IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 75 yesterday. Highlight was hitting the pin with a 7 iron on the par 3 11th and knocking in the 2 foot birdie putt, then hitting another 7 iron on the par 4 12th to 3 feet for another birdie. Both pins were tucked in tight parts of the greens with water nearby so I was delighted!

Golf for me was an atrocity today. I shot a 111. 54 on the front, 57 on the back. The kicker is that I actually started off somewhat well. My first drive was well placed, and the next shot had a wonderfully accurate trajectory. Almost reached the par 5 in two. What really sucked all day was my short game. That first par five ended in a double bogey because I couldn't wrap my head around my wedges today. It wasn't actually so bad last time and I don't know what happened to me. My putting was okay at times, and awful at others. I lost every ball I had in my bag at the start (12) plus the ones that I found (4). I have noticed a trend in my game. I like to play as a single. I'll start off with 4 or 5 clear holes and nobody in front of me. During this time I will play my best (probably closer to 95 - 100 worthy golf). Then, I catch up to the group ahead of me and then I proceed to fall apart. I hit all of those drives pretty darn well up until then. After that I couldn't keep one in bounds. My iron shots were also looking good until that point.

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

Took 3rd place in our clubs Stableford tourney yesterday with 10 pts (3 pars, 6 bogeys and 2 triples @-1). My expected pts were 11 so I finished at -1, the 1st and 2nd place were +8 and +4. Driver, putter and wedges were dead on with 2 pitch shots landing inches from the pin. Long irons and sand game need some work again, hopefully not at the expense of something else. My net eagle on the par 4 9th hole was tied by 2 others so no skins for me.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just mediocre scores for me this weekend.....

I played a new Greg Norman course on saturday from the tips for the first time.  (75.2cr and 144slope)....and shot a 77.  I was happy with that score because the "Shark" tees makes this course a long and brutal golf test.

I played my home course this morning (72.5cr 137slope) and shot another 77....ugh!!  I played great but a train wreck in the middle of the round ruined my score, but I finished strong.....(-2 through the final 7 holes) so I left on a good note.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I played a 21 over 93.  I'm happy; only lost two balls the entire round.  Also a good sign of my improving game because my golf partner and I were paired up with two other players.  Normally playing in front of anyone will make my game go south in an instant (even happens at the range when I "feel" like people are watching me even though they're not) but I actually was hitting very well.  There were two holes that kept me from breaking 90, which is my goal for this year.  Not bad considering I started playing in February...at least, I keep telling myself that!

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

83(+11). Two doubles to start off each 9 really inflated my score. Both were easy par 5's too so that really frustrated me. I was +4 thru 3 on the front, then I was -1 on the last 6 holes to shoot a 39(+3) on the front.

Highlight of the day was holing out from 120 yards out. Too bad it was only for birdie since I had to punch out...

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Shot a 41 for 9. The course was soooo sloppy wet with all the rain we've been having here in NW Ohio. Not to mention the 20+mph winds were beating me up pretty badly today. The highlight was chipping in on 18 to save par from about 25yds out....

In my Clutch stand bag:

G15 Driver

G15 4 Wood

Warrior Golf 7 Wood

G15 4-UW

55* Sand & 60* Lob Wedges

Sedona i Putter

Balls

played 18 at my dad's course yesterday. Driving was terrible the first nine... was +10 coming into the last 4 holes, proceded to hit everything pure going birdie, par, birdie, eagle.... i wouldve shot -1 if i just played to my handicap on the first nine, - the last 4 holes of this course are index 1,2,3,6 lol. Funny how golf doest his to you; makes you play bad on the easy holes, domiante the hard holes. zzZZZzz

Well, played the same 9 as yesterday and I guess without the standing water and 20+ mph winds I just didn't feel at home... Shot a 46. Had a couple of great holes and then BOOM - POW, a couple of blow-up holes...

In my Clutch stand bag:

G15 Driver

G15 4 Wood

Warrior Golf 7 Wood

G15 4-UW

55* Sand & 60* Lob Wedges

Sedona i Putter

Balls

79 from the tips at my local (and short) muni (Westwood: par 70; 69.5/116).

Very pleased because that's an excellent round for me, and the first time I've broken 80 without some sort of asterisk attached.

Even more pleased because I managed to overcome taking a penalty on my very first swing (hooked into the driving range).

a disappointing 82 today.  started off pretty solid coming off the front nine at +2, but then just completely lost it on the back nine, most especially on the 15th where i took an 8 (tee shot into a pond, followed by a hooked approach into ANOTHER pond).  ouch.  finished par, par, birdie from there, but it was poor consolation after that 8.

40 (+5)

2 birdies, 2 pars, 3 bogies, 2 doubles

Fun round, 2 three putts, my speed was horrible most of the night

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

+4 (76) at Heron Lakes, Great Blue course.  Shot a +1 on the front 9 (which was played last Friday) and then played the back 9 today and shot a +3 on the back.  3 birdies total, 2 today even though the greens had been sanded yesterday.  I know the 9's were split, but it was the only way to get a full 18 holes in with my schedule recently and our weather is starting to turn a bit on the ugly side.  Continued the good ball striking and driving from last Friday and even had a great chip (from the sanded approach area) to save par and a 7-iron to 3-feet to save bogey after mis-judging the wind on a par-3 over water.

This is getting me psyched to build an indoor hitting bay in our garage and just focus on swing mechanics and solid ball striking over the winter.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

86(+14) in sectionals today. Started on the back and shot a 39(+3). Don't even wanna talk about the front. Not the way I wanted this season to end.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Shot a smooth 80 today. Started off bad with a double bogey on the first hole but then got my self together and went par, par, birdie before bogeying the hardest hole on the course.

Highlight of the day was putting my tee shot within 2 feet on a 135 yard par 3 for a tap in birdie.

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

I shot 90 today. It wasn't much of a round, but I aced the 12th hole. My first hole-in-one! I didn't care what I shot after that .

• Upvote 1

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5

Callaway X2Hot Hybrids 16*, 22*, 25*

Callaway XR Irons 6-AW

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54*,59*, 64*

Odyssey Metal-X Milled Rossie Putter

Bag Boy Revolver LE bag

Bag Boy Quad cart