IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

hi there,

im 13 years old and shot my best 9 hole score the other day wich was a 44 even though i missed two 3 foot putts for par

it was in a twighlight competition and i won with 24 stabelford points.

• Upvote 1

today was my birthday, and we (my father and a couple of golf buddies) had planned on heading about 90 mins north to a pretty nice course we all like quite a bit.   however... 90% chance of rain/thundershowers pretty much put a stop to that.  i had the day off, though, and around 1 decided, you know what... screw it.  i'm going to play golf.  there's no lightning, just a steady rain shower.  as luck would have it, the storms broke up a bit while i was playing and i only had to deal with rain for about 6 of 18 holes.  the course conditions, of course, were less than ideal... casual water everywhere, and what wasn't underwater tended to be very soggy.  given those conditions, though, i didn't feel an 81 (par 70) was too shabby.

Set a new personal best yesterday at the home course with a two over par 74. One bogey and one birdie on the front and two bogeys on the back. I really wasn't hitting my irons very well but the chipping and putting were pretty good, particularly my lags. Had several long putts that I was able to roll up close to keep it to a two-putt. No three-putts on the card along with 5 one-putts.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

I played 9 holes and shot 38.  It was really pretty frustrating for me, but I stayed positive and just kept plugging away.  Only 1 birdie, but I lipped out a couple.  Just couldn't get them to drop.  Tried to play fades on almost every shot, working on maintaining the flying wedge.  The last hole, I held off a 4-iron and hit a little 200 yard draw.  It's weird holding it off and hitting draws.  Feels really strange to me, but I'm keeping at it.  Either shape, they don't move much.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Not good at all. 53.

It was looking good after 5 holes, only 6 up, which is OK for me. But then my 3 wood cracked, and I went +10 on the last 3 holes to finish 18 over - using my brothers wood. Mostly due to sliced drives and irons, and a few bad chips. Highlight of the round was getting a ~20 foot putt for bogey on a par 5. Straight uphill though.

2 3 putts on the last two holes, mostly due to my frustration from my bad tee shots and approaches.

Played in an alternate shot tournament with my Dad today, had fun, we shot 72 gross and finished 2nd.  4 birdies, 4 bogeys.  Hitting the driver really good right now

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 74 at tobacco road today.  Front nine started off really bad with some really bad tee shots.  Ended up 5 over on the front and -2 under on the back.  Back nine could have been alot better I hit 8 greens and missed alot of really short putts.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

played 45 holes today.  woo!  it was pretty soggy/slushy out there due to heavy rains last night, and i was having some trouble getting my weight shifted back to my left side, but despite all that, held on to a +10 for the first 18, +8 for the second 18, and then +4 for the last nine.  so +22 total for 45 holes.

still cold, still wet from the rains, but played 36 today and shot 75/73 (one birdie, 26 pars, nine bogies).  today might have been the first time that i played consecutive rounds with nothing worse than bogey on the card.

Shot a 93 at the Bobby Jones British course in Sarasota - first time playing the course. Big thing was nothing over a double on a hole - 12/14 fairways, 35 putts, 3 pars, 9 bogies and 6 doubles. My only complaint with the course was only mats on the range - something that I am not used to.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

90 - hoping for better things next year

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Shot a 93.  Not bad, considering I haven't touched a club in 2.5 months.  I didn't track stats on this one---don't track 'em when I play with my dad---but hit a few GIR and my putting was pretty good for the most part.  Made 5 pars and 5 bogeys, and my driving was phenomenal for my own standards.  Hopefully this means things will come together in the spring when I can hopefully start playing regularly again.

Also nice because it pushed my handicap down to 24 or slightly below.  Been chasing that number for a while now.  I think I'll probably start an official handicap now.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

87 on a 7000 yard course, drove the ball horrible, hit my irons like crap.... lucky it was as low as it was....

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Played Stableford today and scored 25 points. Considering I scored 0 on 8 holes I'm happy with that score.

For me the eye-opener today was the point at which I stopped trying to hit the ball. The swing felt effortless and like I couldn't be bothered to swing the club but I think that's exactly what my game needs.

Par 3 200 yard hole I chose my 4i and somehow over-shot the back of the green by 10 feet.

Par 3 148 yards with front-pin I hit my 8i and somehow managed to plop the ball a foot past a bunker ready to roll down onto the green but it spun back into the bunker instead; happy with distance however.

125 yard par 3 tee'd off with PW and landed pin-high 5 yards right. Looked at the pitch mark and it was a foot left and forward of where it landed up.

Several bunker shots and got out with lovely loft and pace for soft landings.

Used my dreaded 58.08 wedge greenside and managed to stop the ball 5 ft from the pin.

Over-all a nice day today.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

81 at Las Sendas... first time ever seeing the course, thank the big man upstairs that I was paired with some members who showed me the way around....

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom