I was right down the middle, maybe 50 yards out. Missed the green short and in the sand and bogied the hole. Should've been an easy par.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

Shot a 79 today with 5 bogeys, 1 double, no birdies. Course was 6400 yards, no mulligans, no gimmes, playing it down.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

I shot a 92 which is 5 over my handicap. I started off pretty good and I only putted 13 putts on the first nine. No major differences in the rest of my game for the last nine except for my putting so from being on my par on the first nine til being 5 over my par on last nine :(

Driver: Ping i15, 3 Wood: Ping i15, Irons: Mizuno MP-53, Wedges: Mizuno MP T-11, Cleveland CG15, Putter: Ping iN Anser V2

44 through 9 holes ... my best outing of the season.     My goal was to break 90 within my first year ... I'm getting close

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot a 46(+11) yesterday. Played like crap. Only hit two fairways, one green. The one green I hit was on the last hole so by then it was too late. Bogied everything and had a double, triple, and a par. Had so many putts lip out I didn't know what to do. I had three par putts lip out, and a bogey putt lip out. I was so close to just snapping my putter in half. Had 18 putts but I had a lot more than the stat shows because of how many I had from a couple inches onto the fringe.

Career Bests:

Home Course:

2) Mayfair Country Club

So five days after posting my best round ever (75), I go out today and shoot 95.

What!?

Didn't start too well. Hit my third shot (first hole) into the heart of a deep puddle (it had rained all morning) --- couldn't even find the ball --- I should have known then...  On the third hole I slice my tee shot into water, then hook the next one into trees. My fifth shot went *over* the green... (and extra 30 yards of frustration distance I guess).  My first of two 9s on the day.

Anyway, I shot 53 on the front nine and 42 on the back nine.  Still had a fantastic day -- I showed up right as the rain was letting up, and had the course to myself - fun, fun, fun even though it was my worst round in a long while.

Shot one over today. I couldn't be happier! I still feel that I could have played better, as I three putted two par 5's I reached in two and hit my drive on the fourth OB...saved bogey on that one....whew. My new Adam's Speedline F11 has really given me a confidence boost off the tee as I'm hitting my target more often, if not flying over it. It's a great feeling when the drives are going long and straight . Anyways, this is my lowest score since picking the game back up again, and I couldn't be more satisfied. At this rate, I'm going to have to set some lofty goals for myself next season.

The War Sticks:

Driver: Adams Speedline F11 9.5* w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff flex shaft

3Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15*

Hybrid: Ping G10 22* 

Irons:Mizuno MP32's 3-PW (bought used for $189)

Wedges: Cleveland CG14 52*, 56*

Putter: An old Ram Laser...lol...but it works

Ball: Srixon Q-star

Shot a 97 today on a difficult, narrow course with very fast greens.  Considering I have never played the course before, it's an "acceptable" score but I am still pissed at myself for some of the errors I made, most of which were related to just rushing and thus having poor tempo.  I was set up for birdie or par several times only to screw it up with 3 putts.  Several other shots I tried to implement something new to my swing and I know better than to do that, but I did it anyway and it backfired big time!

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011