IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 106 from the white tees today.

Difference between today and last time: When I actually remember my two swing thoughts (lag and push foward off my back foot), I hit some fairly straight balls.

I'm excited for my next round on monday.

my dad and i played the first of two rounds of the annual september scramble at our local club.  we came in with a 69, which is actually the best score we've posted in four years of playing this tournament.  the leader in our flight was 67, so we're gonna have to do better than 69 tomorrow if we are to have any shot at winning.  i'm thinking 66 ought to at least place, if not get us into a playoff for first.  here's hoping!

Shot one over from the tips (7100), using 15 year old ISI nickels. Old tech is good... :)

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Originally Posted by wmiller

Shot one over from the tips (7100), using 15 year old ISI nickels. Old tech is good... :)

Wait, you're not using the latest and greatest!??!@#$ Hehehe

Don't ya just love the marketing these days, and the amount of golfers that want to believe their 2 year old clubs are whats holding them back? ;)

Last full round I got to play was last week and I shot a 70! ...... Plus 36.... hehehe.

106 isn't bad for a guy like me. I'm hoping to keep improving through the winter and by next summer I want to be at least to the 90s. I think that is realistic. Shooting 80s maybe later in the year next year. We'll see. :)

My clubs aren't 15 years old, except for my driver and 5 wood. They're at least 7 years old. The driver is from before the fat head days, and the 5 wood has patent numbers all over it; its almost like it was an engineering sample. Both are Adam's Golf.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Sustained a concussion 4 weeks ago, plus working a new job-so less golf recently (none) than just about any time in the last 2 1/2 years.  But I went back out today, played 9, and shot +4.  5 bogeys, 3 pars, 1 birdie-very satisfied.  Topped my first approach shot completely, and hit a couple bad putts.

posted a 39/39. had one double. driver went a little haywire for a couple holes but my irons were on.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Shot a 44(+8) today at Congress Lake CC. Private course so it was a real treat to be able to get on. Probably one of the toughest if not the toughest course I've ever played. Not an overly long course at 6500-6600 yards but it was tight as hell. Thank god my tee shots were on today. Now if only I could've made a couple putts. The three greens I actually hit, I three putt...go figure.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Played in a two man scramble on Sunday and played really, really well. My partner and I shot a 7 under for a 65. It was the first tournament I have won money in so it felt great being able to finally compete. On Monday I went out and played from our blue tees which are our tips for the first time ever, now that I can actually hit my driver to a good distance and shot a 4 over 76 with 2 bad bogies. 2 bad 3 putts that should have been easy 2 putts. Overall I was thrilled to be able to hold my own with no issue from the blues.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Broke 80 for the first time this year on Tuesday. Shot 79 at the local muni close to my house. Course plays short and I almost always shoot in the low 80's without trying too hard but managed to get a couple better this week.

Nice feeling

I shot an 81 on my local muni.  The round was memorable since I 4 putted for the first time in I don't know how long.  Putting is the best part of my game, so 4 putts are very rare.  The 4 putt was even more painful as it happen on a par 5 where I was lying about 20 yards off the green in 2.  I bladed my chip across to the far side of the green and had probably a 70 foot putt.  So I almost hit the green in 2 and ended up with a double bogey.  Ouch.

struggled along to an 86 today.  started off pretty solid for the first 12 holes and was 6 over (which is my goal whenever i play... to always be halfway to bogey golf, ie through 12 holes, be no more than 6 over par).  but then a double on 13, bogey 14, double 15, bogey 16, triple 17, then somehow got it back together and finished strong with a birdie on 18.  not sure what happened to me, but it got really ugly there for those 5 holes.

I shot a 93 today....after shooting 39 on the front nine. On the ninth tee, after my tee shot( I was really trying to let it rip), I felt something pop in the top front of my left foot, and I will more than likely be posting more about this a bit later. It doesn't feel like a sprained ankle, this is quite certainly something I've not experienced before(I've had the "fortunate" life of playing football to learn how to "be a man"....but to this day I still love football). I can still walk fine, but the perpendicular range of of motion is hurting quite terribly. Perhaps a bit more common sense would have allowed me to halt the round, but this particular round ended in no such avail.  I now feel I should have stopped, and am almost certain my actions are going to immediately effect my new swimming regimen. The worst round of the year by far...perhaps not by numerical count, but rather by how much it could potentially set me back. I feel I am smarter than this.

The War Sticks:

Driver: Adams Speedline F11 9.5* w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff flex shaft

3Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15*

Hybrid: Ping G10 22* 

Irons:Mizuno MP32's 3-PW (bought used for $189)

Wedges: Cleveland CG14 52*, 56*

Putter: An old Ram Laser...lol...but it works

Ball: Srixon Q-star

Oh the putter was dead yesterday...

45 (+10), 2 bogies, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 3 pars, 1 birdie

Started off horrible, went +9 in the first 5 holes, finished +1 in the final 4 holes. I lost 1 ball, and three putted 3 times. I got up and down once.. It just seemed everything was a bit off except the driver, i kept it in play off the tee well..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only played 9 after work today and had a great time. Shot 38, bogied last 2 holes. Finally hitting my driver straight, so much fun.

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 9.5 
callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 3 Deep 14.5

callaway.gif X-Hot Pro Hybrid 18 and 23
callaway.gif X-22 3-L
odyssey.gif White Ice Sabertooth
clicgear.gif 2.0 black - bushnell.gif Tour V2

I played 9 holes at my home club late this afternoon, 59 degrees outside and wind blowing 10+ mph.  I shot a +2 38, and 3 putted the 1st green from 20 feet (they were a lot slower than the last time I played) and then left a birdie putt hanging on the lip of # 7 (downhill putt, again slower than usual).  I don't know why I tend to play better in the wind, but I always have.  I hit a lot of long irons today too...playing with an old set of Golden Ram blade irons.  Those things are easier to work the ball and control trajectory, but I have to use 1 more club from the 7 -2 irons.  They feel so sweet when you pure a ProV1 from a perfect lie...miss it on the toe and it looks and feels bad both.  Never miss a blade on the toe.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Shot a 43(+8) today. Normally I wouldn't be real happy with it but it was cold, windy, and raining the whole time so I'll take it.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club